Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua is the face of boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali are the faces of boxing.

None of the current or yesteryears fighters come close to their popularity even now when Mike is retired and Ali is dead.

AJ and Canelo might be boxing's biggest stars. But in this day of age it doesn't mean much as boxing isn't very popular worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Nelo is known more & has made more than Aj. Keep wishing though.
      Wishing what?

I'm not an AJ fan. I'm openly supporting Povetkin or Wilder to knock him clean out

According to Forbes (if you trust their accuracy), Canelo's net worth is just $5m more than AJ's, despite being active for much longer. So going by the rate that they're earning, I'd imagine by the end of this year or next year definitely, AJ will have made more. So that's out of the window.

I guess when you consistently sell out 90,000 stadiums and around 1m PPV's regardless of opponent, your net worth shoots up quickly. He is the draw and will surpass Canelo due to Canelo needing other big names to help him draw big numbers, as his drop in numbers proves against lesser names...

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
        Where's Bumsquad on that list? Poor Wilder, no one knows him the poor thing. OOPS! I forgot Big Brown knows who he is
        You know him too....

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          Agreed

Joshau is the biggest star by a mile

By 21 fights he had 4 world
          Titles

He’s got the wbc champ so terrified that he is scared to meet him face to face even when Joshua comes to the USA
          Saul Alvarez is the biggest star by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali are the faces of boxing.

None of the current or yesteryears fighters come close to their popularity even now when Mike is retired and Ali is dead.

AJ and Canelo might be boxing's biggest stars. But in this day of age it doesn't mean much as boxing isn't very popular worldwide.
            Floyd Mayweather Towers over Ali & Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              Wishing what?

I'm not an AJ fan. I'm openly supporting Povetkin or Wilder to knock him clean out

According to Forbes (if you trust their accuracy), Canelo's net worth is just $5m more than AJ's, despite being active for much longer. So going by the rate that they're earning, I'd imagine by the end of this year or next year definitely, AJ will have made more. So that's out of the window.

I guess when you consistently sell out 90,000 stadiums and around 1m PPV's regardless of opponent, your net worth shoots up quickly. He is the draw and will surpass Canelo due to Canelo needing other big names to help him draw big numbers, as his drop in numbers proves against lesser names...
              Aj's stock is dropping fast after asking for then rejecting 50million. Aj is just a fade, here today gone tomorrow cuz he won't last as long as Nelo has.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Aj's stock is dropping fastafter asking for then rejecting 50million. Aj is just a fade, here today gone tomorrow cuz he won't last as long as Nelo has.

Well, i somewhat agree. once AJ loses, he will lose a huge part of his fanbase. Almost all of it..

His next 2 fights alone will do around 190,000 tickets. His stock is the same as ever in the UK but 95% of his fanbase are people that don't care about boxing at all, they just go because it's a popular event. They wouldn't know Wilder or Povetkin from anyone else.
                Wembley won't be sold out in September because Povetkin is fighting. It's selling out because it's an AJ event.

That's not really a good thing for boxing in general though. He's at a point now where he can make 8 figure paydays staying at home and fighting anybody. There's hardly no incentive to go elsewhere or fight guys like Wilder.

That said, Canelo's stock has dropped a fair bit in the last year. even some of his fan's boo'd him after the gift draw. Then the whole dirty test thing. GGG v Canelo will still be a big fight, it always will be, but i'd imagine a lot of interest this time will be to see if GGG gets justice.

Comment

Working...
                X