No announcement yet.

in my opinion Sergio Martinez is not top 5 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
    The guy is 36 and the best P4P boxers are smaller guys and it isn't like Floyd is that much smaller. He deserves a payday and you forgot to mention he absolutely dismantled Dzinzurik who is no slouch. He also beat (I know it was a draw, but he did win) Cintron, although it may not look as good as it was 2.5 years ago.

Williams was also the #4 P4P fighter when he knocked him out early.
    I agree with that Martinez deserves a payday. But if you want to fight the best smaller weight, fight with the best 160, Pirog, Golovkin, Sturm. And if you win, when you put the microphone to be blunt, and not beat around the bush and then get called to fight on youtube.
    To leave no doubt if you they are dodging, and if you do not fight up to fight with Ward, Bute, Froch, Hopkins
    Last edited by nachorjj; 09-27-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
      I agree 100%.

Martinez best win is Williams who was always really, and I mean REALLY just an overrated bum.

He's done nothing to warrant so much hype.
      Did you see his performance against Dzinziruk? Just because he wasn't a big name does not mean he isn't good. He knocked him down 5 times. We're talking about a guy who had never been knocked down once in his amateur or professional career.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
        I agree with that Martinez deserves a payday. But if you want to fight the best smaller weight, fight with the best 160, Pirog, Golovkin, Sturm. And if you win, when you put the microphone to be blunt, and not beat around the bush and then get called to fight on youtube
        Understandably his back-up plan is to unify the middleweight division, but his primary goal is to get Mayweather or Pacquiao. I can't blame him at all. It isn't like Pirog and Sturm have great resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
          Lou DiBella just got him on a pic together with Lisa Ann - if that doesn't bring life into his career I don't know what should - nobody promotes like Dou - this was a masterplan... I can see arena's and interest now sky rocketing for him... I got a feeling dude
          that's true. dibella takes bums like andy lee and peter manfredo and lands them title shots. that's great promoting.

Comment

Understandably his back-up plan is to unify the middleweight division, but his primary goal is to get Mayweather or Pacquiao. I can't blame him at all. It isn't like Pirog and Sturm have great resumes.
            no it's not. his back up plan is to collect million dollar paydays fighting bums. mission accomplished! yeah if he gets a huge 5-10 million fight he will take it but until then enjoy the bum parade folks!

Comment

Pirog and Sturm have not big resume but are better than Barker

Comment

Because he's facing Barker? Dzinzurik wasn't a bum, Pavlik was middlweight champ, Williams was considered a top P4P fighter, and Cintron was no slouch at the tiime especially if you consider that Margarito may have cheated.

Darren Barker may be unheralded, but he isn't terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  that's true. dibella takes bums like andy lee and peter manfredo and lands them title shots. that's great promoting.
                  I see, we see eye to eye on this stuff... it's just to hard dude... I would have given you greeeeeeeeeeeeeen again just for the avatar

I heard through that Sven Ottke maybe makes a comeback against Michalczewski... what a war this is going to be... I mean who wants to see Klitschko-Mormeck... this should be the undercard... Ottke-Michalczewski is going to be an epic war... this is the stuff that German fight fans have been waiting for

Comment

Okay, but is isn't like Barker is washed up or has absolutely no talent.

Comment

You are probably right, but is isn't like Barker is washed up or has absolutely no talent.

Comment

Working...
                      X