Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence wants Brook: "cherrypick". Crawford wants Brook: "good fight!" Seems legit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    arum didnt think theyd ever get the ok from al to talka bout a fight...so they ran their mouths to perpetuate the myth that no pbc guys want to fight crawford...then kenny spoke up and they did a complete 180...and the fans excused it by saying "he only wants belts/spence"....it was kind of pathetic tbh
    Yet Crawford has not accepted a fight with (READ: offered whatever the hell they wanted) any of the other 147 belt holders and instead has fought lesser or damaged competition - one of which almost took him the distance on one leg (Benavidez), one was jabbing the hell out of him (Khan) and one two-pieced him, wobbled and dropped him (Kavaliauskas).

Fighting Shawn Porter or Danny - especially Danny, since he's lost to both Porter and Thurman - should be a no-brainer for a guy that says he's the best. Period. And you accept whatever terms they want because you need to prove you're as good as you say before you end up at an age where it becomes an excuse when you lose.

Comment

Only stupid people do that. Doesn’t change the fact that GGG damaged brook.

Still Spence-brook was a good fight. Brook is past prime now. I still think team spence is the one avoidint though. “He’s on the other side of the street BS”

I do believe fight will happen when crawford is 35 has lost a step.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        Only stupid people do that. Doesn’t change the fact that GGG damaged brook.

Still Spence-brook was a good fight. Brook is past prime now. I still think team spence is the one avoidint though. “He’s on the other side of the street BS”

I do believe fight will happen when crawford is 35 has lost a step.
        Spence already said the fight would have happened two years ago if Crawford didn't ask for 50/50 split. Which he doesn't deserve.

Meanwhile, Kenny Porter is STILL waiting on a call. Because if Crawford managed to beat Porter better than Spence did, Spence would have no choice but to fight Crawford on his terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          "he only wants belts/spence"....it was kind of pathetic tbh
          What's even worse that Crawford's next opponent won't be anyone noteworthy and they will simply blame that on PBC or the 'no one wants to fight me' excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            That too.

It is now, but it wasn't back then.

AFTER the fight, people on here called it a cherrypick, Brook was damaged, Spence went after the easy belt, etc.
            Spence fighting brook at the time was not at all a cherry pick people are crazy , Spence was Brooks mandatory. I think the only thing true fans wondered before the fight was is brooks eye gonna hold up . But that's no knock on Spence the man fought the champ he was mando for , I dont how anyone could logically even consider that a cherry pick he was going after a champion who he was mandated to fight .
            Last edited by NORMNEALON; 03-29-2020, 11:15 PM.

Comment

More hypocrisy on the daily.

So let's put this in perspective.

Crawford refuses Danny Garcia's price and instead gives it to Amir Khan.

A version of Khan that was damn near killed by Carnelo, low blows him, and NSB says it's a good win. Despite Danny 'Swift' sparking a fresher version of prime Khan in less rounds years prior.

Crawford verbally DUCKS Shawn Porter on DAZN's stream. NSB says Crawford wants Spence instead (despite not having earned it) regardless of Spence being fresh out of a debilitating car crash.

Now, allegedly, Crawford wants to fight either McGregor(!) or Kell Brook. Despite Danny being the mandatory and Vergil Ortiz Jr. being right behind him.

So, instead of fighting a top PBC guy who was THE guy at 140 before Crawford was, and instead of fighting Vergil Ortiz Jr. who is the current 'eye test' - both of whom would at least be entertaining if nothing else - and instead of fighting another top PBC guy who almost beat Spence...

Terence 'Bud' Crawford wants to fight Spence's leftovers, the guy that has damaged eye sockets from both Spence and Golovkin - or Mayweather's leftovers who has an 0-1 record.

And you guys are ok with this?

Yes, it's a name. But I thought this is your #1 P4P? Why isn't he taking on a challenge?
              I believe that Garcia refused buds offer , then Crawford fought Khan. A meaningless fight . But iam pretty sure Garcia turned down bud no ??
              That version of Khan was not the same version who lost to canelo ( that one was way better ) crawford fought him nearly 3 years after canelo

Iam not a fan of the kell brook fight and I consider myself a crawford fan , but that doesnt mean iam not realistic and am not super disappointed in what's happening with buds career . Its straight up career suicide right now if he doesnt fight a top name NEXT or the fight after next.

