Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the point of a Marquez-Pacquiao 5?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the point of a Marquez-Pacquiao 5?

Is it official? I'd be very disappointed if this fight happens. There is no need for a 5th fight. Pacquiao was KNOCKED OUT COLD!! This should saga should be over with already.

People just want to see pacquiao win can't handle the fact that he was Ktfo by Marquez, so they cry and moan for a 5th fight.

Like I say hope Marquez doesn't go through with this Bulls***

the point is to see Pacquiao KTFO again, pointless fight but it is what it is.

Comment

I believe money is the number one reason why it will happen again. It will probably be a lot bigger fight this time around. Its just too hard to turn down that kind of money sometimes.

Comment

5th fight won't happen, JMM will want at the very least 50% and Pacquiao won't be willing to do that.

Comment

How do you define pointless? Is it pointless because it doesn't advance some people's p4p fantasies? Or it pointless because nobody wants to see it? I'm pretty sure it'll get 1.5 million buys, so how can one the most anticipated fights be considered pointless?

Comment

It's because boxing is a business and people want to see it. No pro fight is ever made in the name of gladiatorial legacy. If that were the case, there'd be no promoters, just brackets.

Comment

...to set up Pac-Marquez 6.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
                Is it official? I'd be very disappointed if this fight happens. There is no need for a 5th fight. Pacquiao was KNOCKED OUT COLD!! This should saga should be over with already.

People just want to see pacquiao win can't handle the fact that he was Ktfo by Marquez, so they cry and moan for a 5th fight.

It's not people who want to see Pacquiao win, the polls after the fight said its the casual fan who enjoys bloody brawling exciting action who want a 5th fight, they just want to see another exciting fight many of them could careless if Pac wins.

The fight should never happen but the only one to blame is Juan Manuel Marquez, everything is up to him not Pacquiao or Arum, its Marquez who has the final say he is in the position to fight Pacquiao or retire or fight someone else, and he wants to fight Pacquiao after knocking him out cold.

So the blame has to go on Marquez he was initially to retire, but he chose to continue and to go on with a 5th fight.

No one put a gun to his head, he chose it, and I think he should have retired he got what he wanted after 8 years of chasing retire on top or fight Bradley nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post

I don't know whose alt are you but this rematch is legit but I know you don't want Pacquiao to avenge his loss.

First, despite of the early knockdowns for both Pac is looking good, broke Marquez nose and beating the hell out of Marquez before the knockdown. Therefore the 5th should be a helluva fight.

Second, the amount of money both will generate in this fight will be hard to resist.

Third, Pac gave Marquez 3 rematches. Now its Marquez time to give back the favor.
                  Last edited by straightleft; 01-15-2013, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    I don't know whose alt are you but this rematch is legit but I know you don't want Pacquiao to avenge his loss.

First, despite of the early knockdowns for both Pac is looking good, broke Marquez nose and beating the hell out of Marquez before the knockdown. Therefore the 5th should be a helluva fight.

Second, the amount of money both will generate in this fight will be hard to resist.

Third, Pac gave Marquez 3 rematches. Now its Marquez time to give back the favor.
                    There is no point. The other fights went the distance and were close. Forth was a clean cut winner. Not only did he floor manny, but he completely knocked him out all with in six rounds. Manny deserves a rematch as much as khan deserves one with gracia.

Comment

Working...
                    X