Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelo moves up and fights WBA champ Fielding:Cherrypck GGG fights Vanes: "Goodfight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimmyValmer View Post
    More hypocrisy on the daily.

So let's put this in perspective.

GGG refuses Andrade as replacement for Canelo and fights Martirosyan instead.

A version of Vanes Martirosyan that was almost on a 1 year plus layoff. And never fought in 160 before. GGG Knocks him out and NSB says it's a good win. Demetrius Andrade defeateda fresher version of prime Martirosyan years prior.

GGG and his former trainer DisAbled Sanchez verbally DUCKS Jermall Charlo on interviews saying "He's nothing". NSB says GGG wants Canelo nstead (despite not having earned it) and got exposed by Derevy a fight earlier.

Now, allegedly, GGG wants to fight either some bum named Szemereta(!) or Ryota Murata. Despite Danny being on DAZN's Roster and Demetrius Andrade begging GGG to not be a půssy and fight him already.

So, instead of fighting a top MW guy who was THE MOST AVOIDED guy at 160 in Andrade Gennady "GGG" Golovkin wants to fight some unknown european guy, the guy that nobody knows and even heard his name before being linked with GGG.

And you guys are ok with this?

Yes, it's a name. But I thought this is in your top 10 P4P? Why isn't he taking on a challenge?

1) he has been cherry-picking his entire career
    2) he is about to retire... so will not change tactic now

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      Ggg has been doing this his whole career and then his fanboys and media point the finger and say everyone is ducking him and he got used to it... so now that we all know the truth, it makes ggg show his true colors because he is still stuck in the way his career was managed and what was acceptable in the past of not making good fights and point the finger... it’s bs, but himself, his fans, and the media are all ok with it... and that’s why it’s still happening

bingo !

like I told everyone... every fighter EVER, has the final say on their opponent selection

blaming the promoter is for idiot fanboys

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        What's crazy is I would've picked G to beat Andrade and Charlo so it beats the hell out of me why he refused to fight them.

there are at least 3 other fights that Golovkin refused which fall into the same category

WTF?

the low-risk/low-reward ONLY strategy they used... was decided VERY early in Golovkin's career

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Yeah I do

All GGG fans said about rolls fight is that it was a tune up before the Canelo rematch. Szeremeta is a mandatory. I haven't seen anybody say they were good fights. Maybe dramashow praised the rolls fight in a thread once but drama is a fanboy. Other than that I haven't seen a nobody say they were good fights. So yeah show me the posts

that is right.... Golovkin fans KNOW those fights are shlt, but they still make excuses anyway

I think that is the thread question

why... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            All of these fights were not good. Nobody said they were that I remember. I don't get this thread.....

Chollo just explained why...

I think what people mean by saying "Roles and Vanes were seen as good fights", is GGG didn't get a 1/10 of criticism from his fan base for taking those fights as Canelo did for taking 10x harder fights at higher weight classes.

Comment

I think what people mean by saying "Roles and Vanes were seen as good fights", is GGG didn't get a 1/10 of criticism from his fan base for taking those fights as Canelo did for taking 10x harder fights at higher weight classes.
              If that's what they mean then why dont they just come out and say it just like that?

GGG took on Vanes because Canelo failed PED tests. I dont get why people still continue to blame GGG for that when it was CLEARLY Canelos fault.

Anyone who thinks GGG should have fought anyone else before fighting Canelo again is a fool or even worse a bigger fan girl. It wouldn't make any sense from a business or legacy standpoint.

Was Vanes a good fight? Nope. But his fans got to see him fight on the date he said he would instead of not seeing him fight at all.

How about Rolls? Same kind of fight Vanes was. Was it spectacular? Nope. But the Hope's were Canelo 3 would be the next fight but guess what? It didnt happen because Canelo was too afraid to fight anywhere else but Vegas.

And this is GGG at the tail end of his career at 37 and soon to be 38 years old and now every excuse Canelo used to avoid GGG the 3rd time around is now invalid because he thinks he can win decisively this time.

