Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dedicated, unbiased thread regarding the current heavyweight landscape.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
    Messed up. I like where your thread was going with the whole unbiased observer thing .
    Unfortunately your thread got tainted with the first two replies coming from the biggest Fanboys on NSB.
    Cant say im surprised bro. Where there is shat, there are flys. The shat being in this instance my objective thread.

Comment

Looks like it already turned into a fanboy thread.

I think Fury Wilder is a very intriguing fight with Fury being the main reason. The dude is an enigma in some fights I see him literally boxing in a way somebody his size should never be able to do but in others he flops hard. I think he fights to his competition which is dangerous early on against someone like Wilder. In top form his hand speed is a genuine threat but the layoff really did a number on him (No excuses there).

Wilder on the other hand is a proven entity. A real knockout artist who's been slowly improving his boxing skill. The only opponent he's ever not knocked out he avenged in the first round. He gets hate for the Ortiz fight but got tested and passed it. Showed his heart. Seems like a dedicated athlete in shape all the time so could press the action for the 12 rounds.

Now the winner of this fight vs. Joshua. Tyson Fury has a much easier time against Joshua than Wilder does. While the Fury Wilder fight may be 50/50, Fury would be the only one able to neutralize Joshua's robotic offense. Wilder could knock him out in spectacular fashion but also runs the risk of getting knocked out himself.

Overall the heavyweight division right now is good but not great.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
        no it shouldnt be 50/50 lol, hearn runs a business, if you start giving fighters unrealistic amounts as a one off then every one of the future opponents for the rest of his stable are also going to ask for unrealistic amounts. You dont have one man earning 20 mill a fight and one man earning 2 mill a fight and pay them the same amount when they come together. And did parker deserve 50/50 then cause he was an undefeated champ too?
        Yeah but are all aj opponents in future going to be undefeated champs? No there not and so hearn can offer percentages to reflect that.

Your basing ajs 20m per fight worth on tickets sold and arenas being filled this is boxing not a popularity contest.
        He is overpaid in my opinion for what he's actually done.

And yes Parker as an undefeated champ should have got 50% i believe any champ vs champ should be a fair split. A champ vs challenger should be bigger split in champs favour.

Its one thing wrong with the sport and why drug cheats like canelo get a bigger split then a reigning champ like ggg. Its a load of bollocks this oh im the a side i command this much etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick B View Post
          Yeah but are all aj opponents in future going to be undefeated champs? No there not and so hearn can offer percentages to reflect that.

Your basing ajs 20m per fight worth on tickets sold and arenas being filled this is boxing not a popularity contest.
          He is overpaid in my opinion for what he's actually done.

And yes Parker as an undefeated champ should have got 50% i believe any champ vs champ should be a fair split. A champ vs challenger should be bigger split in champs favour.

Its one thing wrong with the sport and why drug cheats like canelo get a bigger split then a reigning champ like ggg. Its a load of bollocks this oh im the a side i command this much etc.
          i understand what youre saying but im just being realistic. the way splits work are what you bring the table financially and theres a huge disparity between wilder and joshua. i didnt see mayweather throwing out 50/50 splits for people either out of the kindness of his own heart, its not the way it works. i think the problem is a lot of americans (probably a lot of mayweather fans) arent used to being the ones on the other side of it

Comment

Wilder and Fury made a brilliant move and managed to turn quite a few fans against AJ. This always happens when promoters are too manipulative. Oscar did the same damn thing to Canelo and people started calling him coward, just like they're doing to Joshua.

I think the fight is Wilder's to lose and don't believe Fury will ever be as he once was. But, Deontay is so inconsistent and technically unsound that Fury definitely has a chance.

Comment

I don't know if even that Fury that defeated Wlad would be able to beat Wilder. Wlad wasn't really throwing his right hand until the last round and he won that round. Wilder would and will be a lot more agressive and explosive.
              About the landscape, Wilder made this move to turn into a PPV star. I don't know if it will work, but most likely will. One thing is for sure, he isn't going to fight on Dazn. The only chance for it to happen was in september. If Wilder's plan goes right, let's see if Joshua is willing to step in and get this fight to happen. Or maybe, Wilder cold go for the regular WBA belt and force this fight on his own

Comment

The WBSS won't happen but would be awesome if it did. In reality the only person who could get this sort of thing going would be Hearn and you actually aren't as far offf as you think making this happen if he really wants.

Anthony Joshua - match room

Dillion Whyte - match room

Dereck Chisora - match room

Joesph Parker - already proven he can work with match room

Dominic Brezeale - indications he could be joining match room shortly

Joe Joyce - quite possible David Haye would work with matchroom in collaboration

Luis Ortiz - not inconceivable he could work with matchroom as already rumored over last several weeks they approached Eddie Hearn

Tony Bellew - matchroom

Jarrell Miller - matchroom

Povetkin, fury (x2), wilder - not sure?

For sure he could pull some other fringe top20 if needed but with those names you could see Eddie getting if he wanted he could really make a huge event. Would wilder, fury, etc not want to be part of it if he really got it working?

I obviously have no idea if he is even thinking about it but it would be a huge marketing appeal to both sky sports and DAZN !

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                  The WBSS won't happen but would be awesome if it did. In reality the only person who could get this sort of thing going would be Hearn and you actually aren't as far offf as you think making this happen if he really wants.

Anthony Joshua - match room

Dillion Whyte - match room

Dereck Chisora - match room

Joesph Parker - already proven he can work with match room

Dominic Brezeale - indications he could be joining match room shortly

Joe Joyce - quite possible David Haye would work with matchroom in collaboration

Luis Ortiz - not inconceivable he could work with matchroom as already rumored over last several weeks they approached Eddie Hearn

Tony Bellew - matchroom

Jarrell Miller - matchroom

Povetkin, fury (x2), wilder - not sure?

For sure he could pull some other fringe top20 if needed but with those names you could see Eddie getting if he wanted he could really make a huge event. Would wilder, fury, etc not want to be part of it if he really got it working?

I obviously have no idea if he is even thinking about it but it would be a huge marketing appeal to both sky sports and DAZN !
                  All good but Breazeale, Joyce and Ortiz are Haymon fighters, he will never work with Hearn, will he?

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    All good but Breazeale, Joyce and Ortiz are Haymon fighters, he will never work with Hearn, will he?
                    When did Joyce join Haymon? Wasn't aware of that.

We'll find out soon enough but I have heard both Brezeale and Ortiz potentially joining matchroom (DAZN) recently , let's see if they actually hAppen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                      When did Joyce join Haymon? Wasn't aware of that.

We'll find out soon enough but I have heard both Brezeale and Ortiz potentially joining matchroom (DAZN) recently , let's see if they actually hAppen.
                      Joyce signed with Haymon about a week ago? It's pretty recent news.

Comment

Working...
                      X