No announcement yet.

was bernard hopkins a drugs cheat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean lifestyle.
    A guy that goes that far out of his way to eat clean will often have a phobia of anything perceived as unhealthy. Even things like GH ("the fountain of youth") have very negative side effects.

I am no Hopkins fan, but I do think he's clean. I'm 42 and I literally forget about that all the time because people think I'm in my late 20's/early 30's. I used to party a lot but I now eat organic foods, exercise, avoid refined flour and sugar. It doesn't take a whole lot to stay healthy but today's standards for food are so ridiculously bad that most people are consuming garbage and thinking that's "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      how come he seemed to be able to compete in his 40s when noone else could? was it 'clean living and no fast food' or was he having some sort of chemical assistance? Jean Pascal seemed to be more than suspicious of hopkins longevity
      He rejected testing against Pascal. He even left the press conference when Pascal mentioned the subject. Go figure.

Comment

If he was on anything it would be TRT, I think some UFC fighters were allowed to be on TRT with a doctor's approval.

What I always found confusing is that we KNOW test levels drop year over year past 30 something, so why not just allow everyone to use TRT so they have the same levels? Old man needs his test too

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          how come he seemed to be able to compete in his 40s when noone else could? was it 'clean living and no fast food' or was he having some sort of chemical assistance? Jean Pascal seemed to be more than suspicious of hopkins longevity

Not all Steroids hulk you up like it did Marquez. Hopkins was on something that's for sure.

Comment

No just clean living and discipline. Its not like he was KO'ing everyone or had freakish stamina, he just fought smart.

Comment

Another thing worth mentioning, guys who cheat usually have more muscle in areas that tend to lean lose muscle mass like the neck and shoulders. Bhop had a skinny neck and shoulders, and generally looked like an old man as he aged. A fit old man, but an old man none the less.

Comment

Hopkins and jones jr are both steroid users

Comment

did people forget how hopkins was doing push ups mid fight while his prime younger opponent was breathing heavily

Comment

Working...
                  X