Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is margarito cheating against cotto theory widely accepted? proof?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by microMXL View Post
    Cotto said himself after the second fight, the azteca commentators asked him about the punches, the feeling in this fight and cotto said: "his punches felt the same"
    Actually, Kellerman asked Cotto immediately after the fight and Cotto made a statement implying there was a difference. He said something like, He's still standing in regards to that he wouldn't have gone down the first fight if there wasn't anything in them. Can't remember the exact words.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      You're comparing Cotto's face during the fight to the other picture which was taken at least 24 hours later. You obviously have no idea how much worse you look overnight.
      collins eyes were nearly shut just at the end of the fight, see for yourself. his damage looks brutal

and this is a pic of cotto going into the 10th round.

Originally posted by North Star View Post
      With Collins, he was not only hit with plaster of paris, but the stuffing of the gloves were also removed. He was literally being hit with bricks with a leather casing in form of a glove.

In the Cotto/Margarito fight, there was also a suspicious conversation in Tony's corner in one of the middle rounds where they ask him about his punch. Something like, "How's your punch?" or similar. I can't fully recall but there were some videos posted back in the day about it.

I think one of the biggest factors for Cotto was getting his nose broken early in the fight, causing him to breathe through his mouth and swallow a lot of blood.
      cotto just looked exhausted, he had nothing left in him. and cotto himself said margarito punches felt the same to him after their 2nd fight so i dont think he used plaster
      Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Respectfully, that is you trying to give Margs the benefit of the doubt as a fan.

Which do you believe dude, #1 or #2? Please answer.

My guess is in your heart, despite being a Margs fan, it's #2.

Best case was it was #1 and someone in Margs camp told Nazim so he knew to look.

Since that is unlikely, is there any plausible reason to believe anything but #2?
      1. im not a margarito fan
      2. im looking at the evidence, do u think the 'well he cheated this time so he must has cheated before' argument would hold up in court? it makes it more questionable no doubt but u cant convict someone based on this

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
        collins eyes were nearly shut just at the end of the fight, see for yourself. his damage looks brutal

and this is a pic of cotto going into the 10th round.

cotto just looked exhausted, he had nothing left in him. and cotto himself said margarito punches felt the same to him after their 2nd fight so i dont think he used plaster

1. im not a margarito fan
        2. im looking at the evidence, do u think the 'well he cheated this time so he must has cheated before' argument would hold up in court? it makes it more questionable no doubt but u cant convict someone based on this
        No you aren't. If you were, you would understand Cotto didn't get hit with loaded wraps AND de-padded gloves. You wouldn't also compare a picture during the fight with one 24 hours after a fight.

Comment

With Collins, he was not only hit with plaster of paris, but the stuffing of the gloves were also removed. He was literally being hit with bricks with a leather casing in form of a glove.

In the Cotto/Margarito fight, there was also a suspicious conversation in Tony's corner in one of the middle rounds where they ask him about his punch. Something like, "How's your punch?" or similar. I can't fully recall but there were some videos posted back in the day about it.

I think one of the biggest factors for Cotto was getting his nose broken early in the fight, causing him to breathe through his mouth and swallow a lot of blood.
          Absolutely correct. I do recall such of conversation as well.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigjavi973;15779369]Explain the cracked wrap & gauze:

Blood/tint from the glove stain in same location. Why would you utilize an OLD pad for a NEW fight?????? Suspect? Fuk yeah he did!!

Comment

People who go by this are stupid, specially if you know spanish.

In the corner capetillo tells Tony that his punches "should be harder (or solid) now" based on that awful HBO translator.

Capetillo was telling Tony that the punches "need to be harder" not that they "should be harder" basically Capetillo was asking Tony to go for the KO.

I saw Javi posting the margarito "cracked" padding. That's not even a crack, there's a picture floating around with Corrales having a similar thing on his wraps. It's a sort of hair or string possibly from inside the glove it's not a crack. You swear he would be walking around with something as condemning as that. The commission checked the wraps before and after. There's no evidence that he cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                That was not Plaster of Paris it was removing of the PADDING by Luis Resto.

Apples to Apples brother, not apples to oranges.
                Resto later admitted that his wraps were soaked in plaster after the padding had been removed.

Comment

Louis Resto took padding off his gloves
                  Margarito loaded his gloves
                  Its not only different but u also have a picture taken 24hs after the fight and the other 1 right after the fight.... like super biased.

Cotto said he felt the punches the same but they didnt have the same impact.

Its ok if u wanna be a fan of a criminal, theres alot like you in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                    People who go by this are stupid, specially if you know spanish.

In the corner capetillo tells Tony that his punches "should be harder (or solid) now" based on that awful HBO translator.

Capetillo was telling Tony that the punches "need to be harder" not that they "should be harder" basically Capetillo was asking Tony to go for the KO.

I saw Javi posting the margarito "cracked" padding. That's not even a crack, there's a picture floating around with Corrales having a similar thing on his wraps. It's a sort of hair or string possibly from inside the glove it's not a crack. You swear he would be walking around with something as condemning as that. The commission checked the wraps before and after. There's no evidence that he cheated.

Not even a crack?

Denial much?

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
                      i was watching a hbo vid of max/bhop/jim discussing cotto re-emergence, max said cotto was cheated out of his prime by margarito because of plaster paris. i just dont understand how u can say this on national tv without any proof. cotto simply couldnt handle his pressure and stamina.

in relation to the plaster theory if margarito had used plaster paris against cotto then why the hell did he take his glvoes off in the ring? when people were shaking his hand wouldnt they have felt something unusual?

furthermore, cotto face doesnt show signs of plaster damage. compare his face to a real victim of plaster and u can see massive difference

so has anyone on here got any evidence that margarito used plaster paris
                      In the Billy Conn fight the padding was also removed from the gloves..huge difference

Comment

Working...
                      X