At 130 and 135 is Chavez the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 130 and 135 is Chavez the GOAT?

130 for sure.

yes at 130 , no at 135 Duran is number 1.!

Comment

130 isn't really that old but I think Alexis Arguello would be considered the best in history at that weight class. Smashed Escalera twice, Limon, Castillo and of course Chacon. Nobody matches that at 130. Chavez would perhaps be #2 but you've got to remember the LaPorte and Lockrdige fights were razor thin decisions.

135 Chavez isn't in the discussion because it was just a pit stop for him but he'd have been hell for any Lightweight in history.

Comment

Julio would be a top ten super feather, not the no. 1!

Ray

Comment

At 135 I have Duran as my number one. Then there is Benny Leonard, Ike Williams, Tony Canzoneri, and Carlos Ortiz.

Comment

............Nah

Comment

At 130 its either Floyd or Arguello

At 135 its either Duran, Whitaker, or Benny Leonard

Comment

He was great. Their is no such thing as for sure when it comes to all time greats and who was best. They can never fight each other so it comes down to personal opinion and not fact. To you Chavez was the greatest ever. To many others he was great but not the greatest. Nobody can prove anybody was really the greatest. I loved Chavez and he was great. I think Jose Napoles, Duran and possibly Carlos Ortiz, Mayweather and Pacquiao would beat him at 135. They can only fight in fantasy fights. Nobody can ever really prove their man was the greatest.

Comment

Napoles is always ranked as a welterweight because he won his world title at that weight. His natural fighting weight was really 135 and he was once ranked number 1 at 130 pounds and later ranked number 1 at 135 pounds. Both Ortiz and Laguna turned down big money offers to fight him and fought other guys for less money when they were lightweight champions. He was forced to go after the welterweight title instead but he was a lightweight and maybe the best one ever in my opinion.

Comment

In my limited opinion, I'd have Floyd at 130 & Duran at 135.

Comment

Working...
                    X