Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: I Was Beating Spence, But My Eye Went - At 100% I'd Win!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
    I’m playing devils advocate here because I’m in no way medically qualified to base what I’m saying on more than an assumption.
    But maybe the guy has a point, it’s not like breaking your right arm makes you more prone to having your left arm, that’s ridiculous.
    But your eye sockets are inter connected, the skull is a structure of its parts, maybe breaking one caused reverberations that weakened the other but nothing that would be picked up on x ray. Maybe it just compromised the stability of that structure as a whole.
    I concede the possibility that’s the case just off the laws of probability, how many fighters can you reel off the top of your head suffered a broken orbital bone. What about two in two fights, that’s a massive, massive coincidence surely?
    Even if this was the case (which sounds highly unlikely), I'm sure it would've came out soon after the second incident that his left eye was compromised by the right being broken.

No medical professional, not Brook or his team, no other professional boxer ever made this claim. The only time I've heard this is on this site.

I would more likely believe Brook faked a second eye injury because he didn't want to seem like a quitter in back to back fights than I am to believe this claim.

I don't believe he faked it btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
      No medical professional, not Brook or his team, no other professional boxer ever made this claim. The only time I've heard this is on this site.
      End this mufckin thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smash View Post
        eye eye captain kell
        LOL hell yeah...

Comment

• Glass eye socket is trippin. You had your shot and got cracked.besides that you haven’t done anything ever since to deserve a rematch. You should of took the khan fight , it’s a start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            Read a post where a guy says that the eye socket was broken by a headbutt and Brook was winning until that happened. Can someone tell me what round that was? I recall Carl Froch saying he believed Brook swept the early rounds but that Spence took over the fight and had won every round since.
            Brook didn't sweep the early rounds so that kills that lie right there.

Comment

• We
              Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
              Not fair comparison.

Once an eye has been beaten to a pulp, it'll only take a few punches for it to go out again.

Just like how Pac took Margarito's eye. And then Cotto exploited that eye injury in the rematch.

Tripple G already took Brook's eye. Spence didn't need to do any hard work really for Brook's eye to go out again.
              It was the other eye lol. Not the one from the Golovkin fight.

It's amazing how some people will talk about things that they know absolutely nothing about.

Comment

• Bla-bla-bla.
                If mushrooms grew in a mouth we would eat them.
                If grandma had a pneis she would be a grandfa.
                Brook's words are an obvious sign of his degradation as a boxer.

Comment

• Yeah, I got Brook from round 1 over Spence from round 10 lol

Comment

• LMAO

He didnt even get hit in the face when he quit.

Nah, he got the piss beat out of him since the first round. Body shots all fight long.

Brooks hands dropped to protect the body and Spence took over.

Comment

• There's a lot of great fights for Brook (specially in the U.S) at 147 or 154 it's just up to him .. and his eyes.. & don't forget; when the champ; he avoided his #1 challenger (Spence) for 1 year or so, preferring fighting Golovkin; and for two reasons; 1. Khan at that time signed his fight with Canelo; the same day of the news of Khan/Canelo being officialized; Brook goes on twitter (I believe) and say "I will fight Golovkin", and the other reason is he rather being defeated by the dangerous middleweight king then by the dangerous Spence at 147

Comment

Working...
                      X