Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hozumi Hasegawa VS Nonito Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think this would be a very close fight. Hozumi has this very subtle trait of knowing when and if an opposing fighter is going to counter, which I think Hozumi will be too smart for against him. Lately, Donaire has been a counter-puncher, capitalizing on offensive fighters. I can't see Hasegawa walking into any of Donaires predictable counters. I can actually see Donaire getting frustrated at the lack of counter opportunities in which he will try to get off and Hozumi counters back. I think Hasegawa is just too accurate, fast, and powerful to get knocked out. I see this as being a chess match with both fighters being hesitant to get off or exchange. But I can see either man winning a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by britton View Post
      Why is there a big question mark over his chin? He went through four rounds with a fucked up jaw before Montiel could hurt him.

I agree with the first part, though.
      i remember reading it was the ko that messed up his jaw. either way, he was out.

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
        i remember reading it was the ko that messed up his jaw. either way, he was out.
        Everything I've read quotes Hasegawa saying he felt it happen during the first round. And it's not like he got put out like Williams did. He was on his feet and talking to the referee immediately after it was waved off.

Comment

Everything I've read quotes Hasegawa saying he felt it happen during the first round. And it's not like he got put out like Williams did. He was on his feet and talking to the referee immediately after it was waved off.
          he was hanging on the ropes and not even attempting to defend himself. it was a legit stoppage. if what you said is true about it happening in the first round, that's impressive. but i really don't remember montiel landing anything in the first couple rounds that could've hurt hoz. he seemed to be easily outboxing him.

Comment

Dude, Hozumi may not have been out like Williams but he was out regardless, out on the ropes.. that shot disconnected him from his senses and a few more shots could have killed him...

Comment

I'm not saying the stoppage wasn't legit. He was out of it for a moment. My point is, if he was dropped by the punch that made him stagger to the ropes, then maybe you could question his chin. I think it held up pretty well against a very hard puncher.

Comment

I'm not saying the stoppage wasn't legit. He was out of it for a moment. My point is, if he was dropped by the punch that made him stagger to the ropes, then maybe you could question his chin. I think it held up pretty well against a very hard puncher.

His chin is fine .. That punch by montiel would have staggered a buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
                  he was hanging on the ropes and not even attempting to defend himself. it was a legit stoppage. if what you said is true about it happening in the first round, that's impressive. but i really don't remember montiel landing anything in the first couple rounds that could've hurt hoz. he seemed to be easily outboxing him.
                  I remember he also wrote on his blog that he felt it happen in the first.

Comment

Working...
                  X