No announcement yet.

Another Horrible Stoppage By A British Referee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Lo Greco would have been knocked out cold tbh.

2 minutes 20 second in the round, ffs. Khan would have Khan'd him.
    Agreed. You don't let a fight like that "play itself out" as some say. There is no belt on the line. Letting it "play out" is how someone ends up in a wheel chair wearing a **** bag. Ref made the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
      Agreed. You don't let a fight like that "play itself out" as some say. There is no belt on the line. Letting it "play out" is how someone ends up in a wheel chair wearing a **** bag. Ref made the right call.
      People like a car crash I think. What was Lo Greco going to do for 2 minutes and 20 seconds?

Lo Greco was not intelligently defending himself.

100% he was getting knocked out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        People like a car crash I think. What was Lo Greco going to do for 2 minutes and 20 seconds?

Lo Greco was not intelligently defending himself.

100% he was getting knocked out cold.
        Yup. I like to see someone get flattened just as much as anyone else, but not when it's clear that one fighter is just flat out too much for the other to even dream of overcoming. I like to see it in a war, but not in an ambush.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          Yes, Amir was going to win, but he should have counted him out or give him the chance to get back up on his feet, which I thought he could have. Who knows he might even have recovered and survived the round. What is it with British refs and their jumping in at the firt sign of trouble?

Remember when someone would get knocked down 3 or 4 time only to get smashed and counted out. There was contentment and closure.
          I been saying this for decades now. UK is shady as hell. If I was Wilder, I would stay the hell out of the UK.

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Good stoppage

Greco was finished
          People like you are the real problem here. UK is an embarassment to the sport. Mockery!

Comment

Yup. I like to see someone get flattened just as much as anyone else, but not when it's clear that one fighter is just flat out too much for the other to even dream of overcoming. I like to see it in a war, but not in an ambush.
            Then maybe you shouldn't have watched then. You knew what you were tuning into see so let's cut the shít homie. Everybody knew what this fight was about. It was about Khan looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              Then maybe you shouldn't have watched then. You knew what you were tuning into see so let's cut the shít homie. Everybody knew what this fight was about. It was about Khan looking good.
              You must be related to Einstein. Of course it was a Khan showcase. But that doesn't mean you disregard Phil Lo Greco's well being. That's ignorance at its finest.

Comment

You must be related to Einstein. Of course it was a Khan showcase. But that doesn't mean you disregard Phil Lo Greco's well being. That's ignorance at its finest.
                Ignorance pertaining to what exactly?

Greco went three rounds of Spence bombing on him. Ref seemed fine then. Went 10 rounds with Porter too. Dude sucks but it's not like he's Reggie Strickland or something.

Comment

British referees are the fastest fight stopping referees in the world when an British favorite fights a foreigner.

Comment

stoppage was too early, i think, greco was ready for more

especially in headline fights, it makes no sense to wave the fight off after one proper knockdown (the first one was a flash knockdown, greco jumped straight back up). i understand safety but **** me, why do we see this TIME AND TIME AGAIN in the uk?? I've seen more savage amateur bouts

Comment

Greco didnt know where he was and didnt even protest, guy was on complete queer street
                      Good stoppage

Comment

Working...
                      X