Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez On Missing Weight: I Was Dry As A Bone, Nothing Else I Could Do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
    Smh SHO needs to provide these guys with the basic necessities fighters get to have or don’t have the fights at mohegan sun.. to have one hr a day access of the gym, and no sauna is ridiculous. These are typical measures that boxers use in order to cut weight.
    UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal made a huge weight in under a week stuck in a hotel on short notice. No excuses for David.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone27 View Post
      Benavidez shouldn't lose his title because this is an optional defense. He deserves a chance to make weight when he fights his mandatory
      ... "an optional defense" is actually a "defense", no matter what -- the opponent may land a lucky punch or whatever...

Comment

Very disappointing, but I'll take his word about trying hard to make weight and not jump to a conclusion that being undisciplined lead to this. He's still young and guys still grow till about 25 years old, sometimes as you age and grow your body hits a limit and you can't do anything about it, I think his body is telling him no more, it's time to move up.

Comment

His body said, "No mas!" Benavidez is a big kid who much too big for 168, and in a few years he will be too big for light heavyweight. A fight between him and Bivol, once crowds are allowed, would be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal made a huge weight in under a week stuck in a hotel on short notice. No excuses for David.
            Mentioned this in another thread , and he flew from the states to Abu Dhabi so you know his internal clock was all *****ed and he still cut 20 lbs in 6 days..

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... "an optional defense" is actually a "defense", no matter what -- the opponent may land a lucky punch or whatever...
              I understand that it's still a title defense but Angulo never would've gotten a title shot if Benavidez didn't select him as an opponent so I don't think the belt should still be on the line for him.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                That's a lot of hair you got there...

But seriously - for those that actually DO box. There are supplements that basically act like super laxatives. Are those flagged in drug testing?
                Yes. Diuretics are banned. Kinda dumb actually, I don’t see how laxatives are “performance enhancing drugs”. But whatever I don’t make the rules

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                  Yes. Diuretics are banned. Kinda dumb actually, I don’t see how laxatives are “performance enhancing drugs”. But whatever I don’t make the rules
                  They're not actually laxatives, they just act like it. Senna, for example.

Comment

Now benavidez has to go to 175 where the only opponent anyone will care about will be him vs beterbiev. He loses out on all of big matches that could've happened at 168. The wbc will now have the opportunity to take their newly vacant title and make something lame like Canelo vs Lemuiex for the belt.

Comment

he doesn't seem like he is taking responsibility here.

Comment

Working...
                      X