Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the real welterweight champ??? Be objective!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out Judahs resume. Untouchable and Marg and Mosley both ducked him.

Comment

If you're talking resume and record of competition ; Floyd is dead fucking last at Welterweight. Having only fought 1 legit Welter (Baldomir), 2 Junior Welters (Zab, and Ricky), and 1 Super Welter (Oscar).

I pick Shane for overall best record as well. With Cotto a very close second, and Margarito and Cintron dragging up the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by boxaholic View Post
        I can agree on most of that except for a little on Floyd's take and all of Cotto's take. Cotto has fought better competiton than Margarito by far. Check the opposition. Stack them up against quality of opponents (don't forget to think about the plaster shhh a little)
        I dont include the plaster. Because of the fact that Margarito has always beat opponents down horribly. It's not like Cotto was the first time he beat someone bad. So I dont count the Plaster because the percentage of possibility that he had used it before is so miniscule. Until Margarito says "I did use plaster", I will always say he didn't because 43 fights 13yrs in the game and no one noticed, is just far-fetched.

as for record wise.

1. Miguel Cotto

Michael Jennings TKO 5
        Alfonso Gomez RTD 5
        Shane Mosley UD 12
        Zab Judah TKO 11
        Oktay Urkal TKO 11
        Carlos Quintana RTD 5

Are the only two fights that are top competition. That can make a legit run for the title. Judah has a question mark because lets face it, he isn't the sharpest knife in the kitchen, then you add the low blows.

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 :) View Post
          No way Judah gets mentioned in the same sentence with Mosley/Cotto/Marg

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 :) View Post
            How did Mosely duck Judah when they had a scheduled fight last year, but Zab pulled out due to injury? You are obviously a Zab nutthugger.

Comment

Vacant.

Mayweather was the recognized champ and retired. When has the #1 faced the #2 to fill the vacancy since then?

Comment

No one atm. Mayweather was till he retired. No one has filled in that spot imo. The winner of tonight must beat Mosley and Berto or Mosley beating Berto and the winning tonight ect... to be THE Champ imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                  Vacant.

Mayweather was the recognized champ and retired. When has the #1 faced the #2 to fill the vacancy since then?
                  Margarito-Cotto?

w/ Mosley>Margarito. It makes Mosley the man sittin on the throne.

Comment

The lighter of the 2 that are fighting today miguel angel cotto

Comment

Originally posted by boxaholic View Post
                      If you go on past experience I might agree being objective. Lets be realistic IF you think that Floyd gets beat by Cotto and SMM you are only lying to yourself. Good post
                      If that was true mayweather would of had a fight with either of them a long time ago....

Comment

Working...
                      X