No announcement yet.

LET'S SCORE: Sven Ottke vs. Thomas Tate I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LET'S SCORE: Sven Ottke vs. Thomas Tate I

Anybody care to score this fight with me? Officially Sven Ottke won a technical decision; 97-93, 97-93 and 96-94.

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
    Anybody care to score this fight with me? Officially Sven Ottke won a technical decision; 97-93, 97-93 and 96-94.

Will join you again pal

Comment

Good showing from Ottke he won 8-2 or 7-3 ,he was schooling him at Times ,Tate had only Jab and litte success with it ,Ottke show good defens and was stealing raunds with combos,2nd fight you posted with almost only jabing opponet ,Brewer let right hand going a lot more doe,Tate fought bad here .

Comment

how about we score that ottke-reid fight fellas?

Comment

Round 1 10-9 Tate
          Clear Tate round; he started faster, threw/landed a lot more including a decent right hand. 10-9 Tate.

Round 2 10-9 Ottke
          Ottke’s defence a lot better this round, also timing the counters impressively. 19-19 even.

Round 3 10-9 Ottke
          Pretty close round, Ottke making Tate miss a lot. More impressed overall with Ottke’s work. 29-28 Ottke.

Round 4 10-9 Ottke
          More of the same. Ottke pushing Tate onto the back foot in spells. Tate needs a change of gameplan. 39-37 Ottke.

Round 5 10-9 Ottke
          Tate upped his workrate and had some success with looping overhands, but he’s starting to look one-dimensional. Ottke outboxing him. 49-46 Ottke.

Round 6 10-9 Tate
          Ottke more open in this round while windmilling his punches but Tate failing to make him pay. Close round. 58-56 Ottke.

Round 7 10-9 Ottke
          Close round, most entertaining of the fight. Tate warned for a perfectly legal bodyshot, Ottke landed his best rights of the fight. 68-65 Ottke.

Round 8 10-9 Ottke
          Hard to split them this round, just find myself leaning towards Ottke’s cleaner counterpunching. Tate missing a lot. 78-74 Ottke.

Round 9 10-9 Tate
          Ottke looking to slow the pace, Tate coming on strong. Both landed some eyecatching punches this round. Didn’t see how the cut happened? 87-84 Ottke.

Round 10 10-9 Tate
          Hard round to score. Tate looking to press the action and the eye looks to be affecting Ottke. Ottke toughing it out. 96-94 Ottke.

Overall Thoughts
          Very competitive fight. Sven Ottke was working towards a close but clear points win if the cut hadn’t happened. Ottke appears to lack power, however I can’t help but be impressed with his defence and counterpunching. Thomas Tate was still in the fight. He allowed Ottke to take a lot of the early rounds which ultimately cost him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
            how about we score that ottke-reid fight fellas?
            That will be coming in due course! Looking to do these things in chronological order.

So far:
            Canelo and GGG has it 98-92 or 97-93 Ottke
            Scholar has it 96-94 Ottke

Comment

That will be coming in due course! Looking to do these things in chronological order.

So far:
              Canelo and GGG has it 98-92 or 97-93 Ottke
              Scholar has it 96-94 Ottke
              The only diffrence in our scoring is that i gave 9th to Ottke ,good defens from him indeed

Comment

Working...
              X