• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the early odds on Jacobs/GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Here's the early odds on Jacobs/GGG.

Yeah not too excited about this fight. Jacobs isn't a better boxer nor is strong enough to last 12 or get the decision even if he does. I just don't see how Jacobs win.

I'll probably buy the ppv to support boxing though... I want to see ggg get tested soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by cork View Post
        Yeah not too excited about this fight. Jacobs isn't a better boxer nor is strong enough to last 12 or get the decision even if he does. I just don't see how Jacobs win.

I'll probably buy the ppv to support boxing though... I want to see ggg get tested soon.
        Golovkin's fundamentals, durability, and power should be too much, but Jacob does possess the speed, reach, skill, and power that he could possibly stun GGG. If Gennady gets careless going in for the kill, Jacobs could also hurt him there.

Danny lacks the durability of Lemieux or Stevens, but their limited footwork allowed Golovkin to safely control and break them down with his jab. With Jacobs' speed, reach, and footwork, I'm not sure that'll be as safe an option. I see this fight having more fireworks than any of GGG's previous fights. Then again, Danny could go out like Rubio....

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Golovkin's fundamentals, durability, and power should be too much, but Jacob does possess the speed, reach, skill, and power that he could possibly stun GGG. If Gennady gets careless going in for the kill, Jacobs could also hurt him there.

Danny lacks the durability of Lemieux or Stevens, but their limited footwork allowed Golovkin to safely control and break them down with his jab. With Jacobs' speed, reach, and footwork, I'm not sure that'll be as safe an option. I see this fight having more fireworks than any of GGG's previous fights. Then again, Danny could go out like Rubio....
          I just don't see it. Monroe had longer reach and suppose to be slick but ggg caught him easily enough that be had to change his whole approach to the fight and I don't think Danny move better than Monroe.

Only way I see Jacobs winning is he land something big and it buzz ggg but he won't go down and Jacobs throws an onslaught that would force the ref to stop the fight. It feels like one of those hail Mary punches that Jacobs need to land to win.

Comment

• so, Golovkin fans finally have a reason to be positive

I wonder if that will stop them from disrespecting Ward, Canelo, Lara, Mayweather, Hopkins, Saunders, and every other fighter who has the audacity to even mention Golovkin.....

Comment

• I think I got Jacobs by KO.

Golovkin doesn't move his head and gets hit too much.

It's not true that he gets hit on purpose.

Hell, he was getting lit up in spots by Kell Brooks.

Brooks is a good boxer who, while undersized in their fight, probably had a good edge in speed.

Jacobs is a KO artist, and he's likely going to test Golovkin's chin.

I like Golovkin and think he's a bit of a phenom in some ways, but I could see Jacobs upsetting the apple cart here.

Comment

• GGG is clearly the superior boxer, but he does tend to leave himself there to get hit, and Jacobs can definitely crack. We've never quite seen Golovkin's chin tested by someone with the firepower like Jacobs, I suppose that alone is a reason to be interested in this one. Still would obviously pick GGG, and I'm pretty sure he's a heavy favorite, but this is the first fight where I legitimately believe his opponent has a sliver of hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                  I think I got Jacobs by KO.

Brooks is a good boxer who, while undersized in their fight, probably had a good edge in speed.

I like Golovkin and think he's a bit of a phenom in some ways, but I could see Jacobs upsetting the apple cart here.
                  https://youtu.be/cWpWflQntpg

Comment

• People talking about Golovkin's head movement but he dude maintains good distance from getting hit. He's gonna frustrate Jacobs and hit him with punches he won't see coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      I think I got Jacobs by KO.

He gauges how much defense he uses according to his opponent.
                      Lemieux and Stevens, there was extreme caution throughout the fight. Then Brooke, Monroe and Wade, he was just going punch happy and throwing whatever

Comment

Working...
                      X