No announcement yet.

Will we ever see an MMA Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    Swizzy, it is quite pointless for us to discuss.

But, keep learning.

Did you watch the video I posted where Fedor discussed the contract?
    yes I watched that video I already know all of that stuff cuz I was following all of it very closely while it was going on.

Fedor doesn't understand what a negotiation is. You receive a contract and you send it back with some of your changes/preferences. That's what a negotiation is all about. And that is exactly what happened later on after that interview. UFC did eventually agree on letting Fedor do his sambo(although I understand why UFC doesn't want him to do that).

UFC provides him with a **** load of money and promotion and in return they ask for some insurance so that their events run smoothly. I don't see any problem there. Fedor didn't like it so he tried to do his own thing and look at how that worked out.
    Also, my cynicism about Zuffa is rational.

I'll change my opinion if information comes to light to lead me to do so.

But, the safe medium for me, with respect to essentially everything Zuffa does, is cynicism. And, my cynicism is based on rationality.
    your view on Zuffa is not entirely rational. almost every post you make about them has a twisted perspective.
    Oh, and I was indeed referring to the recent situation, with respect to Randy Couture signing on to work with Bellator, and Zuffa and Dana White attempting one of their typical character assassination campaigns, almost before the ink dried.

And Randy didn't lose the suit. They settled out of court.

Also, it seemed as though part of the strategy of Zuffa was to keep the thing tied up in court indefinitely, to keep Couture on the shelf, and to wear out some of the luster of the fight.

But, that is just my opinion. That they settled the suit out of court is a fact.
    no they did not settle out of court. The UFC won that case.

Another case of you twisting info.
    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-28-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

No, actually, they settled out of court.

Another case of you being ignorant to the facts.

Comment

Swizzy, you are entitled to your opinions. You are not entitled to your own 'facts'.

That Couture and Zuffa settled out of court, is a fact.

Comment

No, actually, they settled out of court.

Another case of you being ignorant to the facts.

Swizzy, you are entitled to your opinions. You are not entitled to your own 'facts'.

That Couture and Zuffa settled out of court, is a fact.
          Well I don't remember it like that. Do you have any proof?

I remember Couture was jealous of Liddell making more money than him(even though Randy was making almost $2million/fight) so he got pissed and refused to honor the last 2 fights on the contract.

I'm no fan of Couture's anyway. I think his legend status is grossly overrated(he should thank the UFC for that). Asking to be paid more than Liddell is silly.
          Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-28-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Yes, I do have proof.

There was never a court injunction handed down against Corture's side.

What you remember, is fine, but the facts are still the facts.

The court never ruled.

They settled out of court.

And then, Couture fought Brock Lesnar.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
              What about the Randy Couture thing? Are you talking about the bogus case where he tried to sue the UFC for lying about the ppv numbers and LOST the case or the more recent thing where he signed with Bellator?

And as far as Fedor goes, I'm a big fan of his. And I was pissed as hell as a fan of his that he didn't sign with the UFC. So all the **** that Dana said about him in public was exactly what I was feeling about fedor as well. So yeah I agree with all the stuff that Dana said. Fedor and his management were asking way more than they were worth. Asking for 50% of a UFC ppv is ridiculous. No way Fedor is worth that much. The UFC brings in 80% of the fans just because its the UFC. Fedor can't just jump in there after the UFC built this brand over a decade and leech more than his worth. That was greed on the part of Fedor.

I'm sure all organizations play hard ball and do dirty things to get their way, but there's no need to have irrational sentiments about everything that a company does. Just wait till you see the evidence before forming an opinion.
              Where did you that it was Fedor/M1 demanded 50% of the PPV? From what I have read the only problem in the second round of discussions was due to the co-promotion on the UFCs side and Fedor and M1 haven't discussed round 2 of those negotiations back in 2009/10 like they did in 2007. Based on what they offered the P4P Number #1 fighter at the time it was a disgusting deal in 2007.

If Fedor signed with the UFC back in 2007 it would have been good, but what heavyweight could have challenged him back then in the UFC? He already beat Nog/Crocop, Mir hadn't come into his own since he came back from injury, he would have beaten Werdum convincingly and there were Arlovski and Sylvia whom he would go on to beat in Affliction. There was only Randy Couture which is a fight that should have happened but blame the UFC that it didn't. 2007 was the only year I would say OK, Fedor fought seriously outmatched opponents all year that was because the heavyweight class was on a downhill, Fedor had beaten most of the top guys and some of the others were in the UFC but they offered him an awful awful contract first time round lets be honest. He didn't want to be held hostage by the UFC and chose to fight else where. Arlovski/Sylvia/Rogers were decent wins at the time. He then went to Strikeforce which had a better heavyweight division than the UFC did at the time. He also tried to fight Barnett but he got caught roiding again.

Comment

Yes, I do have proof.

There was never a court injunction handed down against Corture's side.

What you remember, is fine, but the facts are still the facts.

The court never ruled.

They settled out of court.

And then, Couture fought Brock Lesnar.
                maybe.

all I know is Couture ended up extending his contract while also getting more money per fight.

so maybe that was the settlement and Couture did get his way. who knows.

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                Where did you that it was Fedor/M1 demanded 50% of the PPV? From what I have read the only problem in the second round of discussions was due to the co-promotion on the UFCs side and Fedor and M1 haven't discussed round 2 of those negotiations back in 2009/10 like they did in 2007. Based on what they offered the P4P Number #1 fighter at the time it was a disgusting deal in 2007.

If Fedor signed with the UFC back in 2007 it would have been good, but what heavyweight could have challenged him back then in the UFC? He already beat Nog/Crocop, Mir hadn't come into his own since he came back from injury, he would have beaten Werdum convincingly and there were Arlovski and Sylvia whom he would go on to beat in Affliction. There was only Randy Couture which is a fight that should have happened but blame the UFC that it didn't. 2007 was the only year I would say OK, Fedor fought seriously outmatched opponents all year that was because the heavyweight class was on a downhill, Fedor had beaten most of the top guys and some of the others were in the UFC but they offered him an awful awful contract first time round lets be honest. He didn't want to be held hostage by the UFC and chose to fight else where. Arlovski/Sylvia/Rogers were decent wins at the time. He then went to Strikeforce which had a better heavyweight division than the UFC did at the time. He also tried to fight Barnett but he got caught roiding again.
                yes I guess in some ways it did work out for Fedor but theres no denying that him beating Couture would have been HUGE on his resume. Even though I think Couture is overrated, all the UFC fanboys think he's the greatest fighter to ever live so that would have been big for Fedor's legacy.

Either way Fedor is the greatest HW of all-time so it doesn't matter as far as that goes. What he did lose out on though is a huge payday with the UFC. He would have made 10x more with the UFC than he did with strikeforce and M1.

Comment

Personally I blame M1 for Fedor not fighting in the UFC. Who the fuuuukkkk is m1 to force a co promotion on the UFC just for one fighter?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I guess Nate was banned for the blasphemous comment in the former post.

Comment

Working...
                    X