As for ortiz he is not ready yet. I doubt they would even fight bud right now .they just went public saying they would be ready for Spence in 2 years. Which logically means they would be ready for bud in the same amount of time.

I dont think crawford is no1 p4p . Top 5 yes , but def not no 1. But hes gonna have a hard time keeping that ranking with me if he doesnt fight someone credible asap . Spence and crawford both need to step up and fight each other after interim fights 110% . I say interim fights because I think Spence needs to fight an easier fight to get his groove back . I wanna see him at his best vs crawford .
              Last edited by NORMNEALON; 03-29-2020, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Spence already said the fight would have happened two years ago if Crawford didn't ask for 50/50 split. Which he doesn't deserve.

Meanwhile, Kenny Porter is STILL waiting on a call. Because if Crawford managed to beat Porter better than Spence did, Spence would have no choice but to fight Crawford on his terms.

Nah all ive been hearing for two years now is “your on the other side of the street bro”.

But I also believe porter has a huge chance of upsetting of crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
                  I believe that Garcia refused buds offer , then Crawford fought Khan. A meaningless fight . But iam pretty sure Garcia turned down bud no ??
                  That version of Khan was not the same version who lost to canelo ( that one was way better ) crawford fought him nearly 3 years after canelo

Iam not a fan of the kell brook fight and I consider myself a crawford fan , but that doesnt mean iam not realistic and am not super disappointed in what's happening with buds career . Its straight up career suicide right now if he doesnt fight a top name NEXT or the fight after next.

As for ortiz he is not ready yet. I doubt they would even fight bud right now .they just went public saying they would be ready for Spence in 2 years. Which logically means they would be ready for bud in the same amount of time.

I dont think crawford is no1 p4p . Top 5 yes , but def not no 1. But hes gonna have a hard time keeping that ranking with me if he doesnt fight someone credible asap . Spence and crawford both need to step up and fight each other after interim fights 110% . I say interim fights because I think Spence needs to fight an easier fight to get his groove back . I wanna see him at his best vs crawford .
                  Garcia asked for millions. Arum/Crawford refused.

They then turned right around and paid Khan those millions.

After the low blow, Arum lost his shirt on the buys.

That is what happened, and it was a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    Nah all ive been hearing for two years now is “your on the other side of the street bro”.

But I also believe porter has a huge chance of upsetting of crawford.
                    Do you know what that means?

It means that Arum / Crawford have to stop trying to dictate terms.

Unless he fights Porter who WILL cross the street, Crawford would have to accept any and everything Spence demands. Just like Floyd had to do against De La Hoya.

That's why it isn't happening. Crawford isn't mentally mature enough to understand what he has to do and why. That's why they're talking about McGregor. They're desperate to up this guy's profile any way that doesn't involve top tier opposition.

It's amazing how his fans like that wool over their eyes. He's smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Do you know what that means?

It means that Arum / Crawford have to stop trying to dictate terms.

Unless he fights Porter who WILL cross the street, Crawford would have to accept any and everything Spence demands. Just like Floyd had to do against De La Hoya.

That's why it isn't happening. Crawford isn't mentally mature enough to understand what he has to do and why. That's why they're talking about McGregor. They're desperate to up this guy's profile any way that doesn't involve top tier opposition.

It's amazing how his fans like that wool over their eyes. He's smoke and mirrors.

Show me some links that they’ve already negotiated if anything at all. Were offers made or what?

No negotiations have taken place between them as far as I know and spence always just say “he’s on the other side of the street” everytime he’s asked about crawford post fight. Instead of calling out crawford, he happy to see danny garcia come up in there.

We heard Floyd say that for 6 years as well to Pacman, “I ain’t working with arum”. But when the time was right working with Arum has never been so easy.

And one thing they have in common is Haymon.
                      We’ve seen this play before.
                      And I’ll put money on it if I can that this fight happens when crawford is 35, and split, whatever terms and working with Arum wouldn’t matter by that time.

I’m not a fan of either guy. And I’ll damn root for porter if ever he fights crawford.

Comment

Working...
                      X