Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Piece of **** MMA Community Will See Lobov in Coma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg House View Post
    Meh, more likely a 130 lbs boxer will just be nullified by you just clinching and dirty boxing him from there while grabbing him because he is trained to "wait for the referee to separate him" and doesn't know how to get a 200 lbs guy off of him.

But a 130 lbs BJJ Black belt would make you his b1tch and there is no way around it here. There is a reason why BJJ tournaments have "open weight class" tournaments apart from the standard tournaments. It's all about technique. If you don't have it, you just can't win. You will NEVER see an open weight tournament on boxing, that's just ridiculous. Weight is a real factor there.

It looks like you are still living in 1993, the age before UFC 1.
    Here is where skills come to play in a professional world son... Let’s say klitscho or wilder who is a skinny HW goes to ufc (octagon)and fights khabib. In my OPINION (sure some will agree) khabib won’t be able to get his arms around him and throw him around. Even if khabib mounts them all they have to do is hold both his wrist or pull his neck towards them the whole rnd or till the ref stands them back up. One punch is all it’ll take from a HW.
    Now let’s say a heavyweight champ from the ufc comes to the ring and fight Mayweather. I guarantee yo he won’t catch hiim and if theY clincher the ref will just break them and start getting peppered again and so on and so on. If he would fight a Canelo he probably won’t last 12 rnds do to getting fatigued. Boxers can kill someone if it weren’t for gloves. They perfect the art of punching because that’s all they do.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mindgames;19764847]Well if were talking street fighting then grappling isnt the best idea, because at least where i live everyone stabs people. And if youve got some basic grappling skills maybe you could handle another smaller, basci grappler. But if you're talking about a Paulie equivalent in the MMA sense 70lbs wont save you.You wouldn't be pinning hes wrists, youd be trying to find a way to get him off your back. And good grapplers can choke you out without their hands mate, triangles ect are pretty effective. Just like you say a 130lbder could outbox you, a 130lb decent grappler will outgrapple you my man. Theres a good vid of a 140kg wrestler getting handled by an elite wrestler, about 70kg on youtube in a comp. Skills still pay the bills.[/QUOTE

If you’re a 200 lb plus man who can handle himself than you know what you possess against any 130 pounder in the world. If Paulie was 200 lbs and can fight, I’m sure he’ll do well in the octagon even with refs. I’m sure with my OPINION that he can find a way for the ref to stand them back up due to inactivity on the ground because Paulie nullifies all the blows and grabbing due to his size.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxknowledge75 View Post
        Here is where skills come to play in a professional world son... Let’s say klitscho or wilder who is a skinny HW goes to ufc (octagon)and fights khabib. In my OPINION (sure some will agree) khabib won’t be able to get his arms around him and throw him around. Even if khabib mounts them all they have to do is hold both his wrist or pull his neck towards them the whole rnd or till the ref stands them back up. One punch is all it’ll take from a HW.
        Now let’s say a heavyweight champ from the ufc comes to the ring and fight Mayweather. I guarantee yo he won’t catch hiim and if theY clincher the ref will just break them and start getting peppered again and so on and so on. If he would fight a Canelo he probably won’t last 12 rnds do to getting fatigued. Boxers can kill someone if it weren’t for gloves. They perfect the art of punching because that’s all they do.
        You are just a delusional fool. Here you have a hall of famer and former heavyweight champion getting submitted in seconds by a 47 year old veteran like he was nothing.

Honestly, have you been living under a rock all these years? Professional boxers tried beating little Royce Gracie in the 90s and had a lot more wieght than him. He always won easily. Those are facts, not fantasy fights like the ones you are imgining there.

MMA fighters NEED to train jiujitsu, wrestling, muay thai AND Boxing to be succesful at the top. A 130 lbs random boxer would beat you but 135 lbs top mma fighters in UFC wouldn't? Even though they are mostly Muay Thai fighters like Marlon Moraes and strikers like Tj Dillashaw or Coby Garbrandt that use wrestling in a defensive way? They wouldn't beat you? Why? Because you happen to like Boxing and not MMA? lol You don't even know **** about the sport, boy.

