No announcement yet.

Parasite Eve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parasite Eve

So I just bought a jailbroken PS vita, which is amazing by the way, you can emulate basically every retro console on it from nes,snes,n64,ps1,psp, dreamcast, gamecube, etc, as well as the vita having some pretty stellar games itself. All for free.

So I saw parasite eve, never played it, downloaded it and gave it a try.

First off the graphics are absolute trash.... but something about the presentation and the story hooked me in from the start. It says something about how good this game is when it can make you overlook at forget that you're playing a two decade old game just because it's so good and so engaging and engrossing.

I couldn't put it down. I felt like a little kid again playing final fantasy 7 for the first time, which I thought was the best game ever made. I hindsight , this game is probably better.

Not going to spoil anything, I'm not even that far in myself... but damn... what an amazing game.

You know whats even more impressive? There are moments in this game of extreme tension and I genuinely feel creeped out.

Its ****ing incredible how a 20 year old game can be scarier than the most photorealistic garbage horror games we have now.

Comment

Loved that game when it came out.

And lol @ graphics being terrible. They were incredible at the time lol

I still remember wandering that museum shook lol

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Loved that game when it came out.

And lol @ graphics being terrible. They were incredible at the time lol

I still remember wandering that museum shook lol
        Well they are terrible compared to what we have now

But the mark of a great game is that if you get immersed into it, the graphics start to not matter. After the first 15 minutes of playing this game i completely stopped caring about the graphics. It's a work of art, and a masterpiece of game design.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
          Well they are terrible compared to what we have now

But the mark of a great game is that if you get immersed into it, the graphics start to not matter. After the first 15 minutes of playing this game i completely stopped caring about the graphics. It's a work of art, and a masterpiece of game design.
          Agreed 100%

Every October I play the first four silent hill games. They’re classics front to back. I don’t even notice the graphical limitations. Hell, with the first one it actually makes it more scary haha

Comment

Great game. If theres a game that I wished got the RE 2 Remake treatment, its Parasite Eve 1 & 2..

Comment

Great game. The last PS1 game I finished.

Comment

Funny that you're focused on how old it is. Visuals have come a long way but stories and gameplay don't age like that. People still love pvp fighting games that are 30 years old in design. They're still playing side-scrollers. Don't confuse visuals with fun. A lot of beautiful looking games out now are boring AF because they're lacking in the actual game aspect.

Comment

Brilliant game. The graphics at the time were very good and to me, even now are fine, not great obviously, but good enough. And I agree with Redd Foxx, some games with great graphics are dull and terrible games. I enjoy modern graphics, don't get me wrong, but if the story/gameplay doesn't match, I'll be turning it off quickly. I think some of the games made around the late 90's era are among the best ever. The first 3 Resident evil games, the Silent hill games, the Parasite eve games, and many more. It was the time for me when games moved onto the next level. I played these games as a teen, and it's great to see other people enjoying them still today, despite so much time having past and technology moving onto a whole other level since. I also prefer old black and white movies to current one's because they were generally a lot better.

Comment

I never finished it, but got it used not long after it first game out. Never finished it, but definitely will someday when I can get myself another Playstation console. I think I might still even have the strategy guide. Wasn't there even some RPG turn based battles in the boss fights?

Comment

Working...
                    X