Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Larry Holmes have against Tommy Morrison?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
    I recall he had said he was the worst heavyweight out there back in the day.. That was far from the truth.. Also, in his fight with Mercer he turned toward the camera and said he was no Morrison.. I'm a huge Larry fan but I often wondered about this..
    I do know that Tommy had a relative who killed a lot of native Americans and was a closet ****sexual...then Tommy himself died of aids. Maybe Larry was speaking out for the minorities of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
      I recall he had said he was the worst heavyweight out there back in the day.. That was far from the truth.. Also, in his fight with Mercer he turned toward the camera and said he was no Morrison.. I'm a huge Larry fan but I often wondered about this..
      He was talking the truth Morrison got destroyed by Mercer and Holmes played with him, in truth, Morrison was not even better than Gerry Cooney, who at least was not a Steroid User and Morrison was

So i can see where he is coming from that win over Foreman was a disgrace he ran like a girl for the whole 12 rounds

Comment

--- You mean like Lar ran against Norton and Cooney?

Good call making them equivalents.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          --- You mean like Lar ran against Norton and Cooney?

Good call making them equivalents.
          He did not run against either have u seen the fights ?

Comment

--- Lar was on the backfoot for 80% of those fights because he was taking punishment.

What grade you in? Need a refresher or correctional lenses?

Comment

IMO Larry Holmes' embitterment came from Gerry Cooney's 10 million dollar purse. It was too much money, too fast and Holmes understood why Cooney got it, because of the color of his skin; I suspect he could see it about to happen again with Morison and it really bothered him.

In fact I think Cooney came close to getting parity with Holmes for the fight.

In Bramble's first title defense against Mancini (II) he was forced to take parity with the white Mancini and it caused Bramble to break off with the Duvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
                IMO Larry Holmes' embitterment came from Gerry Cooney's 10 million dollar purse. It was too much money, too fast and Holmes understood why Cooney got it, because of the color of his skin; I suspect he could see it about to happen again with Morison and it really bothered him.

In fact I think Cooney came close to getting parity with Holmes for the fight.

In Bramble's first title defense against Mancini (II) he was forced to take parity with the white Mancini and it caused Bramble to break off with the Duvas.
                I actually agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                X