No announcement yet.

Boxing break could result in stronger cards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing break could result in stronger cards

With everyone sitting on the sideline for the time being, you have to imagine every boxer will be itching to jump back in the ring when the virus passes.
    When that happens are bigger names going to let their fights get pushed back for the sake of spreading fights out evenly through out the year? Will we see a bunch of stacked cards? I’m thinking a bit of both and we will see stronger cards than usual

I want to agree with you, and I understand ur logic. There’s going to be a plethora of fighters looking to get their careers going again. Adding sum strong undercards to try and jumpstart things, get the fans impressed and excited. I just don’t think the fans ever come first. The days of multiple stars on a card are long gone. Watch us over pay because they know we’ve been missing it for so long so we will take anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
      I want to agree with you, and I understand ur logic. There’s going to be a plethora of fighters looking to get their careers going again. Adding sum strong undercards to try and jumpstart things, get the fans impressed and excited. I just don’t think the fans ever come first. The days of multiple stars on a card are long gone. Watch us over pay because they know we’ve been missing it for so long so we will take anything.
      Fights will be backed up once corona is gone. We are either going to get stronger cards or more cards. It’s not going to be like it was when it first comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
        Fights will be backed up once corona is gone. We are either going to get stronger cards or more cards. It’s not going to be like it was when it first comes back.
        Everyone going to be in wicked shape or fighting a weight class above normal in their comebacks? At least with restaurants and buffets closed hopefully their will be less chance of that. Still it might take a while for fighters to get off the couch and into shape once congregations are allowed again. So it could be a slow start as people need to put the time in first. Schedules and negotiations will need to happen and managers, promoters have a lot to handle. Stacking cards might be a way of getting fighters out there, but unless it still makes financial sense I’m not sure. Unless there’s a definite and believable date of when things can get rolling again with considerable notice given, I don’t expect everyone’s ducks to me in a row right away. I think it will look like a recovery situation and not a deluge of fights. I could be totally wrong of course, I know they will all want the money to flow in again. Maybe boxing will actually move fast for once when it needs to. I’m just not holding my breathe.

Comment

Tend to doubt it. I suspect things will just get pushed back if they are good matchups & whatever fights will just be cancelled.

Comment

I hope so...

Comment

Also just one belt one champion party’s over promoters . Best fight best no more bs

Comment

I think the top guys will be given fights to make them look good. Hopefully on the undercard of these fights they put in strong support fights.

I hope the stoppage forces changes. If we could just do away with exclusive network deals that would be a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I think the top guys will be given fights to make them look good. Hopefully on the undercard of these fights they put in strong support fights.

I hope the stoppage forces changes. If we could just do away with exclusive network deals that would be a great start.
                  I can see a lot of top guys asking for tune ups since their training and timelines have all been messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    I can see a lot of top guys asking for tune ups since their training and timelines have all been messed up.
                    Yeah good point, especially since we have no idea when gyms will be allowed to open again.

Comment

Working...
                    X