These idiots are so dumb. They have this inferiority complex of "my athletes need to be stronger than yours otherwise I picked the wrong sport to follow" LMAO. Pathetic. If you like boxing more than MMA, that's fine. If you like boxing more than MMA because you think a boxer would beat mma fighters in a mma fights or that he is better suited for a "street fight" then you are ******ed.

Comment

Get 'em, Paulie!

MMA douchebag fans are the worst. Most of them have no understanding of boxing and are very disrespectful of it.

There are a few who aren't like that. But in my experience a huge number of them are scum.

Comment

You are just a delusional fool. Here you have a hall of famer and former heavyweight champion getting submitted in seconds by a 47 year old veteran like he was nothing.

Honestly, have you been living under a rock all these years? Professional boxers tried beating little Royce Gracie in the 90s and had a lot more wieght than him. He always won easily. Those are facts, not fantasy fights like the ones you are imgining there.

MMA fighters NEED to train jiujitsu, wrestling, muay thai AND Boxing to be succesful at the top. A 130 lbs random boxer would beat you but 135 lbs top mma fighters in UFC wouldn't? Even though they are mostly Muay Thai fighters like Marlon Moraes and strikers like Tj Dillashaw or Coby Garbrandt that use wrestling in a defensive way? They wouldn't beat you? Why? Because you happen to like Boxing and not MMA? lol You don't even know **** about the sport, boy.

These idiots are so dumb. They have this inferiority complex of "my athletes need to be stronger than yours otherwise I picked the wrong sport to follow" LMAO. Pathetic. If you like boxing more than MMA, that's fine. If you like boxing more than MMA because you think a boxer would beat mma fighters in a mma fights or that he is better suited for a "street fight" then you are ******ed.
            Ahhh let me see? Rousey vs Holmes? And they the same size that’s a fact! My fantasy fights are just hypothetical to prove my point. Don’t get me wrong I like watching mma cause it’s a glorified street fight. But when it comes to professional skills the sweet science is superior where you will never see a fighter with 2 wins out of nowhere beat a champ. Ufc is a coin flip. I’m never surprised when a big name gets beat by a nobody.
            In boxing there are levels in classes. If you don’t belong you get out classed. I’ve seen a rank 10 beat a champ in the ufc though.
            And believe me. If yous 200 lbs and can get down with will and heart and the mentality. Than you now what your advantage are over any 130 lb wrestler in the world, lol.
            I’m done
            You too young to understand son.
            Last edited by Boxknowledge75; 05-22-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              I don’t get it. I haven’t been a Mayweather fan since his comeback, but I was 100% Floyd when he fought Connor (though I didn’t pay for it, and watched it a week later)

Even if guys hate Paulie, this is still boxing vs mma
              For real. You don’t have to be a fan of Paulie or the sh#t he says, but it’s totally boxing vs MMA, you have to side with the boxer if you a real boxing fan.

Sometimes the boxing fan base really shoots itself in the foot.

I kind of agree with Paulie on this one.

MMA fans are real disrespectful to boxing, but it goes both ways. Just look at some of the comments in this very thread.

It’s true though. A lot of MMA fans think boxing’s a joke. They really do think boxers fight with pillows on their fists.

I respect MMA, but I can’t get into it. The standup game is pretty bad, it’s mostly brawling with bad technique. The bad defense I can kind of look past because they’re focused and looking for different things to defend, but they have terrible punch technique for the most part. It can be fun if they stay up the whole round, but once they get on the ground that’s when I lose interest.

I never wrestled or got into ground combat, so I just have no appreciation for it and don’t really know what I’m looking at. Ground game can be super boring too.

What UFC in particular has going for it is that it’s a league that’s highly competitive. They’re matched well and are at the same skill level for the most part. Makes for better fights.

