Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-17-2020, 05:18 PM #41
Interim Champion

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
TMLT87 is a name known to allTMLT87 is a name known to allTMLT87 is a name known to allTMLT87 is a name known to allTMLT87 is a name known to allTMLT87 is a name known to all
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,054.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
Ali won though. Lewis isn't even from your glass jawed bum factory. And Joshua still lost by stoppage to a fat Mexican-American lol. We kicked your ass in the 1700's and still do today. I guess inbreeding doesn't help make good fighters...
Most of the ass kickers in the 1700s were essentially British migrants themselves, you do realize that...right? most modern day Americans are migrants that came much later and had nothing to do with it. Brits are more likely to have relatives who kicked British ass on the American side back then than most Americans.

Its also quite amusing talking about kicking British ass in the 1700s at the same time as talking about how great American boxers are, like its the same group of people involved in both situations. Sounds like you wanna have your cake and eat it bro.
TMLT87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:29 PM #42
Up and Comer

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
_Jordan_ will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,629.34
Total Points: 1,668.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
Really seems to have taken a big step forward under the Reynosos...that check hook is a really good shot
His reflexes are sharp, i don't think this technique can be planned, we saw so little of it, i want to see him against Linares to see how he react to punches, Linares isn't great but is really good, he would hold some rounds and punch him, how Mike Tyson said Everybody have a game plan till they get punched in the mouth, i wanna see what happens if this goes down.
_Jordan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:15 PM #43
Banned

Quoted: 4205 Post(s)
Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 157,674.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jordan_ View Post
His reflexes are sharp, i don't think this technique can be planned, we saw so little of it, i want to see him against Linares to see how he react to punches, Linares isn't great but is really good, he would hold some rounds and punch him, how Mike Tyson said Everybody have a game plan till they get punched in the mouth, i wanna see what happens if this goes down.
yes exactly...a very good test I think!!
Boxing_1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:15 AM #44
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Blond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,512.81
Total Points: 44,563.94

Quote:
yes exactly...a very good test I think!!
Mike Tyson was the best example of his own proverb...but thatís how it works. I saw Linares fight in person in a dusty bull ring in cancun city. He was in a real war until he won with a devastating KO. Heís from Venezuela and fights out of Japan, definitely not typical. U never know what ur gonna get with Linares. I know he dropped Loma and that will prolly be the highlight of his career, but he wasent actually close to winning that fight. Got stopped bad with a body shot if u let the footage roll. Donít get me wrong, I do like that Ry is fighting him but part of that is me just being happy that itís not a lesser opponent. Iíd like him to get sum experience and rounds in, especially since he just flattened his last opponent. But if this guy is going to be a superstar I hope thereís no struggle with Linares at all.
Blond Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:19 AM #45
Banned

Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blond Beast View Post
Mike Tyson was the best example of his own proverb...but thatís how it works. I saw Linares fight in person in a dusty bull ring in cancun city. He was in a real war until he won with a devastating KO. Heís from Venezuela and fights out of Japan, definitely not typical. U never know what ur gonna get with Linares. I know he dropped Loma and that will prolly be the highlight of his career, but he wasent actually close to winning that fight. Got stopped bad with a body shot if u let the footage roll. Donít get me wrong, I do like that Ry is fighting him but part of that is me just being happy that itís not a lesser opponent. Iíd like him to get sum experience and rounds in, especially since he just flattened his last opponent. But if this guy is going to be a superstar I hope thereís no struggle with Linares at all.
Linares is definitely an up and down fighter...I can't really figure out too much with him really.

I do think he was right in that fight with Loma though before the stoppage...I had it about even I believe...I think 5 rounds to 4 for Loma with Linares tying him due to the KD
Old 02-20-2020, 01:44 AM #46
The Champ

Quoted: 5223 Post(s)
BoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 646,805.09
Total Points: 762,425.29
Appreciate it brah! - $BloodyNate$ Have some drank on me! - $BloodyNate$ Since you love Floyds dlck so much here is a replica of it.  It's small but you already know this lmao. - apples Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
War Tank! - Santa_ Clueless troll, that "knows" everything - Ogecca MaMa Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony red k champ - Ogecca MaMa simply hater - Ogecca MaMa 
No Message - MinuteMaid5 Can't forget about you - MinuteMaid5 Can't forget about you - MinuteMaid5 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

KO waiting to happen is more like it.
BoxingIsGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:59 AM #47
Undisputed Champion

Blond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBlond Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Linares is definitely an up and down fighter...I can't really figure out too much with him really.

