No announcement yet.

Calzaghe-Kessler: Who's Your Pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe-Kessler: Who's Your Pick?

A lot of talk about this fight. Just wondering if people actually think Kessler can beat Calzaghe.
    Calzaghe
    57.95%
    Kessler
    31.82%
    Too Close to Call
    10.23%

Have to pick Calzaghe i was at the Lacy fight and on that form can't see nyone about at the moment beating him. I think Kessler is a fight he'll be able to get up for!

Comment

I see Calzaghe winning by getting a close decision, Kessler would up a good fight for Joe.

Comment

I would be jhappy if kessler won... but Calpunko is fast and has a pop pop in his punch....

Kessler hits harder.. but calpunk might be a lil too much of a boxer for his one demnisional straights and jabs.

UNLESS he can show us another side and i would really like kessler to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ceboxer15 View Post
          I see Calzaghe winning by getting a close decision, Kessler would up a good fight for Joe.
          Yeah, definetely the toughest fight for Calzaghe. It would be a close one...

Comment

Very close call IMO......Kessler hits harder they appear almost equally as fast as each other although a slight advantage to Calzaghe and we don't know much about Kesslers Chin yet so it is very hard to say.....I think if I had to choose I would go with Kessler due to his youth and Joes brittle hand.....Joe is not beating Kessler one handed.

Comment

It's really quite simple.

Mikkel Kessler is a pure jab-first fighter. Joe Calzaghe - due to his fast movement, fast hands and the movement he uses (shifting or spinning) - has never been hit with jabs.
              Last edited by Dimebar; 04-19-2007, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebar View Post
                It's really quite simple.

Mikkel Kessler is a pure jab-first fighter. Joe Calzaghe - due to his fast hands, fast movement and the movement he uses (shifting or spinning) - has never been hit with jabs.
                So Calzaghe does a job on him, and afterwards it'd be considered pointless because Kessler would have been the underdog to begin with, whereas the winner of Hopkins-Wright for example would have went into it maybe 50/50.

Comment

Who honestly wants to see Joe fight some European robot over a top American guy?

Comment

The last three posts are a reminder of why we endure the other ****.

It really is a simple fight. When given the opportunity to vary his attack against Andrade Kessler did not do so. There's no way he lands jabs and 1-2s on Calzaghe. A Hopkins fight is difficult to envision and anything could happen, but Kessler is a pretty straightforward puzzle for Calzaghe to solve.

Comment

Working...
                    X