Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume - Miguel Cotto vs Winky Wright?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Resume - Miguel Cotto vs Winky Wright?

I know everyone is busy arguing about Floyd right now but I have to ask before I forget.

Miguel Cotto - wins over Mosley, Margarito, Clottey, Judah, Quintana, Malignaggi, Torres

vs

Winky Wright - wins over Mosley 2X, Soliman, Trinidad, McKart, Mullings, Dodson, Quartey
    Cotto
    35.29%
    Winky
    61.76%
    Too Close
    2.94%
    Last edited by UrDazed; 02-20-2013, 07:49 AM.

I like Cotto'sssssss!

Comment

Outside of Mosley x2, the rest of his resume is pretty weak. I always thought Winky overrated himself lol. ALways with some weird career decisions

Comment

Winky......he's also the better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          Outside of Mosley x2, the rest of his resume is pretty weak. I always thought Winky overrated himself lol. ALways with some weird career decisions
          Yeah....felt he beat Taylor but turns down the rematch? What the hell was he thinking.

Comment

Winky went what 15 years after his first loss until he was decisively beaten again.

Winky beat McKart thrice when he was 28-1 42-2 and 45-3

Also beat Ike Quatey

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
              Yeah....felt he beat Taylor but turns down the rematch? What the hell was he thinking.
              And I thought Taylor just did enough to edge it out by a hair...the result, I have no problem with. But he was good enough of a fighter to change his approach and take it to Taylor

That decision to forgo it was strange...it probably could have changed the trajectory of his career...then I'll always scratch my head for taking the Paul Williams fight after being on witness protection for like 2 years

Comment

Winky had respectable performances against Taylor and Vargas too. I still voted Cotto though.

Comment

If you're going to mention Margarito and Judah for Cotto, then mention Ike Quartey for Winky, who was a far better fighter than those versions of Margarito and Judah even at that time.

Also I thought Winky beat Vargas. So let's try this again.

Mosley 2x, Trinidad, Quartey, Vargas, Draw with Taylor, Solimon, McKart 3x.

I'd go with Winky Wright, he actually won most of his important fights when he had to. Could have had a better resume if he didn't turn down so many fights.

Comment

Head 2 Head at 154 Winky Wright wins of course.

Comment

Working...
                    X