Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Curtis Stevens Demolishes Patrick Teixeira in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad Curtis Stevens Won. I live in South Florida so I've been watching his training camp. He trains his ass off. I definitely think he improved working with John David Jackson. I stop by John David Jackson's gym a couple times a week and I can tell you Curtis Stevens works hard

Comment

Originally posted by rob g View Post
      I'm so glad Curtis Stevens Won. I live in South Florida so I've been watching his training camp. He trains his ass off. I definitely think he improved working with John David Jackson. I stop by John David Jackson's gym a couple times a week and I can tell you Curtis Stevens works hard
      I don't doubt it, JDJ wouldn't have it any other way.

Is Kovalev ever around anymore? Or is JDJ going to him in LA?

Comment

I don't know what they're gonna do. Kovalev hasn't been in the gym once. I guess he's still in Cali. With a fight coming up I'd def think either he's coming here soon or JDJ is going there

Comment

I'll see him Wednesday I'm gonna ask what's going on

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
            I'm sure Canelo will ask for 155 with Stevens as well...

Interestingly Lemieux has been critical of Canelo's 155 catch weight demands despite also being promoted by Golden Boy... So I doubt Lemieux is on Canelo's radar regardless of the outcome of Lemieux's fight tonight...

I wonder if Canelo would be willing to fight Billy Joe Saunders for his WBO title at something above 155 pounds ???
            Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            what did stevens do to earn the fight with canelo? if canelo fights stevens next he will look like a huge coward

Forget Stevens! Canelo said he wants GGG at 160!

WAAAAAAAAAR CANELO!!!

Comment

Stevens looked good last night but admittedly I've never seen Teixeira before.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
                Stevens looked good last night but admittedly I've never seen Teixeira before.
                Stevens looked great, and I think he'll continue to improve with JDJ in his corner... BUT, they threw that dude into the fire, man. Lol. He was absolutely not ready for a step up like this, especially someone as heavy handed and explosive as Curtis Stevens.

Why the hell can't Top Rank match their "prospects," this tough- prospects who actually ARE ready to step the **** up and get meaningful fights.

Comment

Working...
                X