No announcement yet.

Omar Figueroa, how good is this kid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omar Figueroa, how good is this kid?

I have been more and more impressed with this kid. He is really strong for the weight class, is fearless and jumps on you from round 1.

He can also box a little, even though he brawls, I have seen him box in previous fights and be patient when his opponent doesn't fold early on.

His body punching is crazy and he wants to hurt you so bad. I love the way he switches left to right and loses no power, skill or speed.

How good can this kid be?

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I have been more and more impressed with this kid. He is really strong for the weight class, is fearless and jumps on you from round 1.

He can also box a little, even though he brawls, I have seen him box in previous fights and be patient when his opponent doesn't fold early on.

His body punching is crazy and he wants to hurt you so bad. I love the way he switches left to right and loses no power, skill or speed.

How good can this kid be?

Been following this kid for the last 2 years bro, kid is legit, hes from the texas valley, another guy im following is roberto marroquin, from fort worth, he gave a good account of himself against rigondeaux not long ago, he even looked better than nonito... Im excited about the new generation of prospects, brilliant future ahead for mexican boxing..

Comment

Baby face is a beast. An excellent pressure fighter and I've been a fan and following his work for some time. And I'm going to say this right now, Broner is lucky he left that division, cause in another year, he'd have gotten whupped by Baby Face.

Comment

Marroquin is from Texas? How is his following so big in Oklahoma?

Figueroa got some balls for how young he is, he's pretty fearless so it seems. But he's very hittable tho could take an L if matched up with the wrong opponent.

Mean body shots, always love some body punchers.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Tough to say, he has talent but it really comes down to how strong he is mentally. He has a style to kill those that are not better than him but what happens when faced with a stiffer challenge, does he have the will, patience and toughness to take the heat that will come with breaking a guy down.

Those are the questions you can't answer for any prospect though and why most prospects fail because you can easily see the skills but you can't see what is underneath.

Comment

i will make it short HE SUCKS SAME OLD CRAP HE HAS NO SKILLS. He has all ready been tested and lost but got a gife win

Comment

Figueroa is relentless and I think if he wanted to could defend better but he feels like offense is the best defense.

After the fight, you could hear trainer Julio Diaz tell Oscar in the corner "I didn't think it would go this long" I don't think he was exaggerating either.

The kid comes out and bangs with accuracy. Michael "the Artist" Perez said after they fought that it felt like he had something in his gloves he hit so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Figueroa is relentless and I think if he wanted to could defend better but he feels like offense is the best defense.

After the fight, you could hear trainer Julio Diaz tell Oscar in the corner "I didn't think it would go this long" I don't think he was exaggerating either.

The kid comes out and bangs with accuracy. Michael "the Artist" Perez said after they fought that it felt like he had something in his gloves he hit so hard.
                I became an instant fan after the Perez fight, I've been lucky enough to be at his last 2 fights! People talk crap that the kid is just a brawler but he'll box when he has too. I saw an interview where he said his defense was putting pressure to stop the opponents from thinking about offense!

Comment

Just like Javier Fortuna this kid too need to work on defense

Comment

Kid def needs work but the talent is there. Joel Diaz is a solid trainer. He'll have him ready soon.

Viva Mexico!

Comment

Working...
                    X