Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-29-2020, 11:10 AM #41
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4499 Post(s)
RJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,713.70
Total Points: 165,322.77
Cheers, brother - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - !a! No Message - !a! No Message - !a! suck on this too ya dumb f@ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Koba View Post
Either of those work for me and - even though I don't think either really has much of a shot - I'd prefer either to Kell at 147 too. I'd probably go with Besputin though, for purely selfish reasons - just cos I'm really looking forward to Lipinets vs Abdukakharov and I don't really fancy Kudratillo's chances against Bud anyway.
I agree tbf, Besputin would be my first choice for Crawford excluding PBC fighters.

On a side note is Lipinets vs KA still tentatively scheduled or has it been postponed?
RJJ-94-02=GOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:11 AM #42
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
dibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,505.28
Total Points: 52,507.47
No Message - -jose- Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
Crawford-Spence isnít May-Pac, come on bro...😂

Itís a really great fight but Spence-Pac, Spence-Thurman are also great fights, and Iíd be happy to see them too. As Iíd be happy to see Crawford-Porter or something.

Iím not saying it wonít ever happen and Spence should fight Pac, Thurman etc instead. Iím just saying I understand the logic behind team Spence to fight the other top guys first as:
1. They are much easier fights to make.
2. They make better business sense.

I reiterate that as a fan I want to see the fight happen ASAP but I understand why it might not happen next, so Iím not all that critical of Spenceís handlers.

I didnít say itís on the same level as may-pac.. nothing will be on that level again, or atleast anytime soon.
It is only similar in a way that crawford-spence is the fight to make at welter in this era as may-pac in the previous one.
Doesnít mean itíll be even 1/4 as big lol.

Fans keep giving them passes for doing it so they do it all over and over again and gives us the fight when theyíre both 35 with obvious signs of decline in everything measurable and hype it up as if theyíre still in there primes. Wash rinse, repeat.

Other fights are just fillers.

If the golden days of boxing has done the same we wouldnít have seen leonard vs duran in their primes. Or against hearns.
Pac-floyd fight didnít settle anything as they already fought past their best and itís historic significance has greatly diminished.

Carry on, bro but I ainít gonna agree with that.
dibzvincent143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:30 AM #43
Laughter for the people!

Quoted: 5186 Post(s)
Citizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,372,788.49
Total Points: 2,435,721.73
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bro - Chollo Vista 
Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Quote:
I agree tbf, Besputin would be my first choice for Crawford excluding PBC fighters.

On a side note is Lipinets vs KA still tentatively scheduled or has it been postponed?
It's still on Boxrec but it's a PBC card and they say this:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

So sadly I guess we'll have to wait. Damn shame.
Citizen Koba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:08 PM #44
Undisputed Champion

RJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers, brother - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - !a! No Message - !a! No Message - !a! suck on this too ya dumb f@ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
I didnít say itís on the same level as may-pac.. nothing will be on that level again, or atleast anytime soon.
It is only similar in a way that crawford-spence is the fight to make at welter in this era as may-pac in the previous one.
Doesnít mean itíll be even 1/4 as big lol.

Fans keep giving them passes for doing it so they do it all over and over again and gives us the fight when theyíre both 35 with obvious signs of decline in everything measurable and hype it up as if theyíre still in there primes. Wash rinse, repeat.

Other fights are just fillers.

If the golden days of boxing has done the same we wouldnít have seen leonard vs duran in their primes. Or against hearns.
Pac-floyd fight didnít settle anything as they already fought past their best and itís historic significance has greatly diminished.

Carry on, bro but I ainít gonna agree with that.
The May-Pac stuff is irrelevant so Iíll just leave that behind.

I actually agree with a lot of what youíre saying but youíve also got to understand that itís no longer the 80ís and these super fights are a lot harder to make.

I completely understand why you and most fans are p**sed off with all the politics standing in the way of fights and Iím totally with you. Iím not excusing the promoters, managers either, I think itís BS that these guys probably wonít fight for a year or so but I do understand the reasoning behind it. From a business perspective it does make sense but from a fans perspective itís incredibly frustrating.

The only thing I disagree with is that you have a problem with Spence being OK with fighting Pac, Thurman, Porter etc, I donít see how you can take issue with a guy for fighting top competition. If the powers above said to Spence that Crawford is next heíd be happy with that and vice versa. Fighters fight.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:10 PM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Koba View Post
It's still on Boxrec but it's a PBC card and they say this:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

So sadly I guess we'll have to wait. Damn shame.
I thought that might be the case due to the date. Hopefully we get boxing back by the summer.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:13 PM #46
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Holler has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond reputeHoller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,376.03
Total Points: 17,305.81

Quote:
First off I rate Terence Crawford as the 2nd best P4P fighter on this planet. Iím not trying to hate on the guy.

But, Terence Crawford fighting Kell Brook is a disgraceful mismatch. Brook is completely washed and will have to absolutely kill himself to make 147, he hasnít had a relevant win at 147 since 2014, and he hasnít fought at the 147 limit in 3 years. This is just a simple case of Brook cashing in in whateverís left of his name value.

Crawford should be targeting top contenders, I know a lot of the PBC guys are not exactly options but at least go and get Abdukakhorov, Besputin etc.

There are even better options within Hearnís stable, Prograis, Vargas, Garcia etc.

I have no interest in seeing Terence Crawford annihilate a washed up guy who will have lost the fight the moment he gets on the scales.
Agreed. I've enjoyed watching Brook over the years but he's absolutely done and dusted.

This looks like Arum and Crawford eking out the last bit of name value from a faded boxer.

An easy win for Crawford and not one which will advance his reputation one iota.
Holler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:36 PM #47
Interim Champion

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Tutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these partsTutsa is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,403.76
Total Points: 14,003.89

I totally agree what a waste of time . Brook is so irrelevant and way past his prime . He is also damaged goods , I wish it was porter instead of this crap .
Tutsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:39 PM #48
The Money Team

Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
JoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond reputeJoeMan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,040.71
Total Points: 13,732.66

So who else is there for Crawford with a better name?

You're acting as if there are other options out there. PBC fighters want no piece of the guy, so tell us which fighter you want for his next fight?
JoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:42 PM #49
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8410 Post(s)
_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,071.31
Total Points: 308,910.24
No Message - DramaShow- one of the best posters hands down - jas For speaking truth - 1bad65 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Current View Post
At the same time, Brook would be a way more viable opponent than Crawford's last opponent (I legit can't remember his last opponent's name).
Mean Machine is a good fighter though. People just saw his last name and assumed he was a bum
_Rexy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:47 PM #50
Interim Champion

Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Cobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond reputeCobra Curry has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,922.00
Total Points: 27,874.09
Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rexy_ View Post
Mean Machine is a good fighter though. People just saw his last name and assumed he was a bum
This is the problem. I'd like the Besputin fight but he'll be written off as a Eurobum.
Cobra Curry is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends