X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    idgaf about a history lesson.

Those were totally different breed of player compared to now days. Players like Pogba, Benzema etc etc are great players of their own but they don't have that hard edge to them. That never say die attitude.

You can list as much as you want about how many finals etc etc they've been to. I said it before and I'll say it again. The French national team do not have the stones to win when it counts. When they get punched in the mouth, they never respond like you'd expect.

So you can keep saying they do and I'll keep saying they don't and we both will keep watching them fail when it matters most.
    again you are describing the three lion there buddy. england went 10-0-0 in the ql then got clubbered by freaking iceland at the championship. LOL....

while france manage to reach the final by beating world champ germany. and is not history lesson when they are considered strong team constantly. i expect they atleast reach semis in russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
      in the last 20 years french team made into 4 finals and won 2 major international throphies.

in term of players they already produce 2 top 10 goat in zidane and platini also another several hof and big game players like henry, vieira, makelele, thuram and descailly.

at 2006 wc they were heavy underdog, struggle through-out qualification but several old players made comeback then they punch through spain, brazil and portugal and made it to the final, they only lose through penalty. does this sound like defeatist team to you?

here what defeatist sound like: 2002 england team, filled with stars, easy cruise in wc qualification, heavy fav to win it. then they met brazil in qf they choked and lose.
      England were heavy favourites to win it?. What are you smoking?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        England were heavy favourites to win it?. What are you smoking?.
        you didn't know? or you just try to hide it?? after topping the QL group and raping germany 1-5 in hamburg england was top 3 favs with defending champion france and unstoppable argentine. Brazil the winner dont even made to top 3 fav.

2002 england manage by eriksson were full of stars and elite players. beckham, owen, seaman, scholes, campbell, ferdinand, Fowler, heskey. sheringham and southgate are still there and add to mthat several talented youngsters like joe cole, ashley cole and hargreaves.

the hype was kinda cool down a bit when becks got injured playing la coruna. the one who injure him is argentine(i forgot his name) and media made whole fuss about it, many say the tackle was deliberate since it was argentine and both nation will fight in the same group

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
          you didn't know? or you just try to hide it?? after topping the QL group and raping germany 1-5 in hamburg england was top 3 favs with defending champion france and unstoppable argentine. Brazil the winner dont even made to top 3 fav.

2002 england manage by eriksson were full of stars and elite players. beckham, owen, seaman, scholes, campbell, ferdinand, Fowler, heskey. sheringham and southgate are still there and add to mthat several talented youngsters like joe cole, ashley cole and hargreaves.

the hype was kinda cool down a bit when becks got injured playing la coruna. the one who injure him is argentine(i forgot his name) and media made whole fuss about it, many say the tackle was deliberate since it was argentine and both nation will fight in the same group
          England didn't choke against Brazil, that team had Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu, R. Carlos. Hardly a choke losing to that side.

The English team was very good in the most part but it included Danny Mills, Nicky Butt, Trevor Sinclair, shot David Seaman and big Emile. The 2002 team was a worse team than Euro 2004, comfortably.

Lol at your list of elite stars including Fowler who was finished at that point and never produced for England anyway. Heskey was a good partner for Owen but again not an elite player...

England were never heavy favourites to win the tournament.

Where are you from Betman?

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
            I said a while ago in this thread that no matter how bad things get for Arsenal, I can always say "at least we're not Liverpool".

That's being proved again today.
            how's that working out for you?

Comment

• Euro 1996 was the best England team followed by Euro 2004.

England pretty much got jobbed against the hosts Portugal in that one.

I do think a superior coach than Eriksson probably would have got England closer. Capello earlier would have been better. Capello unfortunately got the arse end of the so called Golden Generation now.

Currently it doesn't matter who manages England. England will qualify and go out in the second round in any tournament they qualify for. And with a tough draw they might not even get out of the group stage. Conte would get us to the same stage as Gareth Southgate IMO.

England are basically Switzerland now. Whereas before they were in that third wave of teams behind the big boys and just behind Portugal. Now you can lump us in with Switzerland, Croatia, and Sweden and teams like that. Croatia always flatter to deceive too despite having some lovely players. We don't even have that many really good players. Jack Wilshere should always be an automatic pick for England too regardless of being a crock.

Comment

• Arsenal are a complete and utter joke

Comment

• Arsenal have lost 6 out of 7 league games - is a that right?

Their arse has completely fallen out. A bit like Chelsea last season.

They'll still finish 4th.

Comment

• Arsenal fans and players alike are a complete and utter disgrace for the way they've treated Wenger, the players have stopped playing for him.

I look forward to their freefall down the table once he goes.

Anyone see Ox on the corner for Dawsons second goal? What a little ****. In an ideal world the rat gets the sack for that, but Wenger will get the blame whilst that **** gets a pay rise in his next contract.

Comment

• I hope Wenger stays for another decade.

Comment

Working...
                      X