That’s why boxing should have some sort of tier level to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxknowledge75 View Post
                Ahhh let me see? Rousey vs Holmes? And they the same size that’s a fact! My fantasy fights are just hypothetical to prove my point. Don’t get me wrong I like watching mma cause it’s a glorified street fight. But when it comes to professional skills the sweet science is superior where you will never see a fighter with 2 wins out of nowhere beat a champ. Ufc is a coin flip. I’m never surprised when a big name gets beat by a nobody.
                In boxing there are levels in classes. If you don’t belong you get out classed. I’ve seen a rank 10 beat a champ in the ufc though.
                And believe me. If yous 200 lbs and can get down with will and heart and the mentality. Than you now what your advantage are over any 130 lb wrestler in the world, lol.
                I’m done
                You too young to understand son.
                Rousey Vs Holmes? Women MMA? Are you serious? LOL Ronda beat everyone with just Judo and doing armbars. When have you seen anybody do that in male at high level MMA? With only Judo? ****ing armbars in seconds? There are levels to this thing, boy. If you can't see the difference in skill between women MMA and men MMA, then I'm afraid you are just too ignorant to even understand what happens in an MMA fight to appreciate it. And MMA fight is nothing like a "glorified street fight", have you ever been in an actual street fight, kid?

You claimed that boxers would beat UFC fighters on UFC but no boxer have ever done it. Everyone that tried failed. I proved that to you. All you have is your opinion on fantasy fights that will never take place. You are just looking like a fool here trying to impose "the boxing is better than mma" argument like a little kid. As if you had to choose one or the other, so childlish.

Also I've been in this forum 8 years longer than you. i'm probably older than you. I just understand both boxing and MMA while you only understand boxing and are ignorant toward the other. I'm just educating you, son. That's all
                Last edited by Greg House; 05-22-2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

The boxer is gonna beat the mma fighter with boxing rules.

The mma fighter is gonna beat the boxer with mma rules.

There is nothing to discuss here.

Still watching it,I think the weigh in and the fight are gonna be exiting.

Comment

Ok last one,lol. I know I’m winning this. My fantasy fights are hypothetically proving my points. Mma and boxing are like apples and oranges one wii get dominated if one goes to another’s sports but size and strength do matter more in mma. Now let me tell you this. I got handles boy, I would be got damned if a little 130 pounder like you out wrestles me mma skills or not. Again you too young to know this son!. It’s obvious you never got down and just all about watching men in tights hugging. Bet you gonna say you 200 lbs and will beat me yams, lol. But if you 130 with mma skill, best think again. You don’t know shet about boxing! Or know shet about whipping ass. In my world size is everything! Ask yo momma cause I know you ain’t got no girl. I know a kid talk just like you and he knows i’d Whip his ass. Lol

Comment

Rousey Vs Holmes? Women MMA? Are you serious? LOL Ronda beat everyone with just Judo and doing armbars. When have you seen anybody do that in male at high level MMA? With only Judo? ****ing armbars in seconds? There are levels to this thing, boy. If you can't see the difference in skill between women MMA and men MMA, then I'm afraid you are just too ignorant to even understand what happens in an MMA fight to appreciate it. And MMA fight is nothing like a "glorified street fight", have you ever been in an actual street fight, kid?

You claimed that boxers would beat UFC fighters on UFC but no boxer have ever done it. Everyone that tried failed. I proved that to you. All you have is your opinion on fantasy fights that will never take place. You are just looking like a fool here trying to impose "the boxing is better than mma" argument like a little kid. As if you had to choose one or the other, so childlish.

Also I've been in this forum 8 years longer than you. i'm probably older than you. I just understand both boxing and MMA while you only understand boxing and are ignorant toward the other. I'm just educating you, son. That's all

Ok last one,lol. I know I’m winning this. My fantasy fights are hypothetically proving my points. Mma and boxing are like apples and oranges one wii get dominated if one goes to another’s sports but size and strength do matter more in mma. Now let me tell you this. I got handles boy, I would be got damned if a little 130 pounder like you out wrestles me mma skills or not. Again you too young to know this son!. It’s obvious you never got down and just all about watching men in tights hugging. Bet you gonna say you 200 lbs and will beat me yams, lol. But if you 130 with mma skill, best think again. You don’t know shet about boxing! Or know shet about whipping ass. In my world size is everything! Ask yo momma cause I know you ain’t got no girl. I know a kid talk just like you and he knows i’d Whip his ass. Lol, Now that’s educating.

Comment

Working...
                      X