Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-29-2020, 11:35 AM #181
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14437 Post(s)
Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,936.77
Total Points: 171,998.05
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Koba View Post
ha ha... weird thing is I spent a good half my reply to you criticising Golovkin in one way or another... was I not criticising him hard enough for your liking?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Swear folk don't even bothering reading half the shit the reply to.
I don’t read responses after they say “but” because I k own it’s al BS after that
Shadoww702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:38 AM #182
Laughter for the people!

Quoted: 5238 Post(s)
Citizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,396,575.70
Total Points: 2,461,157.94
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bro - Chollo Vista 
Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoww702 View Post
I don’t read responses after they say “but” because I k own it’s al BS after that
'but I said all along he should have fought Derevyanchenko' - that's an 'excuse' to you?

Maybe you should give it a try before making a judgement, man. It's all good. I respect all fighters and as long as posters are relatively courteous I return that courtesty. I reckon there's room in this sport for us all to follow and like the fighters we choose, ain't there?

Funny how no-one takes offense when I say I'm a fan of Hooker or Bellew or N'Dam though... why is that you reckon?

Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-29-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Citizen Koba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:50 AM #183
Undisputed Champion

Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
'but I said all along he should have fought Derevyanchenko' - that's an 'excuse' to you?

Maybe you should give it a try before making a judgement, man. It's all good. I respect all fighters and as long as posters are relatively courteous I return that courtesty. I reckon there's room in this sport for us all to follow and like the fighters we choose, ain't there?

Funny how no-one takes offense when I say I'm a fan of Hooker or Bellew or N'Dam though... why is that you reckon?
Those guys don’t front and act like the boogeyman then fight guys we have to google. GGG fans are the biggest hypocrites out there and always have excuses why they talk sht about every other boxer
Old 03-29-2020, 11:56 AM #184
Laughter for the people!

Citizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bro - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Those guys don’t front and act like the boogeyman then fight guys we have to google. GGG fans are the biggest hypocrites out there and always have excuses why they talk sht about every other boxer
Aha... so... umm. Which other fighters have I been talking shit about there, bud?

And I ain't for a second gonna try to tell you Szeremeta's a great fight but if you have to Google the Ring #5 and TBRB #7 MW it ain't exactly Golovkin's fault is it? Still, he should have fought Boo Boo if that was an option.... unless you think Demetrius is a pussay too for fighting guys you had to Google?

Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-29-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:01 PM #185
PBC on LEAN!

Quoted: 7761 Post(s)
Uncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 457,611.14

Quote:
Oh, and incidentally what would you have said about Golovkin if he'd duc...erm chosen to fight Saunders over Canelo in either 2017 or 2018? would you have respected him more for that decision? Genuine curious.
timeline is 2016-2017. He could’ve made the fight with BJS in 2016 after Brook, bypass the WBA Regular mandate with Jacobs for Undisputed Unification.

Canelo would’ve had obstacles to get other Champs in acquiring any narrative for Undisputed since Canelo had no belts. So why would Canelo fans care? GGG already had the luxury to finalize his endgame dream for “all the belts is my plan A.”

Again, if GGG has been Undisputed, why wouldn’t Canelo fans want to see the Mexican as the new challenger since he got Lineal from Cotto?
Uncle Al..varez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:09 PM #186
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Aha... so... umm. Which other fighters have I been talking shit about there, bud?

And I ain't for a second gonna try to tell you Szeremeta's a great fight but if you have to Google the Ring #5 and TBRB #7 MW it ain't exactly Golovkin's fault is it? Still, he should have fought Boo Boo if that was an option.... unless you think Demetrius is a pussay too for fighting guys you had to Google?
I can name 20 probably 30 better boxers at MW. See but like I said you cool with the sht. They fight I’ll bet GGG for $1000 wins in 4 rounds or under. Then you can fkn pay me and bring up that high ranking BSht
Old 03-29-2020, 12:22 PM #187
Laughter for the people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Bidness View Post
timeline is 2016-2017. He could’ve made the fight with BJS in 2016 after Brook, bypass the WBA Regular mandate with Jacobs for Undisputed Unification.

