No announcement yet.

Wilder only weighed 9 lbs more than a prime Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
    Yeah, in fact, Louis was about the same size as an early 90's Holyfield. Louis could indeed compete with SHW's.
    With SHW guys like Joshua, Wilder, Fury?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
      The fight last night is just another piece of evidence that classic heavies can compete with the 240 lb guys. I've been saying this since I started following boxing about 5 years ago.
      Damn, only 5 years? Interesting.

Louis wouldn't have any issue with heavyweights in 2018. People are fools if they think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        Damn, only 5 years? Interesting.

Louis wouldn't have any issue with heavyweights in 2018. People are fools if they think so.
        Yeah I'm a pretty young guy (19 years old). Also, I owe you a huge thank you for motivating me to get back into training. Idk if you remember advising me to give it another shot a month or two ago when I had pretty much quit on myself as far as boxing was concerned. I've been training since late February/early March I think and tonight I just finished up my workout it was fantastic. My speed is awesome, my power is great, I'm a couple lbs above fighting weight so I'm in optimal shape and will have no problems making weight, and my stamina is unbelievable I feel so good. Can't wait until the semester is over so I can start training in the gym again and compete. The goal is 3 fights this summer at least.

Thanks man
        Last edited by Mr.MojoRisin'; 04-16-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'm a pretty young guy (19 years old). Also, I owe you a huge thank you for motivating me to get back into training. Idk if you remember advising me to give it another shot a month or two ago when I had pretty much quit on myself as far as boxing was concerned. I've been training since late February/early March I think and tonight I just finished up my workout it was fantastic. My speed is awesome, my power is great, I'm a couple lbs above fighting weight so I'm in optimal shape and will have no problems making weight, and my stamina is unbelievable I feel so good. Can't wait until the semester is over so I can start training in the gym again and compete. The goal is 3 fights this summer at least.

Thanks man
          Very nice. Don’t stop. Separate yourself from the average people in this world.

Comment

Thanks man
            Only 19 and you scared off Frog... LOLOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Only 19 and you scared off Frog... LOLOLOLOL
              He played himself

Comment

He played himself
                He's back in camp. He's training Steven Segeal style for a comeback. Jean Claude Van Frog.

Comment

you mean only 4 pounds

Comment

Today's drugs are way more sophisticated than whatever Louis's generation was taking. But even so, Louis would dominate the division today.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                      Today's drugs are way more sophisticated than whatever Louis's generation was taking. But even so, Louis would dominate the division today.
                      Go tell these kids that these days. They don't get it. But to be honest, most of the people who don't get it aren't in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X