Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
    Cotto is a HoF.

Three division champ

He won the Clottey fight, not only on the scorecards but mentally. After the clash of heads that left him with one eye he could have said "screw this Im going home", but continued the fight and won by a point.

Mosley wasnt "way" past prime, by the time he faced Cotto his only losses where to Forrest and Winky. He was "way" past prime 3 years later when he fought Floyd. Caught Mayweather with a great punch but couldnt finish him in the second round.

His loss against Plasterito he avenged, and his other two losses where two probable ATG's. In both fights he was competitive.

Cotto is just one of those overall solid guys. A fighter tuned boxer who could switch stances to adjust and complicate a fight. His best weapon was his timing.

Not an ATG right now, but definetely a hall of famer.
    Losing 10 rounds and getting beat the crap out of = competitive?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      2 1/2 and 3 1/2 years before Mayweather and Pacquiao fought him. You use Mosley as one of his good fights but say pointing out that he should have lost adds nothing to peoples arguments? Cotto is nowhere near the level of Manny and Martinez, Pacquiao humiliated him ffs.
      Wow, you would put Martinez at Pacquiao's level? The only reason I see Martinez beating Cotto is because he's the bigger fighter. Cotto fought Pacquiao at a catchweight. If the fight is on Cotto's terms its a different fight altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Losing 10 rounds and getting beat the crap out of = competitive?
        Busting up Floyds nose and Pacquiao's face and ears= competitive.
        Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 11-25-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Cotto is a Hall of famer for sure. The only reason he gets a bad rep is because he's not the friendliest guy.

Only losses: margarito (everyone knows that story), PAC (another story) and Floyd.

2 of his losses were to potentially all time greats so in that case how is he not an elite fighter?

When he beats trout I want to see people give him his respect again bc there are way too many haters

Comment

Anyone who calls Cotto a 'bum" doesn't follow boxing. Most boxers can only hope to be half as good as he is and accomplish a quarter of what he has in his career.

Comment

Wow, you would put Martinez at Pacquiao's level? The only reason I see Martinez beating Cotto is because he's the bigger fighter. Cotto fought Pacquiao at a catchweight. If the fight is on Cotto's terms its a different fight altogether.
              lol

Cotto OFFERED the catch weight because pac was moving up a weight class again. It was on his terms.

Cotto got the ****e beat out of him, not competitive, yes mosley was shot when he fought cotto, a couple of years back he was past his prime, but by time of cotto he was shot.

Against floyd and pack, he won one round in 24 with a lucky punch, rest of the time was either getting punched in the face or running. gassed out 3 rounds of each fight, far worse than being shot.

Cotto went life and death with mosley and clottey, both fights he lost. He is not elite, he is not a level. He is an undisciplined fighter at B level. For example, at 147 his proper weight class, fights vs guys like berto, ortiz and guerrero would be 50-50.

I really think we should wait until after his next fight, he would get his ass kicked by martinez and saul. He may even lose next week

Comment

Martinez breaks Cotto to pieces at 154 or 160.......he maximizes his strengths unlike a lot of other boxers. Cotto would be a punching bag after the 5th round.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanRakan View Post
                  Cotto is a Hall of famer for sure. The only reason he gets a bad rep is because he's not the friendliest guy.

Only losses: margarito (everyone knows that story), PAC (another story) and Floyd.

2 of his losses were to potentially all time greats so in that case how is he not an elite fighter?

When he beats trout I want to see people give him his respect again bc there are way too many haters
                  have to disagree there. he has fought some of the best, but he didnt win! he also hasnt taken a title of anybody except foreman?! too many vacant titles in there. you have to do a bit more than beat judah and mosley in my opinion, and the mosley fight could have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    lol

Cotto OFFERED the catch weight because pac was moving up a weight class again. It was on his terms.

Cotto got the ****e beat out of him, not competitive, yes mosley was shot when he fought cotto, a couple of years back he was past his prime, but by time of cotto he was shot.

Against floyd and pack, he won one round in 24 with a lucky punch, rest of the time was either getting punched in the face or running. gassed out 3 rounds of each fight, far worse than being shot.

Cotto went life and death with mosley and clottey, both fights he lost. He is not elite, he is not a level. He is an undisciplined fighter at B level. For example, at 147 his proper weight class, fights vs guys like berto, ortiz and guerrero would be 50-50.

I really think we should wait until after his next fight, he would get his ass kicked by martinez and saul. He may even lose next week
                    I dont argue with people full of ***** so instead here is a link of Cotto Claiming the catchweight was Pacquiao's idea and was forced to accept by Bob Arum.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cotto-c...0320--box.html

How funny a "shot" Mosley could still beat anyone not named Cotto, including the guy that took Cotto's 0.

Tell me when was Mosley shot? After the mayority loss to the natural 154 pounder Winky Wright? Or after the 5 wins he put together before facing Cotto?

Comment

Busting up Floyds nose and Pacquiao's face and ears= competitive.
                      I'd say Miguel was competitive against Floyd, but he got pummeled by Manny. It got scary just before the stoppage.

Cotto isn't an ATG, but he'll probably make the HOF. Miguel is a warrior who beat a lot of quality fighters and whose only undisputed losses were to the very best. (I don't know if Margarito cheated, but that outcome will forever be in question.)

Cotto is one of the most hated guys on these boards, so he's knocked at every turn. The moment I hear the word "bum", or anything like it, to describe Miguel, I lose regard for whatever else the poster has to say about him. Hate the man if you will, but at least be objective about him as a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X