No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweden2716 View Post
    I have been following boxing since the 1960's and I find it hard to find another fighter with Loma's skills, I am not saying he is better than the greats but he is very special and I predict he will be mentioned as an all time great in the future.
    He looks good but he didn't look so great against Salido. Honestly I think Mikey would beat him. And I would be willing to bet $$$$$ on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
      A lot of guys have a year long lay off. People are making way too much about the Walters fight. I give you the Marriaga fight which I found pointless but a ton of people picked Rigo to win and he only put on 8 pounds. Again, people move up all the time and Rigo probably would have beaten most 130 lbers.
      If Loma beats Berchelt, people will say that Berchelt never really beat anybody except Vargas who was shopworn. Same old story.
      SHT GGG fans are screaming BLOODY MURDER because Canelo fights on Cinco De Mayo and they're saying he's just trying to age GGG. GGG is 3 years younger than Rig. and BIGGER unlike Rig. who was much, much smaller than Loma.

You have eyes right??? And can see??? I hope your not one of those guys who says they were close in size...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Mikey Garcia deserves a shout too. After all he actually beat Salido, didn't he?
        Great point! I can't put Loma above Terence Crawford or Mikey Garcia, because one, 11 fights is not enough, two, Mikey beat Salido, and three, we know Crawford would destroy Salido! Lomachenko needs to beat Mikey Garcia @ 135! One fight that could help Loma is a CW fight w/ Manny Pacquiao @ 140. We know Manny is not the same Manny, but I did feel that he clearly beat Jeff Horn, and for years Roach has been saying that Manny should be fighting @ 135-140! Even an older Manny MIGHT be better than Lipinets! Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko @ 140! Let's Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          He looks good but he didn't look so great against Salido. Honestly I think Mikey would beat him. And I would be willing to bet $$$$$ on it.
          Do you think Mikey or Loma could beat Easter Jr. @ 135?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Let's not forget he fought the last 2 guys who were 1 & 2 weight classes SMALLER than him.

I've been looking at the 126 and 122 lbers to see who he fights next??? You have any ideas??? Maybe

Daniel Roman
            Gary Russell Jr. again
            Oscar Valdez

???
            maybe rigo again. So we can see that massive boxing iq ppl were always saying rigo had lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Great point! I can't put Loma above Terence Crawford or Mikey Garcia, because one, 11 fights is not enough, two, Mikey beat Salido, and three, we know Crawford would destroy Salido! Lomachenko needs to beat Mikey Garcia @ 135! One fight that could help Loma is a CW fight w/ Manny Pacquiao @ 140. We know Manny is not the same Manny, but I did feel that he clearly beat Jeff Horn, and for years Roach has been saying that Manny should be fighting @ 135-140! Even an older Manny MIGHT be better than Lipinets! Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko @ 140! Let's Go!
              loma has more title fights in 10 fights than mikey or crawford. Loma #1, crawford #2 in my book

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Do you think Mikey or Loma could beat Easter Jr. @ 135?
                Both could.

He barely got by Richard Commey and I thought he lost to Denis Shafikov. Now those judges were TERRIBLE!!!

Here's some quotes...

"It appears that home cooking played a part in the scoring, if not the outcome of the fight".

" tough and relentless Russian southpaw Denis Shafikov at the Huntington Center in a very close fight that was aired on Bounce TV. It was a fight that could've gone either way."

"Twitter blew up after the decision was announced, with media and fans ripping the 120-108 scores as outrageous."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...kov/445407001/

Comment

1..crawford

2. Canelo

3. Gg

4. Spence

5. Thurman

6. Lomo

7. Wilder

8. Joshua

9. M garcia

10. Charlo

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                    Peterson is irrelevant imo, that fight is a foregone conclusion, just a warm up for Spence.
                    I would hardly call Peterson irrelevant. At this point in his career he's an experienced veteran who usually gives a good account of himself any time he fights a top guy (Matthysse being the one exception but that was years ago. )

I think his fight with Spence will be competitive. More so than Loma-Rigo.

Comment

CRAWFORD is without question no.1 p4p.

Comment

Working...
                      X