I do think he was right in that fight with Loma though before the stoppage...I had it about even I believe...I think 5 rounds to 4 for Loma with Linares tying him due to the KD
I remember him getting stopped in the first round vs Salgado, which is hard to shake. Still I didnít even see him lose to Cano to be honest. I remember being impressed that Linares was doing better than expected vs Loma. But a close round can sometimes look more impressive for a big underdog than the guy that is highly favoured. It was a competitive fight, but it was Loma with the stoppage win, and I donít think that was too surprising to anyone watching. Loma got dropped on his butt in a bit of a flash if I remember, he then came back with sum throttle and Linares got put down for good. I saw Loma lose to Salido and that will always be hard to forget regardless. I like Loma the more I see him in tougher fights, maybe even just as a boxing fan. Iím surprised Teofimo and him are gonna fight ( if it happens ) because rarely do young guys get pitted against the best by their management. I hope Teofimo doesnít get embarrassed, because that could stymie more matchups like this in the future.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:07 AM #48
Banned

Quote:
I remember him getting stopped in the first round vs Salgado, which is hard to shake. Still I didnít even see him lose to Cano to be honest. I remember being impressed that Linares was doing better than expected vs Loma. But a close round can sometimes look more impressive for a big underdog than the guy that is highly favoured. It was a competitive fight, but it was Loma with the stoppage win, and I donít think that was too surprising to anyone watching. Loma got dropped on his butt in a bit of a flash if I remember, he then came back with sum throttle and Linares got put down for good. I saw Loma lose to Salido and that will always be hard to forget regardless. I like Loma the more I see him in tougher fights, maybe even just as a boxing fan. Iím surprised Teofimo and him are gonna fight ( if it happens ) because rarely do young guys get pitted against the best by their management. I hope Teofimo doesnít get embarrassed, because that could stymie more matchups like this in the future.
Man Loma was so so great at 130...I just have seen him be more mortal at 135...I kind of saw that KD vs Linares coming...it to me was a very tense fight...and after that KD it's almost like Loma relaxed a bit and got to work...great finish and comeback from him.

I agree that sometimes the underdog can get the rounds or can get more credit than deserved...I didn't have a big rooting interest in that fight with Loma/Linares so was just watching casually and just saw a very competitive fight.

Yeah Lopez Loma should be good! Lopez's speed/size/athleticism/power could make that a bit like Wilder-Fury for little guys!! lol
Old 02-20-2020, 02:48 AM #49
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Man Loma was so so great at 130...I just have seen him be more mortal at 135...I kind of saw that KD vs Linares coming...it to me was a very tense fight...and after that KD it's almost like Loma relaxed a bit and got to work...great finish and comeback from him.

I agree that sometimes the underdog can get the rounds or can get more credit than deserved...I didn't have a big rooting interest in that fight with Loma/Linares so was just watching casually and just saw a very competitive fight.

Yeah Lopez Loma should be good! Lopez's speed/size/athleticism/power could make that a bit like Wilder-Fury for little guys!! lol
Right. I remember watching classic fights in my dads garage as a kid and hearing ďmay the best man win.Ē I never understood why that had to be said. It always felt ominous. I understand it now. Iíd never want even my favourite fighter (Erik Morales) to get a win I didnít think he deserved. I understand business wise how young prospects donít often fight each other on the way up, or young lions not being put against the champs. So I love fights that happen that Iím not expecting. I hope that if Loma vs Teofimo is spectacular and competitive that it causes rematches instead of the winner happy to be done with it.
Wilder is the skinny HW with the ultimate eraser, and Fury is the slovenly HW who is slick as heck and has cardio for days. Go figure. My brother predicted Fury in the first fight but said heíd have to get off the mat to do it. Sometimes I just hope it doesnít end in a debacle.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:26 AM #50
Banned

Quote:
Right. I remember watching classic fights in my dads garage as a kid and hearing ďmay the best man win.Ē I never understood why that had to be said. It always felt ominous. I understand it now. Iíd never want even my favourite fighter (Erik Morales) to get a win I didnít think he deserved. I understand business wise how young prospects donít often fight each other on the way up, or young lions not being put against the champs. So I love fights that happen that Iím not expecting. I hope that if Loma vs Teofimo is spectacular and competitive that it causes rematches instead of the winner happy to be done with it.
Wilder is the skinny HW with the ultimate eraser, and Fury is the slovenly HW who is slick as heck and has cardio for days. Go figure. My brother predicted Fury in the first fight but said heíd have to get off the mat to do it. Sometimes I just hope it doesnít end in a debacle.
On the bold...yeah I just hate that some fights end in controversy...though even on here we tend to disagree on which fights were close and could go either way, and which were robberies.

I have been leaning towards Wilder in the rematch...but now I think I'm actually leaning Fury...he should benefit from the 12 rounds they fought more than Wilder I think...and should be in better shape for this one...but maybe not as motivated too? Hard to call it really.

I felt the first fight was close as Wilder kept himself in it with those 2 KDs...but as you said, hopefully we get a clear winner Saturday night with little controversy.

Share This With Friends