My first boxing match preparations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first boxing match preparations

Hello,

My name is Selim, 20 Years old and i am from the Netherlands.I'm training for my first amateur boxing match, which will take place on the 26th of Oktober. I am gonna fight in the 80 kg (170lbs) class. My height is 182 cm (5' 11.7''). From age 14 i did muay thai kickboxing until age 19-20.
    Then i switched to boxing. and practiced it sinds then.

I train 5-6 days a week. My training routine every week is:

- 2 times a week interval running
    - 1 time a week strength training
    - 4 times a week boxing training (sparring, heavybag, shadow boxing,
    mits, etc.)

each training takes like 2 - 3 hours.

I also have a solid-healthy diet. I eat alot of meat, fish, veggies,rice,nuts exc.

I am sparring alot with experienced boxers that also did matches in the past.
    I dont have to much problems with sparring because of my stamina and the kickboxing in the past. I am a distant-fighter. i make alot of use of my reach.

My boxing technique's are good, because of the kickboxing i did in the past, i knew the couple of basics already. but i had to get more used to the style of boxing. thats why i had to make a couple of changes like how: to stand on my toes, different moveset, different style exc.

I feel confident about myself and also for the upcoming match. My trainer says I'm doing pretty well for a beginning amateur boxer.
    My question is:

What are the most important aspects to focus on for a first amateur boxing match? Tips are welcome!

Thanks everybody!

Greetings,
    Selim
    Last edited by BoxingSelim; 10-09-2014, 04:46 PM.

Maybe someone else got some tips for preparing for my first boxing fight?

Comment

Do you know anything about your opponent?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
        Do you know anything about your opponent?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Hey!

Thank you for the reply, it is going to be announced next week who my opponent is. It is still being arranged. My trainer says that i am training to hard, and had a small injury on my shoulder and right tumb and that need to rest for a day or 2. but i feel that i need to train harder! but i also feel confident. Are there any tips maybe. all are welcome!
        Last edited by BoxingSelim; 10-10-2014, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Rest....seriously. That and making sure you provide your body with enough fuel to perform during the match.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
            Rest....seriously. That and making sure you provide your body with enough fuel to perform during the match.
            Thank you for the quick reply firstborn.

i will rest now! i pushed my self to hard these last months, that i did not even think about it. I cant wait for it! i feel very calm...

Comment

More tips are welcome! thanks

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Thanks HtotheZ, i appreciate it alot!

Comment

Maybe someone else got some tips for preparing for my first boxing fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X