No announcement yet.

Do i have a glass jaw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    I'm going to find out either way as i've recently started sparring however i'm yet to take a clean solid shot on my jaw, i've taken a few but none yet that i'd call a great punch clean to my jaw/chin.

The reason i ask is because when i sorta punch my jaw when i have my gloves on(am i a weirdo for doing this or do you all also do this?) like a strong tap to the jaw i can feel the back of my brain kinda shake or not exactly shake but a feeling at the back of my head. Is that normal or will i get knocked the **** out when someone lands a good punch on my jaw?

Do people take punches better after a while or is that something that stays the same. Like a beginner will be able to take a good punch straight away because he has a good chin/jaw or can someone with a good chin/jaw also struggle at the beginning but once he starts sparring regularly can take punches better?

To be clear i'm not saying i'm not taking a good punch as i've said before i'm yet to take a clean shot specifically on my jaw/chin yet but i'm just curious about the feeling at the top of my head/back of brain when i punch myself on my jaw?
    Being a Khan fan I did the same thing before I started sparring.

However, I have taken some serious shots from guys way heavier than me in sparring and fights and it didn't wobble me, although for a split second everything would go white at times and of course the head aches you get after sparring. Again it is the amateurs and guys don't actually settle down on their shots, so you and I may never find out unless it is the pros.

Comment

Working...
    X