No announcement yet.

fall out 4 anyone playing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fall out 4 anyone playing ?

I got fall out four an have to say its the best most frustrating game i have eva played
    Anyone else play it an what you think ?

It can be frustrating. I like it though.

I can't figure out how to build up a town for my life though. Weird af.

Comment

What exactly is frustrating? The game is awesome for me. Have you played Fallout 3 & New Vegas before? If not, I could imagine stepping into FO4 for the first time, being thrown all of this stuff at you with little instructions would be rather overwhelming and confusing. But if you've played Fallout games before, pretty much everything is what you'd expect more or less.

If building settlements is what's frustrating to you, you don't have to build them, it's completely optional. Or if you don't want to skip over it completely, simply build a pre-made small building/shack, put up a couple defense turrets around it and you're good. You can also use Google/Youtube and get pointers on how to build properly. With a little experience you can build some amazing stuff.

Right now I have a a couple two story buildings by the bridge at the Sanctuary with a couple look-out towers that I assigned settlers too, along with a few turrets. And a few power generators with wires connected to each building to power the lights, etc. and the broadcast tower to attract new settlers. All of this was completely unnecessary of course and is optional.

Comment

I'm going to play FO 4 soon, i'll get it for PC. Right now i'm hooked on Fall Out Shelter for android

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          What exactly is frustrating? The game is awesome for me. Have you played Fallout 3 & New Vegas before? If not, I could imagine stepping into FO4 for the first time, being thrown all of this stuff at you with little instructions would be rather overwhelming and confusing. But if you've played Fallout games before, pretty much everything is what you'd expect more or less.

If building settlements is what's frustrating to you, you don't have to build them, it's completely optional. Or if you don't want to skip over it completely, simply build a pre-made small building/shack, put up a couple defense turrets around it and you're good. You can also use Google/Youtube and get pointers on how to build properly. With a little experience you can build some amazing stuff.

Right now I have a a couple two story buildings by the bridge at the Sanctuary with a couple look-out towers that I assigned settlers too, along with a few turrets. And a few power generators with wires connected to each building to power the lights, etc. and the broadcast tower to attract new settlers. All of this was completely unnecessary of course and is optional.
          The first 20 hours i played i did 2 quests and spent the rest of the time building, it's addicting.

Comment

Never played the fallout games I wanted to pick it up but all these simcity building is turning me off maybe I will still pick it up down the line when the bugs are fixed and DLC are included

would've preferred an elder scrolls game instead of this tbh

Comment

Great game. The small but important improvements make a real difference, the fact that things move in vats is really cool. I love to get a medium-strength gun, the sort you can get 4 vats shots in one go from, and then back up from a load of ghouls, trying to take out all of their legs before they reach me and then executing them one by one as they slowly crawl towards me. Sometimes you get overwhelmed though but it's fun like a zombie movie.

Haven't had anything frustrating happen. Some bad walking animation/glitches, things gliding on the ground or flying in the air. It's not common though and I've only got my foot stuck in a rock once so far, in Fallout 3 (on 360) that happened a lot even after the patches. I will say that the flying insects and bug piss me off though, but they're supposed to.

Have only done basic building, looked at what each settlement needs for power, food etc. and built it. I store all my junk in an ammo box and then take it out to built to avoid being weighed down. I haven't read much on it, what have you guys built? I haven't built any stores yet, seems like a long-term thing and I haven't got enough caps to spend a large chunk on that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Never played the fallout games I wanted to pick it up but all these simcity building is turning me off maybe I will still pick it up down the line when the bugs are fixed and DLC are included

would've preferred an elder scrolls game instead of this tbh
                The "sim city" stuff is what a lot of people post pictures of online because they feel like they built something cool and want to show off their creation. Like I said above, you don't have to spend any time doing any of that stuff if you don't want, it's optional which is what makes it a cool feature imo - it's there if you want it but it isn't really necessary and it isn't a main focal point of the game. The game at it's core is still about the main storyline, side quests, exploring, looting, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Have only done basic building, looked at what each settlement needs for power, food etc. and built it. I store all my junk in an ammo box and then take it out to built to avoid being weighed down. I haven't read much on it, what have you guys built? I haven't built any stores yet, seems like a long-term thing and I haven't got enough caps to spend a large chunk on that yet.
                  I just stuck to Sanctuary Hills for my settlement. I spent a few hours with it when the game came out but now mainly just play the story, side quests and explore. BUT it is a good source of income!

What I did was your typical create a building/fortress type structure by the bridge over the little river. I have turrets and a defense lookout tower, etc. Inside the fortress I have a room with a safe that I keep extra guns and armor that I don't carry as my primary. I have a bobblehead collection stand and a magazine stand that I display magazines I've found. I have some crops growing that settlers, well, crop, etc. BUT the best way I've found to make a good income is that I have several industrial sized water pumps hooked up to a generator. Because I have several of them, every few days there is a surplus of purified water, which is automatically placed into my workbench. There will be 25-35 bottles of water that I can take and then sell to merchants for a lot of caps! If I build more, there will be even more of a surplus and potentially you can get around 160 bottles of water every few game time days, which you can get approximately 2,000 caps for.

I don't have any stores yet either, I think that requires a perk that I haven't felt necessary to unlock yet, since I have other priorities at the moment, but eventually I'll do that and see whats up.

This game is so fun though. I love weapon modding and exploring. You can really make some badass weapons! Good feature to be able to rename your guns too.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    I just stuck to Sanctuary Hills for my settlement. I spent a few hours with it when the game came out but now mainly just play the story, side quests and explore. BUT it is a good source of income!

What I did was your typical create a building/fortress type structure by the bridge over the little river. I have turrets and a defense lookout tower, etc. Inside the fortress I have a room with a safe that I keep extra guns and armor that I don't carry as my primary. I have a bobblehead collection stand and a magazine stand that I display magazines I've found. I have some crops growing that settlers, well, crop, etc. BUT the best way I've found to make a good income is that I have several industrial sized water pumps hooked up to a generator. Because I have several of them, every few days there is a surplus of purified water, which is automatically placed into my workbench. There will be 25-35 bottles of water that I can take and then sell to merchants for a lot of caps! If I build more, there will be even more of a surplus and potentially you can get around 160 bottles of water every few game time days, which you can get approximately 2,000 caps for.

I don't have any stores yet either, I think that requires a perk that I haven't felt necessary to unlock yet, since I have other priorities at the moment, but eventually I'll do that and see whats up.

This game is so fun though. I love weapon modding and exploring. You can really make some badass weapons! Good feature to be able to rename your guns too.

anyone noticed you cant store junk in other bases other than sanctuary hills? in the workshops anyways

Comment

Working...
                    X