Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Worse, Tyson Fully Supporting Trump, or Floyd's Objectivity "All Lives Matter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd admire Hillary Clinton. She's done the impossible in making me think that voting for Trump could be a good idea.

Comment

the worst is that you have two imbeciles running for power and that will be the end of this world.

Comment

It's mind boggling that saying all lives matter is controversial.

Comment

"All lives matter"

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
            Tyson cant vote anyway..and Floyd said nothing wrong
            ...of course. Interesting how soon after he said "all lives matter", it showed up in your sig. Sheep

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
              Funny bunch, the Yanks, aren't they? Apparently saying that makes you a racist over there when I would have thought it's a self evident truth. Just because it's been appropriated by those seeking to downplay the 'black lives matter' meme, doesn't make it any less true in and of itself.

Any words can be perverted - I guess that's one problem with living in a soundbite society - the truth behind words is often lost in the layers of association attached to a particular truism or slogan.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                Originally posted by ManOfVictory View Post
                "All lives matter"
                reported and red k'd for racism

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Funny bunch, the Yanks, aren't they? Apparently saying that makes you a racist over there .
                  actually the theme is about one guy being hypocritical or careless, not that what he said was racist. the worst is taking his statements out of context, or not understanding it.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    actually the theme is about one guy being hypocritical or careless, not that what he said was racist. the worst is taking his statements out of context, or not understanding it.
                    The theme of what? The thread? Nah, I was just going off at my own little tangent. I wasn't really talking 'bout Floyd at all, just making a general point about the weirdness of folk getting so upset over what amounts to a soundbite. From an outsiders perspective this looks like a storm in a teacup,

I get the controversy and it is both slippery and quite underhand the way that the seemingly innocuous 'All Lives Matter' has been appropriated in this circumstance, but for me there's a much bigger story of global suffering and iniquity driven by the same forces that maintain the status quo in your country (i'm assuming you're American here). So I, personally, feel quite justified in stating 'All Lives Matter'. Whether Floyd is or not in the tangled arguments over the use of a meme is for you and your compatriots to decide.

Comment

Score - one for Mayweather
                      - minus one for Tyson

PS. I am NOT a Mayweather fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X