Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lara, Gamboa, Solis or Rigo who will do more in the pros?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara, Gamboa, Solis or Rigo who will do more in the pros?

for me i think Rigondeaux will do the most as a pro, and the least? Solis for sure, he is the next Cuban heavy to grossly under-achive. your thoughts?

Rigondeaux and Lara will be the most successful, and Solis the least. Gamboa may be the most exciting to watch though and have the biggest fan following, but he is too flawed to be a dominant force.

Comment

I'll check out Rigondeaux again next week, but I don't know, I've felt a little disappointed watching him so far after all the hype surrounding him. Not to say he's not a good fighter, maybe just not too exciting to me. Gamboa is probably the most exciting but most flawed and Lara probably falls somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Rigondeaux will be the most successful, then Lara. Solis will be the least, and Gamboa will probably be the most exciting and will get more exposure.

Comment

I have this feeling that Rigondeaux and Lara are the real deal, and Gamboa will get crushingly KTFO at some point. I like 'em all, but that's how I see it. At 154, Lara could be an absolute beast. Likewise Rigo at 122.

Comment

I would say Rigondeux but he is older although he does kind of have a style that ages like a fine wine. So I have to pick Lara because he is younger and more physically gifted at this point. it would be between these two though.

Comment

i agree Lara and Rigo are not the most thrilling to watch yet but are super solid, but Lara needs to work on his inside game instead of clinching when his guy is too close after he throws his stright left. Gamboa is the star of the bunch because of his style, he fights the exact opposite of the Cuban style we were taught. a true rebel and who knows he could have a hall of fame run, but i dought it. but he is my fav to watch out of the bunch

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
                Lara needs to work on his inside game instead of clinching when his guy is too close after he throws his stright left.
                Plus, he has this habit of really squaring himself up before punching. There's no feints or slipping of the head when he comes in - it's just a straight BOOM-BOOM combo which looks and sounds like it could take off an opponent's head. It's fun to watch at first but, when it doesn't work against slicker fighters, Lara kinda ends up looking lost out there (especially in his previous outing).

He still has plenty of time to learn and improve. That's why I'm so amped about these Cuban guys - they may be older than your usual up-and-coming stars, but they're not even in their prime yet at pro. If they're good now, how fuckin awesome will they be in a few years' time?

Comment

Gamboa looks the most exciting but he is way to reckless.Seems to have corected it.

Rigo and Lara are very good.

Not impressed with Solis.

Comment

Lemme do a run down. Easily my favorite is Rigondeaux cause he doesnt waste his punch and is precise to the T. So I know for sure he will he going far. Lara is almost complete to me, he fights more like the traditional boxer. Gamboa is obviously the most exciting boxer to watch cause he fights likes he respects nobodies power. Last but not least Solis, He is too wreckless with his weight but I believe he has to have talent from beating Felix Savon and that 7 foot guy from detroit.

Comment

Working...
                    X