This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Been looking at Bakayoko's statistics from Monaco to Chelsea. He's been playing at the same level he's been at Monaco.

The only significant stat change is his average duels won. At Monaco it was 55% with 3 defensive actions on average. At Chelsea it has dropped to 47% with 3 defensive actions on average. (Squawka)
    His passing % has dropped by 1% from 87% to 86%. Defensive errors still 2 leading to goals from Monaco to Chelsea. Chances created: 12 at Chelsea, 15 at Monaco. 2 goals both leagues.

Compared him with some similar Prem players:
    • He's better than Ramsay at everything besides shooting and chances created.
    • Better than Henderson at everything besides chances created.
    • Emre Can is essentially what Bakayoko would become if he got better. Can plays better than him at everything and his defensive contributions is equal to Bakayoko at Monaco with a much better 57% average duels won.
    • Fernandinho blows Bakayoko away at EVERYTHING other than average duels won. 45% vs 47%. Errors are equal but Dinho has 4 defensive actions on average, 90% pass, 56% shot accuracy. Flat out better player.
    • Pogba is better at the offensive side, wins more duels on average, less defensive actions but makes no errors. Offensively blows Bakayoko away.
    • Dembele of Spurs is only better than him at pass accuracy %.

Statistics aren't everything to this game but what it can show is Bakayoko isn't playing different than before he came to Chelsea.

It may not be that he isn't good enough, he probably is. It's just that, at Chelsea, he doesn't improve the team with his ability. At least not in Conte's system.

He likely improves Arsenal, Spurs and in certain situations, Liverpool however.
    This is the most Yank football post of all time

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      This is the most Yank football post of all time
      Whatever you say.

I'm not touting him to be anything other than what he was at Monaco.

Comment

Been looking at Bakayoko's statistics from Monaco to Chelsea. He's been playing at the same level he's been at Monaco.

The only significant stat change is his average duels won. At Monaco it was 55% with 3 defensive actions on average. At Chelsea it has dropped to 47% with 3 defensive actions on average. (Squawka)
        His passing % has dropped by 1% from 87% to 86%. Defensive errors still 2 leading to goals from Monaco to Chelsea. Chances created: 12 at Chelsea, 15 at Monaco. 2 goals both leagues.

• Emre Can is essentially what Bakayoko would become if he got better. Can plays better than him at everything and his defensive contributions is equal to Bakayoko at Monaco with a much better 57% average duels won.
        • Fernandinho blows Bakayoko away at EVERYTHING other than average duels won. 45% vs 47%. Errors are equal but Dinho has 4 defensive actions on average, 90% pass, 56% shot accuracy. Flat out better player.
        • Pogba is better at the offensive side, wins more duels on average, less defensive actions but makes no errors. Offensively blows Bakayoko away.

Statistics aren't everything to this game but what it can show is Bakayoko isn't playing different than before he came to Chelsea.

It may not be that he isn't good enough, he probably is. It's just that, at Chelsea, he doesn't improve the team with his ability. At least not in Conte's system.

Wow just look at all those stats. You're really good at football.

Comment

• The only stats I like are goals, assists, and high intensity sprints.

I doubt Paolo Maldini actually made a tackle in his life. Didn't have to.

But I can't believe Bakayoko has completed 86% of passes

He is the only top level football player who doesn't look around him before he receive the ball. Honestly watch him.

His balance is so bad that he ends up playing about half his passes with the outside of his boot. That also leads to him being shunted off the ball.

There were signs of promise very early on but I think he should be put in the development squad now. Get back to basics.

Even if they loan him out they might as well write off £40 mill. He's had a footballing nervous breakdown. He's worse than a prime Carlos Sanchez currently
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-21-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• I don't even like assists. They never used to be a thing.

Have you seen what gets given as an assist? If a defender passes to a left back and he then tried an audacious 50 yard drive and it goes in the defender will get an assist. Ridiculous.

I don't think they started counting assists in the premier league until 1998 or sometime like that. It made me wonder why i saw Scholes so low down on a list of all time prem league assisters.

Comment

• How do you guys rate the top 5 teams/squads player for player? (not how they are doing in the league).. One guy i was talking to reckons Mourhino is doing a good job.. and he needs more backing like Pep has at City.. which is BS in itself imo..

United have the best Goal keeper in the world.. arguably the best defence in the league..

Then in midfield.. Pogba, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Mctomminay, Carrick, Herrera, Fellani

Attack.. Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Ibra

Can anyone honestly tell me that squad (talent wise) doesn't **** on any team in the league not named City? Even with City the difference should be nowhere near 20 points..

Really ****ing worries me if that **** stays.. because i don't see anyone in the world we can sign.. who would come in and change things.. We already have the talent at the club.. just not the mentality.. direction or correct manager

Comment

• I do think I could probably get high 90's for pass completion for City if I just stayed slap bang on the centre circle literally only Liverpool pressure them there. I could be rolling 10 yard passes backwards and sideways and if anyone gets to within 5 yards off me I'll launch it back to Ederson

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                  How do you guys rate the top 5 teams/squads player for player? (not how they are doing in the league).. One guy i was talking to reckons Mourhino is doing a good job.. and he needs more backing like Pep has at City.. which is BS in itself imo..

United have the best Goal keeper in the world.. arguably the best defence in the league..

Then in midfield.. Pogba, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Mctomminay, Carrick, Herrera, Fellani

Attack.. Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Ibra

Can anyone honestly tell me that squad (talent wise) doesn't **** on any team in the league not named City? Even with City the difference should be nowhere near 20 points..

Really ****ing worries me if that **** stays.. because i don't see anyone in the world we can sign.. who would come in and change things.. We already have the talent at the club.. just not the mentality.. direction or correct manager

Think Wenger could turn that lot around?

I am tongue in cheek here but entertain the hypothetical.

Comment

This isn't baseball. Other than goals and assists stats are completely irrelevant unless you can dig me out stats for passing forward and further than five yards?

Comment

Think Wenger could turn that lot around?

I am tongue in cheek here but entertain the hypothetical.
                      I couldn't take Wenger at Old trafford.. but he'd certainly play decent stuff with that team..

With that squad i do not see 20 pts away from City and 2nd as a good season.. especially as we might not even finish 2nd when its all said and done..

Pep, Klopp, Conte, Poch all do better with that side imo

Comment

Working...
                      X