Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Chavez jr: Good fight or bad fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    I've seen it live with the sound off. Murray still got outboxed.he did good towards the end
    He was dropped twice (second ruled a slip) and on lots of people's cards Murray got the win.

If it was a prime sexy Serge however, it would've been a very different story.

Comment

Jr was beaten by Vera, but won by robbery. Terrible fight, much worse than Brook

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
      It's the first guy he's fought whos chin will hold up and is physically stronger than him. That's interesting enough for me to watch.
      I'm guessing you missed the Fonfora beat down? Fonfora is not even a big puncher btw

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
        Golovkin is just much more skilled than Chavez. It is a mismatch.

A couple of years ago I would've loved this fight, only to see if Golovkin could knock out Chavez and crack his seemingly amazing chin.

But now that Chavez has been knocked out already, I no longer have any intrigue.

I want to see Golovkin against Jacobs, Canelo, DeGale, Ramirez instead.
        A lot of fighters are much more skilled lol. Grooves and anyone at 168 are much more skilled. It's not really that GGG is much more skilled, Jr is just not that good

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I'm guessing you missed the Fonfora beat down? Fonfora is not even a big puncher btw
          Fonfara has ok power at light heavy, Golovkin has good power at middleweight. Who knows how his power would carry up to super middle let alone light heavy. That's one of the (very few) question marks on the fight.

Comment

I don't agree that GGG is all about the money. Of course he cares about money. All pro boxers do. They are professional fighters and that's how they make their living. GGG wants to completely unify 160 and has never turned down a fight that would help him achieve his goal. That's what all good champions should try to do but most of them don't even try to do what GGG is doing. They play it safe and settle for a quarter share of the title instead of trying to be the undisputed champion of their weight class. There are some exceptions like Thurman who really wants all the belts just like GGG. As for a fight between GGG and Chavez I am half way between thinking it would be a decent fight and thinking it would be a terrible fight. I ended up voting it would be a terrible fight unless someone liked a very one sided fight. I think GGG is so superior on both offense and defense that he would beat the hell out of Chavez every single round and probable stop him. It would be a totally one side fight with never a doubt who the winner would be.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sterling Archer;17272255]he would be the most notable opponent in GGG's resume....

sigh...
              smdh....

Lemieux was a world champion when GGG KOed him and I think that makes Lemieux a better win than a win over loser-quitter Chavez would be.

Comment

It's not a good fight, but it's not a bad fight for all the wrong reasons namely money for both guys and exposure for GGG.

Comment

Fonfara's leftovers? No thanks.

Comment

i wouldnt say its a joke match up or anything like that, but it wouldnt do much for golovkins cv, cause sergio martinez did a number on chavez as the smaller guy. Cant say i'd be mega hyped for the fight though, but then again there doesnt seem to be many other fighters who are too interested in fighting golovkin.

Comment

writing this without having seen Chavez's most recent fight

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      We all know golovkin only cares about the money, i wouldnt be surprised if he now goes up to face chavez like he wanted to before. Do you like this fight?
                      Chavez Jr was born with the gift of having his dad's chin and Golovkin is nowhere near the bomber that folks want to hype him up as being.

You add that Golovkin "let's himself get hit" and you could end up with a half-way decent fight, of course assuming that the fight is at the full 168lbs (I doubt that Chavez Jr could even get down to 166/165 without being physically compromised).

Comment

Working...
                      X