Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Sanchez Boxes Past Joey Dawejko For Unanimous Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Nowadays size is a major factor. Unless you’re the second coming of Mike Tyson, you better be big. Skills just aren’t enough. Hard to believe I’m saying this about a 6’4” fighter, but this is where we’re at.
    There are fighters out here swerving Michael Hunter, and there's a reason for that! Making big guys miss takes a toll, the bigger the worse! Sanchez looks like it's going to be hard to land something clean and hard after 7. That gives him a great chance to be successful. Ali Demirezen or Gerald Washington would be good for him!

Comment

A Cuban that can really box...I can't believe it...sarcasm of course.

Side note...this dude does not look 27 though does he?

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/814335

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        There are fighters out here swerving Michael Hunter, and there's a reason for that! Making big guys miss takes a toll, the bigger the worse! Sanchez looks like it's going to be hard to land something clean and hard after 7. That gives him a great chance to be successful. Ali Demirezen or Gerald Washington would be good for him!
        Well, I hope you’re right where Sanchez is concerned; but I don’t see him being the guy you just described. In all fairness, it’s simply very difficult to become champion. As obvious as that may sound, we often forget that. There are really, at any given time, three or four guys who can realistically be on top of the heap. A couple of those guys tend to share the belts. It would be even more difficult if there were only one belt.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Well, I hope you’re right where Sanchez is concerned; but I don’t see him being the guy you just described. In all fairness, it’s simply very difficult to become champion. As obvious as that may sound, we often forget that. There are really, at any given time, three or four guys who can realistically be on top of the heap. A couple of those guys tend to share the belts. It would be even more difficult if there were only one belt.
          Oh ye of little faith. Skills pay the bills! Size can be both an advantage, and a curse! Why do you think Usyk had the courage to move up? Same can be said about Hunter. Besides Tyson Fury, what HW has more "skill" than Sanchez? I know he hasn't been tested, but if you know, you can see! 250 solid, and sky is the limit...if you have skills! Of course, if you take 2 down the pipe, it's a wrap! However, that goes for everyone, so I like his chances.

Comment

The More Heavyweights the Better! I hope they all live up to their potential and become LEGIT contenders because it will only make this ERA of Heavyweights Better having more competition!

Fans want call guys "Hype Jobs" and want to see them lose I don't know how the helps Fury, AJ, Wilder and the other Top Heavyweights if fans only want 1 of them to do well and the rest of fail

Frank jab looked good, saw a lot of improvement since defecting and turning pro, credit to Reynoso as well as Henry Garcia working his Corner during the fight. The jab looked really good! Also light on his Feet and showed excellent stamina. He could be a problem for sure especially with Reynoso helping him
            Last edited by sicko; 03-09-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Oh ye of little faith. Skills pay the bills! Size can be both an advantage, and a curse! Why do you think Usyk had the courage to move up? Same can be said about Hunter. Besides Tyson Fury, what HW has more "skill" than Sanchez? I know he hasn't been tested, but if you know, you can see! 250 solid, and sky is the limit...if you have skills! Of course, if you take 2 down the pipe, it's a wrap! However, that goes for everyone, so I like his chances.
              Haha Touché. (The interesting thing is — and you can’t know this but — these words really mean something to me right now. Thank you.) Like I said, I hope you’re right. We’ve all seen countless promising fighters implode the moment they step up. Barring explosive power (which he doesn’t have), Sanchez’s skills have to be on a high order to make up for the relative lack of size.

Comment

Clean work by Frank Sanchez.

I always like Heavyweight who are more mobile with good defense and one who can hit clean, while dodging. That footwork was a beauty. He improving for the better. Frank Sanchez, I like this boxer already.

Comment

I'm not seeing this defense he is way too easy to hit & gets way too complacent. Maybe his defense just looked better vs a T Rex?
                  I see some positives and think he's a good prospect but I also see a lot of bad habits and complacency I wouldn't typically expect from a Cuban schooled fighter. His inability to recognise traps is quite alarming.

Sanchez gets hit way too flush far too often. If anything I am more in awe of his chin thus far granted he's not fought anyone that can truly hit but he takes a lot of unnecessary shots real flush & it makes me grimace & scratch my head asking why he's getting hit by such stupid shots.
                  Last edited by dan_cov; 03-10-2020, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
                    I always like Heavyweight who are more mobile with good defense and one who can hit clean, while dodging. That footwork was a beauty. He improving for the better. Frank Sanchez, I like this boxer already.
                    Bare in mind who he performed this great footwork against
                    He had the perfect person in front of him to show footwork
                    I’m still not sold on this 47 year old lol

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                      Bare in mind who he performed this great footwork against
                      He had the perfect person in front of him to show footwork
                      I’m still not sold on this 47 year old lol

Yes, I agree. That is reason enough to see how he duplicate this against a opponent that is not favored by his style. If he can duplicate this with that type of boxer, maybe we are going to see a decent fighter in Frank Sanchez. Same here, I don't believe the 47 years old. I saw people who have 23 years and look 40. We need to see more of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X