No announcement yet.

How's Training Going For Everyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's Training Going For Everyone?

Havent been on here in a while, post how ya training has been coming alone from January-Now

For me, I havent been training that much lately mostly because everytime I get motivated and ready to compete they end up canceling the tourney.. So that gives me the "**** it" attitude

Ima take this week off, then try to get back into it next week

This is my last week at my job so they're working me like a red-headed stepchild. I haven't boxed since Tuesday night and will go again tomorrow. But I'll have about 3-4 weeks of well-earned slack time to train hard, sleep in, etc., starting next week. I expect this upcoming month to be my major "growth period" for the year if I do it right.

I've been keeping up with my roadwork, though, and shadowboxing at night and doing pushups etc. during the day. I've actually managed to put a couple of footwork things together in the past week that should work well in the ring; there's really only one way to find out, though.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
      This is my last week at my job so they're working me like a red-headed stepchild. I haven't boxed since Tuesday night and will go again tomorrow. But I'll have about 3-4 weeks of well-earned slack time to train hard, sleep in, etc., starting next week. I expect this upcoming month to be my major "growth period" for the year if I do it right.

I've been keeping up with my roadwork, though, and shadowboxing at night and doing pushups etc. during the day. I've actually managed to put a couple of footwork things together in the past week that should work well in the ring; there's really only one way to find out, though.

Sounds good man, keep it up

Comment

I actually only started boxing in January but I have been hitting the boxing gym religiously with my trainer. I have gone from 189 to 169 in those two months. Just recently I have started full on sparring. I actually went three rounds with another guy who is supposed to be some kind of Tae Kwan Do expert. He is only there to spar. He told the guys who run the gym he doesn't need to learn anything, he just wants to spar.

Me, on the other hand, have been heeding every piece of information my trainer gives me. I had sparred with my trainer several times and learned some of the mistakes like backing up, dropping my right, foot work, angles, etc. I got tagged by my trainer several times but it helped me learn and he finally thought it was okay for me to fight another guy.

So I was a little nervous as this Tae Kwon Do guy struts around the gym and looks like he knows what he's doing. However, what happened was, I was able to score at will. Every time I jabbed twice he would back up and I was able to keep going forward. I landed a left hook which then he was paranoid about so I was able to fake left hook and use the right at will also. It was a huge confidence builder. I think my trainer was actually using me to prove a point to this guy. The point being, you have to learn the art. You can't just go in and spar. Basically I have been doing it for two months and I was able to outbox him becasue I have been training and listening. So I'm sold. Train hard, listen, and execute.

I've since been sparring with my trainer and he has been getting more aggressive with me to bring me along but I think its for the better. I still can't get over how grueling training and sparring is but I have never felt better in my life.

Comment

Good,

Today's routine:

6 rounds on the heavybag, 30 seconds break every two rounds.
          15 minutes excersise bike
          military press 4x10 or 15
          Bench press 2x
          foward and rear pulldowns xx

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

my training for the past 2 weeks has been really really bad mentally and physically. theres a kid at the gym(if you dont know the story look up the thread aggresive right handers) that keeps calling me out to spar and hes a year younger than me making him 15 and hes really out of control he doesnt spar he really just fights with gloves on he even mentioned i hate sparring but i love fighting up the person in there with me he has 2 years of experience and he hits with a fairly good power punches insted of not going crazy in the ring and sparring to get better he basicly goes nuts in there for the whole round!
            I sparred him 2 weeks ago and made him look like nothing and now he wants to get in there with me again! not to mention when i got in there with him a couple weeks ago i almost got caught several times there was a time where his straight right was so close to me i felt it on the tip of my nose and thank god it didnt catch me it was very powerful, and that day i performed my best and he got mad and didnt show up to the gym untill last week and people were telling me i made him very mad and now he keeps coming up to me asking me to get in there again with him and i keep telling him no. can anyone please help me out on what i should do? because i dont want to get killed and i dont want to be a chicken and feel like im not applying myself

Comment

Right on man! I started boxing at the end of December but my trainer takes a little different approach and more time. He wants me to do one on one lessons (which I'm doing right now) then pick up the pace in group work (going 3 minutes each round and a 20 second break) then go into sparring. Your right about all this other stuff it can't compare to boxing. People often look at football being the roughest sport but they always overlook boxing and the preperation.

Originally posted by Nazgul666 View Post
              I actually only started boxing in January but I have been hitting the boxing gym religiously with my trainer. I have gone from 189 to 169 in those two months. Just recently I have started full on sparring. I actually went three rounds with another guy who is supposed to be some kind of Tae Kwan Do expert. He is only there to spar. He told the guys who run the gym he doesn't need to learn anything, he just wants to spar.

Me, on the other hand, have been heeding every piece of information my trainer gives me. I had sparred with my trainer several times and learned some of the mistakes like backing up, dropping my right, foot work, angles, etc. I got tagged by my trainer several times but it helped me learn and he finally thought it was okay for me to fight another guy.

So I was a little nervous as this Tae Kwon Do guy struts around the gym and looks like he knows what he's doing. However, what happened was, I was able to score at will. Every time I jabbed twice he would back up and I was able to keep going forward. I landed a left hook which then he was paranoid about so I was able to fake left hook and use the right at will also. It was a huge confidence builder. I think my trainer was actually using me to prove a point to this guy. The point being, you have to learn the art. You can't just go in and spar. Basically I have been doing it for two months and I was able to outbox him becasue I have been training and listening. So I'm sold. Train hard, listen, and execute.

I've since been sparring with my trainer and he has been getting more aggressive with me to bring me along but I think its for the better. I still can't get over how grueling training and sparring is but I have never felt better in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
                my training for the past 2 weeks has been really really bad mentally and physically. theres a kid at the gym(if you dont know the story look up the thread aggresive right handers) that keeps calling me out to spar and hes a year younger than me making him 15 and hes really out of control he doesnt spar he really just fights with gloves on he even mentioned i hate sparring but i love fighting up the person in there with me he has 2 years of experience and he hits with a fairly good power punches insted of not going crazy in the ring and sparring to get better he basicly goes nuts in there for the whole round!
                I sparred him 2 weeks ago and made him look like nothing and now he wants to get in there with me again! not to mention when i got in there with him a couple weeks ago i almost got caught several times there was a time where his straight right was so close to me i felt it on the tip of my nose and thank god it didnt catch me it was very powerful, and that day i performed my best and he got mad and didnt show up to the gym untill last week and people were telling me i made him very mad and now he keeps coming up to me asking me to get in there again with him and i keep telling him no. can anyone please help me out on what i should do? because i dont want to get killed and i dont want to be a chicken and feel like im not applying myself

You guys dont have a trainer supervising the sparring? Someone should be monitering whats going on during sparring, making sure the other guy isnt "loading up" with haymakers trying to kill his opponent because that's not what sparring is for, and that wont benefit anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
                  You guys dont have a trainer supervising the sparring? Someone should be monitering whats going on during sparring, making sure the other guy isnt "loading up" with haymakers trying to kill his opponent because that's not what sparring is for, and that wont benefit anyone.
                  Yup, my thoughts exactly. Where is the coach in all of this? Also it is the responsibility of the coach to match guys up and tell who to spar who.

Comment

ya it doesnt really look like hes hitting you hard but you feel it hes never hit me in the head or in the face but i felt his body punches

Comment

Working...
                    X