No announcement yet.

Mayweather gets a pass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    All I know is if I’m paying to see some kind of sporting event , my understanding is those athletes have trained to be the best they can be
    This is not the case
    On top of it , he throws it into the faces of his fans and no one says a fughin word
    Just trying to show the different standards for different fighters
    It didn’t go off to well when Ruiz admitted to not training for his fight with AJ
    Or Kovi with Canelo
    And it has absolutely nothing to do with winning or losing is my point
    I agree with you and no he shouldn't be throwing it in people's faces that he didn't train because fans do pay their hard-earned money as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
      yes the fake fight went on to pad his record
      just like any prospect pad their record to start out Floyd just did it at the end
      That , imo , is a bullchit answer
      Then why retire , stick around and keep fighting guys with a 5-34 record until the end of time

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
        In an ideal world, every fighter would be in top condition for every fight but we all know it's not an ideal world.

You mentioned fans who ponied up big bucks to see a boxing match with two hard-training individuals punching each other for victory; Well that's exactly what happened since Floyd won by TKO. He obviously trained hard enough to win so that's ultimately what matters most.

Boxers train and are paid to perform on fight night and both guys did that. Floyd might not have trained as hard as he ever has but he obviously didn't need to if he still got the stoppage victory.

We all knew that in all reality , he really didn’t need to train for Conor
        Or that’s how I felt about it
        I had friends laying coin on Conor , which I thought was total fughin insanity

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
        I agree with you and no he shouldn't be throwing it in people's faces that he didn't train because fans do pay their hard-earned money as you said.

Maybe it’s me but I find that to be a low blow to the fan who paid to go see that fight

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          That , imo , is a bullchit answer
          Then why retire , stick around and keep fighting guys with a 5-34 record until the end of time

Floyd wantd to be 50-0 he got his wish when he fought Conner in a glorified sparing session and barley trained for it

it is what it is no matter how we fell about it

Comment

Floyd wantd to be 50-0 he got his wish when he fought Conner in a glorified sparing session and barley trained for it

Your right it is what it is
            Just curious why Ruiz and Kovalev didn’t get a pass for barely training

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Which Mosley press conference? There were multiple.

I have seen Floyd be great with fans in the past, signing autographs etc

But I have also seen him be seflish with his fans many times too. And I have been ringside for many Floyd fights. I was ringside for his supposed final fight against Andre Berto, a fight in which is the first time ever where I've seen a pro Mayweather crowd as it was his "farewell fight". All for him to put on a lackluster performance and after the fight say "I didn't try, that was a D grade performance by me as I just wanted to finish my contract"

Gee, thanks Floyd. It's not like we're paying our hard earned cash or anything
              The press conference for Who R U Picking (Floyd vs Shane). I agree that he can be a d!ck. I had argument with him when I simply asked him, what about Castillo that made it so difficult for you in the first fight. He went off about not because HBO said it was close means it was close. So I pressed him and kept going at me. LOL

I also got into an argument when he tried to say no one is mentioning Roy anymore as one of the best (Roy is my guy) a little after he was knocked out. I was liek what are you talkign about. After awhile he backed down and said all time he's great but no longer p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
                The press conference for Who R U Picking (Floyd vs Shane). I agree that he can be a d!ck. I had argument with him when I simply asked him, what about Castillo that made it so difficult for you in the first fight. He went off about not because HBO said it was close means it was close. So I pressed him and kept going at me. LOL

I also got into an argument when he tried to say no one is mentioning Roy anymore as one of the best (Roy is my guy) a little after he was knocked out. I was liek what are you talkign about. After awhile he backed down and said all time he's great but no longer p4p.

Floyd was a great fighter and no one can take that away from him
                But as a human , he is trash
                Just my opinion

Comment

If anything, it was a slap in the face and disrespect to his opponent, Conor McGregor.

A man known as a gym rat who never cuts corners and gave it all he had in the gym with ridiculous work ethic, found a guy who took him out of his element because he was that confident he was going to win.

Comment

still running with that lol.

Comment

barely trained or just couldnt train like how he used too?? hmmmm i think i'll take it from the horses mouth over yours --

“I’m not the same fighter I was 21 years ago,” Mayweather said in his MayMac World Tour press conference. “I’m not the same fighter I was 10 years ago. I’m not even the same fighter I was two years ago. I understand that but I have that fighter’s mentality. But this will - I spoke to Al [Haymon, Mayweather’s manager]. Today we had a meeting and I can’t push my body [anymore]. It’s grueling. Training camp is grueling. I can’t do it anymore. It’s rough. Training camp is rough. I’m just going to the gym, working hard everyday and it’s rough. This has to be my last one.

Comment

Working...
                      X