No announcement yet.

Square Enix you LAZY ****S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
    Final fantasy was on an incredible run on the ps1, it was pacquiao-esque in how they moved up a division from the SNES and carried that skill and power up with them to the ps1.

However they took a vicious knockout when they moved up another division to the ps2. Scrapping the world map was a terrible idea, the sense of discovery dissipated in ff10. They lost their comeback fight too in ff11. The second comeback in ff12 showed some promise but the lack of story demonstrated the fire had gone.

Now the series is akin to James toney. That 20 hour corridor in ff13 was like going to work and void of any fun whatsoever.

The series is just fighting on for the money, it's a real shame. I wish they would retire the franchise.
    13 was complete trash. I picked it up in a bargain bin and the whole game is literally you walking in a straight fucking line with a garbage melodramatic teenie bop story and button mashing the "auto attack" option.

The series has turned into straight shit.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      13 was complete trash. I picked it up in a bargain bin and the whole game is literally you walking in a straight fucking line with a garbage melodramatic teenie bop story and button mashing the "auto attack" option.

The series has turned into straight shit.
      Yep 13 was a polished turd there's no other way around it. One of the worst games I have ever played but damn did it look pretty.

FF15 looks just as bad. It looks like a knock off of devil may cry and god of war with some cover mechanic that all generic games seem to employ these days.

Thankfully some members of square enix have been allowed to develop an old-school rpg called bravely default but it's on the 3ds as I mention in another thread.

Comment

I Bought FFX not all that long ago and fired it up on the ol' ps2 and I have to admit, aside from some of the horrible voice acting(Tidus really grinds my gears) it holds up solidly. Nothing as mindblowing as playing through 6 & 7 for the first time but it gets the job done. Maybe with the enhanced specs it won't feel as outdated. FFIX is my favorite btw.

I'm waiting on the new Kingdom Hearts to drop and maaaybe the upcoming FFXV b4 purchasing a PS4. Till then I'll play some FF Tactics to help pass the time..

Comment

Square has been a disappointment for some time now. I have lost all interest in any upcoming FF games. I played 13 for maybe 5 days and haven't picked it up since, X-2 only got about 20 minutes of my time and I took it right back. 9 is very underrated and I'm actually in the process of playing through to be it for the first time (not sure why I never beat it before). FF X..... was ok....blitzball was fun, I guess. 7 was just straight dopamine, that's all I can say. And 8, was like a friend you didn't like at first when you first met, but later realy began to appreciate.

Chrono Trigger and Cross...oh, man. They forever hold a special place with me. Square has really lost their magic over the years

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
            10 had some of the worst acting and worst dubbing ever in the history of the recorded voice. It was truly unforgivable. The sphere grid was sick though.
            Yeah i honestly was used to the letter boxes silent cinematic, but that voice acting was a disappointment I would have rather have none at all. But the rest was great tho.

Comment

Working...
            X