Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Boxing Follow The NBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    I think the situation aboard the Grand Princess...where in a confined setting, 2400+ passengers were exposed to the virus...and only man elderly man died...shows that it is essentially the flu.
    The Diamond Princess is a more representative example. On the Grand Princess, the carrying passenger was shipped off in Hawaii and then everyone was quarantined in their cabins. Hardly anyone contracted the virus, which is not how it actually operates, judging by what is happening in many countries.

One infected man got on board the Diamond Princess and stayed 6 days. There were 696 cases out of 3711 people. 7 died and 32 remain in serious/critical condition. The mortality rate from the Diamond Princess suggests a highly contagious virus with a mortality rate in excess of 1%.

As pointed out earlier, seasonal flu has a mortality rate of 0.1%.

So, not the same. At least 10 times more deadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
      The Diamond Princess is a more representative example. On the Grand Princess, the carrying passenger was shipped off in Hawaii and then everyone was quarantined in their cabins. Hardly anyone contracted the virus, which is not how it actually operates, judging by what is happening in many countries.

One infected man got on board the Diamond Princess and stayed 6 days. There were 696 cases out of 3711 people. 7 died and 32 remain in serious/critical condition. The mortality rate from the Diamond Princess suggests a highly contagious virus with a mortality rate in excess of 1%.

As pointed out earlier, seasonal flu has a mortality rate of 0.1%.

So, not the same. At least 10 times more deadly.
      Fair point...you still have to take into account who got sick as well...and it is mostly very old people with health risks...that's why I didn't really reference that ship...when you have one patient zero, hovering around you at all times, infecting everything in site...then it makes sense that a number of people will pick up the illness as it is easily transmitted...and then there were a ton of old people on that ship.

Most of the time, you aren't going to be surrounded by a patient zero like that...you may pass by that person on the street, but in general your odds of contracting it are small...unless you are continually around someone who has it...that is what it seems like.

It's essentially a bad flu at this point, I think the facts bear that out...the 'over-reaction' is because it is basically a bad flu that is easily transmittable - relatively speaking - and affects the elderly and those already sick disproportionately...and those people can then die from it.

I agree with taking steps to protect them...I just don't think we need to shut everything down for it as well.
      Last edited by Boxing_1013; 03-12-2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• I didnt even read your pathetic post because a loser like you had to write a novel to explain yourself

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
        Not sure why my post upset you so much lol.

And it's you're* dude come on...if you are going to come at someone from a position of superiority, you need to at least get stuff like that right...I actually have done really well for myself...have been taking advantage of the dips in the market and probably will tomorrow and in the days to come as well.

Maybe you are a master of panic like Stan Van Gundy, but I am not my friend.

Please explain btw why this virus is such a big deal, and why particularly it is affecting you as well? You must be really special for it to seek you out buddy

Yeah people are panicking man...monkey see - monkey do...the best way forward in stuff like this is similar to what happened after 9-11...you have to keep living your life without fear and maintain some sense of normalcy...over-reacting to stuff like this is just terrible practice really.

As I said, most who even get this will be completely fine...and I mean like 99% of those who get it will be fine, without any help.

"Most folks that are infected with this virus will have a mild disease — won't need to come to the hospital, won't have to be admitted," Diaz said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/doctor...shington-state

People are overreacting and in 2 weeks I would bet that everyone will realize how much they over-reacted...we will see I suppose.

I think the money-thing comes in btw because business don't want to get sued...so that's why they are taking this stance...the media hyped it up and forced their hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
          Not sure why my post upset you so much lol.

And it's you're* dude come on...if you are going to come at someone from a position of superiority, you need to at least get stuff like that right...I actually have done really well for myself...have been taking advantage of the dips in the market and probably will tomorrow and in the days to come as well.

Maybe you are a master of panic like Stan Van Gundy, but I am not my friend.

Please explain btw why this virus is such a big deal, and why particularly it is affecting you as well? You must be really special for it to seek you out buddy

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
          I didnt even read your pathetic post because a loser like you had to write a novel to explain yourself
          Only the first part of that post was in response to you - quoted it again for your genius self so you can try and sound it out this time

If you can't read like 10 lines on here that's your problem man, not mine...not really something to brag about though lol...you're like that Chris Rock sketch lol...bragging that you can't even read lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

You're probably a young 20s guy on here...just fall back man and try and learn some stuff, don't talk so much.

Comment

• You people are fools, this won’t just blow over!

This is gonna get way worse before it gets better!

They are going to start mandating people to take vaccinations once they find a cure for it and right now they will start quarantining everything but Hospitals, pharmacies and grocery stores!

This is bad! People have to work and have kids that go to school, some people can’t telework from home and some will someone to look after their kids!

If you have money be extra frugal, no telling when they’ll shut everything down!

Comment

• Originally posted by SNlPER View Post
              We'll just have to get our fix watching streams of journeymen from South America and Africa.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx... View Post
                Yet all the warehouses who get product from overseas with low wage laborers will be open
                The sad truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Better fughin not be, wtf will I do on the weekends?
                  Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Christ, what will I do with my life? Hopefully I'm not expected to spend time with my family or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Can I sue China for this shit?

For pain and suffering and possibly lost wages.
                    For real all bullshit aside, there really should be some kind of accountability for this pandemic

People are dead.

They always seem to have some weird shit coming out of that place.

Comment

• Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
                      First thing The world needs to do as soon as this thing blows over is declare war on China they obviously can't handle their country and need someone to run it for them
                      I second this notion!

Their fck up is affecting the WHOLE world

Comment

Working...
                      X