Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Joe Calzaghe fight Steve Collins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F•R•K•O View Post
    He wasn't "way past his best", he was out of his depth at cruiser, lost a close decision and then suffered damage to his eye and was stopped. He was still competitive and dangerous. And you know for a fact that Eubank didn't suck, he was a ****ing awesome fighter. Anyone who beats Nigel Benn AND the amazing Michael Watson is pretty damn good.

Against Collins, he only lost a split decision.

Your arguments are terrible. You are just so terrified of giving Joe Calzaghe any credit at all.
    im terrified of calzaghe period. dude has amazing power(thank god he never uses it in his fights that would be murder) and does a fabulous windmill impersonation. he might be the greatest. him or ottke.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      im terrified of calzaghe period. dude has amazing power(thank god he never uses it in his fights that would be murder) and does a fabulous windmill impersonation. he might be the greatest. him or ottke.
      Thank you for proving my point in my previous post.

If we were in the ring together today I would have KO'd you in the first round, then sent you home with your teeth in your pocket. To add insult to injury, you would have only earned 5 bucks and had to take the bus home.

Yours sincerely,

F-R-K-O,

A/K/A First Round KnockOut

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Thank you for proving my point in my previous post.

If we were in the ring together today I would have KO'd you in the first round, then sent you home with your teeth in your pocket. To add insult to injury, you would have only earned 5 bucks and had to take the bus home.

Yours sincerely,

F-R-K-O,

A/K/A First Round KnockOut

why do you want to hurt me? thats it your out of the calzaghe fan club.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          why do you want to hurt me? thats it your out of the calzaghe fan club.
          I just KO'd you to put you out of your misery instead of humiliating you for the whole fight and make you wee-wee yourself.

Goodbye. I have work to do.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

I just KO'd you to put you out of your misery instead of humiliating you for the whole fight and make you wee-wee yourself.

Goodbye. I have work to do.
            showing more power than your idol calzaghe ever had. you still have to work on your windmilling not to mention your simulated **** raping(calzaghes fav part of every fight). go punch air for 3 hours and you will be ready to fight hopkins.

Comment

Collins had a seizure in his training camp and had to pull out of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by S A M U R A I View Post
                It's hard to ignore such blatant ignorance.

Calzaghe at the point when he beat Eubank was still green. Eubank was vastly experienced and had fought top notch competition such as Nigel Benn. At this point in any fighter's career, most don't have someone of Eubank's caliber on their resume. It was a terrific win for a young Joe Calzaghe, who at this point had annihilated everyone put in front of him. It was Joe's first 12 round fight, seeing as he'd blown everyone out of the water in a couple of rounds. A HUGE test, and he passed with flying colors.

Anyone who can't understand this is a ****ing moron.

Say what you want about Calzaghe, but the fact is he hasn't lost a fight since 1989 or 1990, from amateur to pro, his last 90 fights. That's pretty damn impressive. As an amateur his achievements are virtually unparalleled.
                The Eubank fight was a great win for Joe. He was fighting a legend in his first big fight at 25. And I know that Eubank tried to intimidate him at the presser etc. It was Joe's coming out party. But although it was a great fight, we do have to be fair and look at all of the circumstances involved. Eubank hadn't fought at SMW for 2 years, and he hadn't won at the weight for 3 years. He'd left the division, yet he couldn't turn down the chance of a title fight when it was presented to him. However, up until 11 days out, he was preparing to fight Mark Prince at LHW. Also, he had no southpaw sparring, and he couldn't do his roadwork due to having bad knees. He actually had to have injections just prior to the fight. So hardly ideal preparation. So while Eubank was still a hell of a test with a will of iron, he was faded.

Regarding your comments on Collins in an earlier post, he obviously didn't crap himself and run from Joe. It was a mixture of injuries and a lack of motivation. Collins's only goal in 97 and 99, was to get Roy Jones in the ring. Do you seriously think he was scared of a prospect back then? As great as Joe was, he'd done nothing before he'd fought Eubank.
                Last edited by robertzimmerman; 12-26-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Troll, stop embarrassing yourself. Eubank gave Calzaghe the hardest fight of his entire career, including your beloved Hopkins.

Eubank gave Calzaghe such a brutal fight that Calzaghe was unable to walk in the following days. He had to be carried to the bathroom to take a piss. For ****'s sake.
                  Joe didn't give Eubank his hardest ever fight. That would have been either Benn or Watson when he was in his prime.

Comment

No, Eubank wasn't at all shot. He wasn't old, he was only 31. The only thing with Eubank is he was slightly more cautious of damaging his opponent in the ring after the Watson tragedy, but that doesn't mean he couldn't take Calzaghe through hell and back.

This works both ways. Eubank may have been a little battle-worn, but Calzaghe was young and quite inexperienced as a pro. It balances out. The field is level. Calzaghe also was preparing for a completely different fighter just 11 days before.

If Pavlik had beaten Hopkins, you would have said "Hopkins is old and shot".
                    Eubank was an old 31. He was at the end of a long, hard career with bad knees. He was certainly faded. Look into it.

Yes, Joe was also preparing for a different guy. But again, Eubank went from preparing for an othordox fighter at LHW, to a fast southpaw at SMW, which is a weight he hadn't fought at for 2 years. He had to change his diet, drop the extra weight, and again, he had no southpaw sparring etc. His preparation was far from ideal, and Eubank has said that if he'd still have been with Ronnie Davis, Davis probably would have tried to have talked him out of it.

Comment

In the words of Eubank walking back to his dressing room "now we know why Collins didn't want to fight him. Good fighter"

Comment

Working...
                      X