No announcement yet.

in my opinion Sergio Martinez is not top 5 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Yes but i think if Sergio fights at 154, a weight that would favour Floyd, and beats Flooyd, people will think Sergio deserves to be p4pn2.

But i think he could step up to SMW and fight the frochs of this world and see if he is as good as people say. Because stepping up to Froch should be no problem, because thats what p4p is all about.
    Floyd fought only once in 154, and it was slow and cumbersome

Comment

I have absolutely no issue with someone not ranking Martinez in the Top 5 P4P after this pathetic fight with Darren Barker.

He will still be in my Top 5, personally.

But this fight with Barker is genuinely unacceptable from a Top P4P fighter.

I'm still pretty stunned that's it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
        Understandably his back-up plan is to unify the middleweight division, but his primary goal is to get Mayweather or Pacquiao. I can't blame him at all. It isn't like Pirog and Sturm have great resumes.
        Agreed. You have those that say "Fight Pirog and Sturm", but their resumes aren't much to write home about. First priority for Martinez is to become a house-hold name, that doesn't happen by fighting the likes of Pirog and Sturm. Two guys that have been home-bred for their entire careers. The only time Sturm stepped out of his comfort zone, he lost (got robbed imo). Pirog only has 19 pro fights. Now what does Martinez gain from them? They are irrelevant to the casual boxing fan. It's high-risk low reward. He goes over to Russia and Germany and potentially gets robbed, and they'll be known as the one who finally defeated Maravilla. Also, maybe Martinez has already offered them a fight and just maybe THEY haven't accepted the offer. Do I like the fact that he's fighting Barker? Hell no, but maybe that was the only person who stepped up and was available.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
          Why??? I see the pick of Monzon, and I dont right well, Spanish and I could better explain my thoughts.
          But not problem
          Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

I guess i have a thing for fighters from argentina.

Even stranger, i also cheer for Argentina in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
            Yes he is...he's a great fighter
            GREAT larry? "GREAT"?

please look at his resume prior to 2009 and you tell me if hes a "GREAT" fighter

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I have absolutely no issue with someone not ranking Martinez in the Top 5 P4P after this pathetic fight with Darren Barker.

He will still be in my Top 5, personally.

But this fight with Barker is genuinely unacceptable from a Top P4P fighter.

I'm still pretty stunned that's it's happening.
              Total agree!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by calmdown View Post
                he's a great fighter, wants to fight everyone and definitely deserves top 3
                stop throwing around the word GREAT,.,....he IS NOT a GREAT fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                  Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

I guess i have a thing for fighters from argentina.

Even stranger, i also cheer for Argentina in football.
                  no problem

Comment

Working...
                  X