So much for

"Unifying 160"
              "I dont want to fight GGG again. Too easy "
              "I dont want GGG to make money"

Now the narrative changed? I wonder why? Maybe Canelo all saw the same slippage we did in GGG?

Canelo isnt some tough amazing athlete. Hes a business man and everyone who isnt sucking his nuts see it.

Rocky Fielding? Not a good fight. A sham of a fight to say he is another division champion. Kovalev? Also not a good fight. Oh, he moved up to 175 but dude is already built for that weight, added weight clause, and closed as a 4 to 1 favorite.

Rolls
              Vanes
              Fielding
              Kovalev

All garbage fights.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Chollo just explained why...
                Makes more sense when put that way. All I remember is the Vanes and Rolls fights were pointless and everybody seemed to agree they were.

Then again I do remember people trying to brag up the Vanes win because he "beat" Jermell Charlo and Andrade somehow when the super hardcore GGG fans decided to revise history. They don't like people mentioning that the couch potato, pot head, 160 lb version of Vanes isn't the same as the prime 154 lb Vanes.

I think I actually got mad people **** on Vanes. The fight wasn't a good one all things considered but Vanes isn't a bad fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
                  If that's what they mean then why dont they just come out and say it just like that?

GGG took on Vanes because Canelo failed PED tests. I dont get why people still continue to blame GGG for that when it was CLEARLY Canelos fault.

Anyone who thinks GGG should have fought anyone else before fighting Canelo again is a fool or even worse a bigger fan girl. It wouldn't make any sense from a business or legacy standpoint.

Was Vanes a good fight? Nope. But his fans got to see him fight on the date he said he would instead of not seeing him fight at all.

How about Rolls? Same kind of fight Vanes was. Was it spectacular? Nope. But the Hope's were Canelo 3 would be the next fight but guess what? It didnt happen because Canelo was too afraid to fight anywhere else but Vegas.

And this is GGG at the tail end of his career at 37 and soon to be 38 years old and now every excuse Canelo used to avoid GGG the 3rd time around is now invalid because he thinks he can win decisively this time.

So much for

"Unifying 160"
                  "I dont want to fight GGG again. Too easy "
                  "I dont want GGG to make money"

Now the narrative changed? I wonder why? Maybe Canelo all saw the same slippage we did in GGG?

Canelo isnt some tough amazing athlete. Hes a business man and everyone who isnt sucking his nuts see it.

Rocky Fielding? Not a good fight. A sham of a fight to say he is another division champion. Kovalev? Also not a good fight. Oh, he moved up to 175 but dude is already built for that weight, added weight clause, and closed as a 4 to 1 favorite.

Rolls
                  Vanes
                  Fielding
                  Kovalev

All garbage fights.

that is a ridiculous childish excuse bro

FACT: they could have simply fought someone better

FACT: if the roles were reversed, and Golovkin got banned for clen... Canelo would have fought Saunders for undisputed... and nobody will deny that

those guys are cut from a different cloth

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Makes more sense when put that way. All I remember is the Vanes and Rolls fights were pointless and everybody seemed to agree they were.

Then again I do remember people trying to brag up the Vanes win because he "beat" Jermell Charlo and Andrade somehow when the super hardcore GGG fans decided to revise history. They don't like people mentioning that the couch potato, pot head, 160 lb version of Vanes isn't the same as the prime 154 lb Vanes.

I think I actually got mad people **** on Vanes. The fight wasn't a good one all things considered but Vanes isn't a bad fighter.

I shat on him big time

fcuk Vanes

he knew that he was being used a a cherry-pick...

he knew that he had done nothing to deserve that fight...

he knew that he was killing a much better fight...

and he likely knew the result...

I am glad he got KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      GGG fights Steve Rolls: Good fight.

GGG lines up Kamil Szeremeta next: Good fight.

Canelo moves up to 175 lbs to fight Kovalev: Cherrypick.

Its a Cherry pick because Kov was BEYOND SHOT AND IT WAS SHORT NOTICE. Everyone objective knew this...

Not saying GGG isn't cherry picking also ( fight was clearly a tune up since he was waiting for the Canelo rematch).
                      Last edited by strykr619; 03-30-2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X