Canelo would’ve had obstacles to get other Champs in acquiring any narrative for Undisputed since Canelo had no belts. So why would Canelo fans care? GGG already had the luxury to finalize his endgame dream for “all the belts is my plan A.”

Again, if GGG has been Undisputed, why wouldn’t Canelo fans want to see the Mexican as the new challenger since he got Lineal from Cotto?
Aha - yeah. You were talking about Astana in summer 2017 before though. I was asking about the timeline earlier - getting a few crossed wires cos AFTs insisting on a 2018 Saunders fight after Canelo II fell through. Can't make sense of that one.

I woulda said the best time for the unification would have been early 2016 just after BJS beat Lee at the Arena here in Manchester.

But yeah, late 2016 works too... Not sure he would particularly have got a great deal more credit FTW over Saunders than for Jacobs, nor that it would have been considered a more difficult fight by most, but legacy wise yeah, I'd say that would have been a smart move. As you said earlier Undisputed is never to be sniffed at even if it doesn't have the same value in every case. Maybe a missed opportunity, though it ain't like fighting the #2 in your division can ever be critcised too heavily either.

So are you positing now that fighting Jacobs instead of Saunders (if he was available at that time) was his worst career choice? Ummm - I still wouldn't say it was worse than losing 3 years of his prime cos of the Universum debacle, but I would say it woulda been a great move in hindsight, specially given how long the Jacobs negotiations dragged on. Course - lot of it depends on the HBO budget... and their calculations over whether BJS vs Golovkin was a viable PPV...

Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-29-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:32 PM #188
Laughter for the people!

Quote:
I can name 20 probably 30 better boxers at MW. See but like I said you cool with the sht. They fight I’ll bet GGG for $1000 wins in 4 rounds or under. Then you can fkn pay me and bring up that high ranking BSht
I said I got zero interest in the Szeremeta fight already, man. I ain't gonna stay up to watch that ish. I was just pointing out that you shouldn't need to google the dude.... although, ha ha, gotta admit I did too when he first showed up in the top 10 coupla years back.

So.. go on then. you gonna tell me who all these other fighters are that I been talking **** about?

Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-29-2020 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:12 PM #189
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
I said I got zero interest in the Szeremeta fight already, man. I ain't gonna stay up to watch that ish. I was just pointing out that you shouldn't need to google the dude.... although, ha ha, gotta admit I did too when he first showed up in the top 10.

So.. go on then. you gonna tell me who all these other fighters are that I been talking **** about?
I already knew you had to google him just like the rest of us
Old 03-29-2020, 01:17 PM #190
PBC on LEAN!

Quoted: 7761 Post(s)
Uncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these partsUncle Al..varez is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 457,611.14

Quote:
Aha - yeah. I was asking about the timeline earlier - getting a few crossed wires cos AFTs insisting on a 2018 Saunders fight after Canelo II fell through. Can't make sense of that one.

I woulda said the best time for the unification would have been early 2016 just after BJS beat Lee at the Arena here in Manchester.

But yeah, late 2016 works too... Not sure he would particularly have got a great deal more credit FTW over Saunders than for Jacobs, nor that it would have been considered a more difficult fight by most, but legacy wise yeah, I'd say that would have been a smart move. As you said earlier Undisputed is never to be sniffed at even if it doesn't have the same value in every case. Maybe a missed opportunity, though it ain't like fighting the #2 in your division can ever be critcised too heavily either.

So are you positing now that fighting Jacobs instead of Saunders (if he was available at that time) was his worst career choice? Ummm - I still wouldn't say it was worse than losing 3 years of his prime cos of the Universum debacle, but I would say it woulda been a great move in hindsight, specially given how long the Jacobs negotiations dragged on. Course - lot of it depends on the HBO budget... and their calculations over whether BJS vs Golovkin was a viable PPV...
GGG Promotions was making good money off of Expo 2017 tarps since Adama February 2014 up to Jacobs March 2017. That’s a good 3 years of marketing and promotional exposure for GGG to fight in Kazakhstan for all the marbles.
Uncle Al..varez is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends