No announcement yet.

Tipping is for chumps. Do NOT do it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipping is for chumps. Do NOT do it!

It's not my problem if they don't get paid enough. Take it up with your boss, go on strike, I don't care! Just don't expect me to hand out free money.

I'm not cheap. The restaurant owner is.

Reservoir dogs

Comment

Having lived in England for years and now Canada, I know how opinions on tipping vary. If you get good service, I feel tipping is necessary. No offense, you make yourself sound like an arsehole making a thread like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
        Reservoir dogs
        lol i loved that scene....

Comment

my tipping is solely based on the service i receive

you come to my table only once to bring my food, you might get nothing

you come a couple of times and make sure im ok and fill up my drink without me asking, you get ever more

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
            Having lived in England for years and now Canada, I know how opinions on tipping vary. If you get good service, I feel tipping is necessary. No offense, you make yourself sound like an arsehole making a thread like this.
            HEY! don't call me an arsehole. Go take it out on the employer.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              my tipping is solely based on the service i receive

you come to my table only once to bring my food, you might get nothing

you come a couple of times and make sure im ok and fill up my drink without me asking, you get ever more
              this is exactly what I look for from a waiter, don't make me ask for a refill if I do I'll be very upset and it changes the tip amount...

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                this is exactly what I look for from a waiter, don't make me ask for a refill if I do I'll be very upset and it changes the tip amount...

this gesture is even more magnified if im drinking beer during a meal...if i have to wait and ask for another beer, that tip is in jeopardy

a good waiter/waitress monitors how much is left in my mug/glass as they walk by and will offer another when its below the halfway point

btw- thats the reason i pour my bottle into a mug at a restaurant...just so they can see how much i have left

Comment

Tipping is merit based. Their salary ain't.

If they do a good job, I make sure I take care of them. If they suck, they'll know it.

Comment

if you can't afford to tip, don't eat out. you're paying partially for refreshments and partially for service.

cheap birds.

Comment

Working...
                    X