Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are grown men fans of other grown men?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KillaMane26 why are you so obsessed with spencer?

BoxingIsGreat why are you so obsessed with stank davis?

This thread seems the perfect place to explain your man crushes

Comment

FANDOM is a subculture composed of fans, characterized by feelings of camaraderie and insight with others who share a common interest.

Is this what motivates us to serve as mouthpieces and walking billboards for multi-millionaire athletes and entertainers, then engage in heated discussions about which one is better or worse ? Or is it something more ?

The psychology behind fandom doesn't necessarily change a whole lot from childhood to adulthood. We think it's okay for a child, but not for a grown man ??? Sure we mature and we build lives that consume much more of our time and energy. But whatever made you a fan of something as a child, is probably the same reason you are a fan as an adult. Your Fandom may have evolved in different ways, but the psychology behind it is pretty much the same, IMO….

Comment

Passive hobbies are boring. Passive hobbies waste time. Passive hobbies inspire less emotion. Therefor, engaging in every hobby passively makes life boring and worthless. That's why fans go all in on sports. Dressing like mascots, playing fantasy football, etc. Boxing isn't a team sport, so to go all in on boxing usually means attaching yourself to the fighters. A casual fan won't understand the level of excitement hardcore AJ fans and Wilder fans are gonna have when the two finally fight. Sure, they can enjoy the fight, but they're not gonna experience the level of pride or disappointment fanboys will. Going all in on a fighter makes their victories that much sweeter, because when they when, their fanboys win. Such is the mind of a fanboy.

Comment

I admire the fighting skills of grown men and I have ever since I discovered boxing as a kid. I have never been ashamed of that. If someone is the best at something you love why shouldn't you admire their skill. I loved boxing myself but could never be even close to as good as the boxers I am a fan of. I can only dream of being that good. I only like the combat sports but I guess if I loved to play basketball or tennis or some other sport I would admire the grown men who were the best at that sport. Pro sports is gigantic in America because grown people admire the skills of other grown people. It's a human trait and you must have it too or you wouldn't be own here talking about boxers. I pick my favorite boxer and am happy when they win and sad when they lose just like a football fan is glad or sad depending on how his team does. As for disliking or hating boxers I don't often feel that way but the ones I really dislike seem like ass holes who I would not like if I knew them personally.

Comment

You can be interested in a particular sportsman and follow his career without being a fan or fanboy, the latter two tend to go further and get personal. There is a lot of the latter here, the saddest/worst become so involved that everything relates to their man and no one else matters. Worse still they miss out on the bits and pieces of the sport in general like in boxing learning the basics and then the many variations and styles. With that knowledge you can look at fights as much more than just if their man won or lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
              Why are you laughing? Your exactly what hes talking about lmfao
              Nope! I don't Worship A Single Fighter like that I'm a fan of the sport In General and I can be more than FAIR when it comes to discussing boxing compared to Groupies who defend their guys no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
                KillaMane26 why are you so obsessed with spencer?

BoxingIsGreat why are you so obsessed with stank davis?

This thread seems the perfect place to explain your man crushes

Ok, I'll explain.

One thing first: Don't quote me EVER if you'll not call Gervonta Davis (or other boxers) by his proper name or boxing name. Give respect to get some.

It's not a mancrush. It's called being a true fan. None of those fake neutrality stuff. I have my favorites. Always stay respectful.

Bro, please keep your gay fantasies to yourself. I don't roll that way. Talk to me like a straight man (if you are one). Why are you so pissed off at me and obsessed? It's not that serious.

Go talk about your favorite fighter? Make a thread. I don't even make threads about Davis. I have a life. I love NSB tho. Here everyday after work.

Now more shit:

I like Davis a lot based on what he does in the ring. I'm also a hardcore boxing fan. I have many favorites: Usyk, Crawford, Spence, Lubin, Katie Taylor, Claressa Shields, Estrada, Inoue, Canelo, and more. I used to be a big Loma fan before people like you pissed me off.

I don't know much about Gervonta Davis outside the ring, but he's a wiz in the ring. I see a lot of potential. He's a special fighter that I want to see succeed and thrive. It's called being a big fan.

How is my talking about him and charging him energetically a bad thing? You can love someone or even adopt them without having sexual feelings about them. Why are you so dense?

He's doing everything I've asked him to do here on this board. He must read it. Moving to 135 is one example. Why does it bother you so much that I support him? It's my prerogative. Respect. This is a boxing forum.

Go watch all of his fights, then comeback with criticism of Gervonta's elite boxing skills.

Cheers
                Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 10-18-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

To be completely honest, im a fan of the art of Boxing more than the fighters themselves.

I used to have favorite fighters but after years of being a boxing fan, I no longer have any emotional investment in boxers. It’s only about the sweet science for me so whenever my wife asks me who I think will win, I tell her that I dont give a sht and that I just want to see some good action.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    To be completely honest, im a fan of the art of Boxing more than the fighters themselves.

I used to have favorite fighters but after years of being a boxing fan, I no longer have any emotional investment in boxers. It’s only about the sweet science for me so whenever my wife asks me who I think will win, I tell her that I dont give a sht and that I just want to see some good action.
                    I totally understand that feeling. There are periods that have nothing, where there isn't any emotional investment in fighters, because you can't really relate.

There will always be someone coming along for you to root for. Boxing is about the fighters and what they bring to the table first. Otherwise, boxing doesn't have any juice.

Comment

TS must be bored...........

Comment

Working...
                      X