Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marijuana and working out..what are the pros and cons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really just depends on the person. I know people who act weird when they smoke; people who can't function and act like idiots.

Smoking can be a very positive thing from my experience. Sometimes I get to the point were I over train and I'm sore and I LITERALLY can't walk. My legs get that sore and smoking helps me train more.

idk what you guys are smoking, indaga or some dirt idk I live in Colorado so I get all the best ****.

Weed motivates me and inspires me to work out and helps keep me thinking positively. I feel like I'm a killer when I'm high it gives me a lot of confidence.

I go through about a 1/2 an 8th in like 2 weeks so I'm not heavy smoking

I played varsity basketball/Varsity wrestling and I wish I had weed back then. Weed is really helping my state of mind for boxing.

I have great stamina and I haven't noticed any stamina issues and I've been smoking for about 2 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
      Pot is not good for cardio workouts.

Smoking reduces lung capacity, its pretty funny seeing pots smokers saying it increases lung capacity...... lay off the pot lolz.
      I can run 5 miles with a double mouthpiece and not have any problems.

I can literally run forever the only thing that would stop me would be that I'm 6 foot 6 and 230 pounds so I have to watch my knees.

Comment

Smoking reduces lung capacity, its pretty funny seeing pots smokers saying it increases lung capacity...... lay off the pot lolz.
        http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well...s-study-finds/

http://m.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2014...-opens-airways

Etc....

Comment

i live it. so maybe, like, try and stop acting like a sanctimonious jack@ss?

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            i live it. so maybe, like, try and stop acting like a sanctimonious jack@ss?
            I was a pot head for 10 years and gave up 5 years ago.

I just cant see how filling your lungs with tar is going to help cardio.

It makes me laugh that you guys are saying that pot is a PED.

Comment

Raven is right

Comment

Originally posted by ElCuchillo View Post
                It really just depends on the person. I know people who act weird when they smoke; people who can't function and act like idiots.

Smoking can be a very positive thing from my experience. Sometimes I get to the point were I over train and I'm sore and I LITERALLY can't walk. My legs get that sore and smoking helps me train more.

idk what you guys are smoking, indaga or some dirt idk I live in Colorado so I get all the best ****.

Weed motivates me and inspires me to work out and helps keep me thinking positively. I feel like I'm a killer when I'm high it gives me a lot of confidence.

I go through about a 1/2 an 8th in like 2 weeks so I'm not heavy smoking

I played varsity basketball/Varsity wrestling and I wish I had weed back then. Weed is really helping my state of mind for boxing.

I have great stamina and I haven't noticed any stamina issues and I've been smoking for about 2 years now.
                half an eighth in 2 weeks is hardly even smoking haha...

Id smoke that to myself in less than a day easily. what do you just get stoned to work out or something? Wtf...

Comment

you kids do you, i'll do me.

i mean, do you two even marathon, bro? don't get at me w/ this absolutist sheit because it don't fit your lifestyle, sons

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post

Id smoke that to myself in less than a day easily. what do you just get stoned to work out or something? Wtf...
                    that's it right there.

on the earth's smoke i've run a sub 5 min mile, completed a 50k on a mountain with a psychotic terrain gradient (top 50) and on the basketball court, my depth perception is on point. it works for some, not for all.

i encourage all to wake up early, take a toke, stretch and hit the black top and get lost in your head while your physical body just becomes a machine under you and its all about just cruise control. see if it works, if not, you tried!

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post

half an 8th a day? just wasteful imo. Yeah I used to go through a 1/4 in about 2 weeks. Then I found out that there is a cap to your high. I just take lil hits, I still get high as hell.

For me I found portion is everything. You don't need a lot of weed to get you high.

If I smoke a half an 1/8 a day I'm going to feel groggy as hell. Just my opinion but you get higher when you give yourself breaks. I don't get any higher if I smoke bowl after bowl after bowl after bowl.

also I was high when I wrote that **** haha, I've recently been applying for jobs/interviewing so I've been cutting back. More realistically for me an 8th every 2 weeks

Comment

Working...
                      X