Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here own a fitness tracking watch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Really? I've run a few half marathons myself and I carry my phone on me when I race and use the MapMyRun app, which is always very reliable and accurate. My step counter on my phone always seems to be a little generous with the distance.

You can link the thing to your phone? I like that idea. I'm always missing calls because I too have my phone on vibrate and I never feel it. I just don't like wearing shit on my wrist though.
    Yeah link to your phone, great for a soft vibrate wake up in the morn and for incoming calls.

Also use Runkeeper for runs, million times more accurate, but you can sync heart rate which tells you how hard you were working/what was comfortable etc but you need to pay for an extra app & again not sure how accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
      not actually sure but it seems to be pretty accurate, I'm guessing it measures between heart rate dropping and your body going prone. It seems to be able to tell the difference between "restlessness" and actually waking during the night too. I'll send a screenshot later on. It actually made me realise how bad my night habits are E.g. Phone before bed makes it longer to drop off to sleep
      Yeah I'm bad for that. I'm glued to my tablet most nights and I am always waking up numerous times during the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Yeah I'm bad for that. I'm glued to my tablet most nights and I am always waking up numerous times during the night.
        Yeah it ruined so many days & workouts having crap sleep. Still not getting loads of sleep but I was averaging 5 hrs before

Comment

Yeah it ruined so many days & workouts having crap sleep. Still not getting loads of sleep but I was averaging 5 hrs before

That's quality. So I take it your heart beat rises if you wake up for a piss during the night and that thing would know ?.

Comment

Are these things accurate?

What product is it?

Comment

I saw a piece on a morning news show (Today or something), and they exposed all of the major brands as being pretty inaccurate. The guy had doctors hook him up to EKG etc, monitor his HR, BP, and cals burned while wearing various devices, and they all were way off

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                That's quality. So I take it your heart beat rises if you wake up for a piss during the night and that thing would know ?.
                Ha yeah and it registers movement that is more likely to be walking.

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                Are these things accurate?

What product is it?
                Its the fitbit charge hr. I think it's pretty accurate for sleep, when I wake up feeling like **** it'll show I've had a restless sleep and when I feel good it'll show a deep motionless sleep. Though I guess some people sleep walk or flail about like a muppet so that would throw off your stats.

Whilst I don't think it's very accurate for exercise, the app is pretty cool. You enter your height/weight/age and it calculates a base calorie burning rate, then also adds calories burned via workouts (again not the most accurate) then you can enter calories of the meals you're eating and it automatically subtracts that telling you how many calories left you can eat if you're trying to maintain a certain weight division or calories you need to consume if you want to bulk up.

You can also enter water intake etc too if you're **** enough.

Comment

Fitness trackers are for losers. Get a Rolex and just lose weight like people have been doing for thousands of years.

Comment

Having mixed results with my Fitbit Charge 2 but I don't regret the purchase.

As someone had mentioned, the sleep tracking feature is pretty spot on. I use it all the time to track how many hours I slept and whatnot. It's pretty accurate. In the app it shows all sorts of graphs and statistics if everything it tracks.

I like the 2 minute/5 minute "Relax" breathing session feature too, but I don't use it all too often. I just wanted a device to wear that can track my HR during workouts for a more accurate calorie burned reading, which it appears to have.

It gives you reminders to move if you haven't hit 250 steps within that hour and everything can be edited. I have it set to give me notifications too for texts and phone calls, but it's not a smartwatch so you can't actually talk or reply on the watch itself. I'm also a fan of the silent alarms. I don't like waking up to loud alarms so the vibration alarm on the wrist is better for me.

One annoying feature is the fact that the screen doesn't always turn on when you flip your wrist towards you. It tends to happen a lot when I'm laying down in bed. You have to put your arm far away from you and then flip your wrist for the reading to come up.

I give it a 3.5/5 until I can fix the sync issue with the Fitbit app, then it's a 4/5.
                    Last edited by Sup; 11-12-2016, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Not me personally but I know a few people that have them, and they seem to love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X